MC063 Alert: Listing(s) removed - seller performance below standard - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 04-15-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default MC063 Alert: Listing(s) removed - seller performance below standard

Hi!
Recently been issued with an indefinate suspension from ebay due to seller performance, i think its due to low DSR's for delivery times which is rather annoying.
all our items were listed with an estimated delivery time between 4-6 days, we dispatch everything within 3 yet get lower ratings from buyers who clearly don't take in to account the estimated delivery times.

As a registered business seller we sell approx 150 items per month and shell out a whopping 15k plus in ebay fee's per annum with ebay.

Yet they are quite happy to slap a suspension on us.

I am looking for advise as you all know trying to contact or let alone speak to someone at ebay is just a waste of time i get real answers from them, its like they are robots just talking from a ebay rules and guidelines book issued to them, an absolute joke really. they accuse me of poor performance, yet they customer service is disgraceful!

I am just looking for advice really, its possible this may cost me my job as i work for a company that sells on ebay as extra income, i mean we have our own website so not all is lost but ebay really is a large chunk of our business.

I mean can anyway tell me how long an indefinate suspension can last?

From listing over 800 items to 0 i have already had alot of regular customers asking us whats happened.

any advice is appreciated !

Best Regards
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. This happened to be few months ago on a nice account.

I spoke to live chat agent. She said was not forever.

Accoutn got reinstated in a few weeks after more positives came in. Best bet is to chat eb ay up.

All the best.
Old 04-15-2011
Threadstarter  

i've emailed several times had one response stating the same as the original email.

I've tryed chatting to them and didn't really get anywhere at all just aggrivated and annoyed at them, its like talking to a robot!
Old 04-15-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

]

Your delivery times are unfortunately open for many low DSR's from e Bay buyers. Simply due to your lengthy dispatch time.

Three days dispatch is not ideal when operating on e bay at all. Buyers almost demand their items get dispatched the same day, otherwise low DSR's are coming your way.

I am not sure, I would have said phone them as it is usually quicker to get an answer over live chat (ZZZZzzzzz). Have you tried to appeal your suspension or waiting until you next review date before phoning?

Old 04-15-2011

i would suggest you save your time. I've plenty of bad experiences talking to their so called 'agents', all they would eve do is to read you their policy and guideline that can be found on their website. No exceptions, no alternative solutions. Once your account is suspended, that's pretty much it, and if you try to open a new account with any information that could be linked back to you old one, your new one is gone as well. If you're banned once, you're banned for life. Just try opening another account, but make sure you use nothing suspicious that will backfire later.
Old 04-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Thatr's not good advice to tell the OP to forget the account.

He says there's a website as well so it could be difficult to start again as stealth.

He needs to look at doing some hard graft contacting buyers to get FB done, to see if some FB can be revised (if there's enough to bother).
More importantly the business plan needs a revamp.
Who is not doing their bit to get the items out?
Why is there a delay?
How effective is the LISTING for buyers to read and hopefully understand delivery takes however long it takes.
What sort of communication is being done to woo the customer?
I kinda sense some sitting on someone's rear end & not knocking these problems over
As for getting irate: DONT. Come here & vent. Leave ebay thinking you are loverly
Off the top of my head at the very least that should be done
feel free to discuss this
ShadyOne (04-16-2011)
Old 04-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

If your legit and the only reason for suspension is low DSR then there is the answer within the question. Fix DSR if possible... Once improved then contact again after review. And yes be nice a courteous to all of them.
Old 04-16-2011

Default dont know

im in the same boat, ebay account got SELLING RESTRICTED permanently this month. MAKES NO SENSE, my feedback rating is like 99.8% and like 3000, ALL of my DSR averages are 4.8 or 4.9, i have had 1 negative in the last year, and 1 neutral like 6 months ago!

you CANT revise a positive feedback, and apparently a few left me positive comments with a lower end DSR in 1 or 2 areas, no way to adjust that

i called them and pleaded and they were rude as hell. told me thats just how it is. i will try to email them or use live chat also, but dont expect much. its crazy

i mean, i could understand if i had negatives or was like 97% but im almost PERFECT in feedback and overall DSR and still this? after 7 years!??????
Old 04-16-2011

Quote:
you CANT revise a positive feedback, and apparently a few left me positive comments with a lower end DSR in 1 or 2 areas, no way to adjust that
This is why e bay needs to do something about this awful DSR system.

Quote:
99.8% and like 3000
This is all e bay used to be about...
Quote:
i mean, i could understand if i had negatives or was like 97% but im almost PERFECT in feedback and overall DSR and still this? after 7 years!??????
Well it is all about them low 1s and 2s

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-16-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 76%

DSR system is epic fail.
Old 04-16-2011

the only DSR issues i had since i was limited, were for shipping charges. KEEP IN MIND i was selling books, dvds, cds, etc--- And I used the STANDARD SHIPPING that ebay sets!

so if ebay says STANDARD CD SHIPPING is $3, then i used that! so how can someone give me a low rating for EBAYS standard shipping anyway? i mean EBAY sets it! if u use their standard rates then s/h shouldnt even be rateable!!!!

EBAY REALLY SUCKS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost7676 View Post
the only DSR issues i had since i was limited, were for shipping charges. KEEP IN MIND i was selling books, dvds, cds, etc--- And I used the STANDARD SHIPPING that ebay sets!

so if ebay says STANDARD CD SHIPPING is $3, then i used that! so how can someone give me a low rating for EBAYS standard shipping anyway? i mean EBAY sets it! if u use their standard rates then s/h shouldnt even be rateable!!!!

EBAY REALLY SUCKS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
No it doesn't makes sense!

Especially when the courier then charges you $4 to send, so it costs you more but you can still get low dsr's!

Old 05-02-2011

Default Ebay makes money either way

Many sellers fret because they get low dsr's for shipping charges. Ebay pushes sellers to offer free shipping which then allows them to charge final value fees on item and added shipping charges. They don't collect final value fees on shipping when its separated from item price. Free shipping is a scam. You pay more in final value fees to get more percent off at the end of the month so you pay either way. You just knew there had to be a scam in there somewhere when it comes to dealing with ebay. So don't worry about getting a lower dsr rating for shipping charges. Charge fairly and run a tight ship and you'll survive the ordeal of slugging it out with ebay inc.
Old 05-02-2011

^^ It isn't a scam, it is a way of marketing to their customers. They are more important to them than their sellers
Old 05-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 76%

They charge FVF on all shipping charges now anyways. So, free shipping is still the best thing to do.
Old 05-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Ebay now charges fees on shipping charges too... I have run it both ways... With and without shipping charges and I almost always come out ahead when charging for shipping. Long ago when the Free shipping campaign started I said it was just ebay trying to get us to take a hit and them making more on final value fees...

My rule of thumb is to charge shipping on auction items and not on flat rate buy it now. My logic is that with the buy it now, you know what your getting, your profit loss ratio. You can configure it in advance. However with auction items its hard to say, you dont want to end upside down cause your item sold for 99 cents and shipping cost you $5.00....