Heres my problem, but what do I do?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Question Heres my problem, but what do I do??

My ebay/paypal history:
I have used paypal and ebay since 1998. I have had many different accounts in mine/wifes/parents,etc. All have been closed for some BS that was NOT VERO but always some transaction that went south or something similar.

Current situation:

I have a great standing ebay account (Powerseller with 20% discount level).

My 18yr old son and I started it but I ended up using it as he just got a job instead.
Its in His name, address is next door abandoned house, and my cell phone #. Used a walmart Prepaid to set it up.

Paypal account is in his name and same information as ebay. used my legit bank account for it and a simon card for verification.

Here is what my problem is:

The account is getting near about 16k and dont want to submit my sons SSN as it would hose him on taxes. They have NOT asked as of yet.

what I would like to do:

I want to keep my ebay account if possible but get another paypal account to attach it to my existing ebay account instead of the one that is on there now. So my son can use it on occasion for his own personal buying if he chooses to in the future.

What is the best way to do this setup. Open another stealth account with paypal and just replace the address with the new one and attach the new one in place of the old?

There is absolutely no limitations on anything that I am using now So i wonder if it can be that simple. I dont see any problems but that is why I am posting on here. to see if anyone else sees anything wrong with it.

I do understand if either gets suspended in the future that it would affect both but I need to know if the situation above would work now.

Thanks

Last edited by KingRay; 04-17-2011 at 11:49 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-18-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
The account is getting near about 16k and dont want to submit my sons SSN as it would hose him on taxes. They have NOT asked as of yet.
I think the limit is 20k but you get messages about it before hitting that limit.

Quote:
What is the best way to do this setup. Open another stealth account with paypal and just replace the address with the new one and attach the new one in place of the old?
I have never tried this so will need someone elses advice on this, it seems plausible, though I cannot see it being this easy.

I will try and find some info on the forums...

Have you really got to 16k without providing ID! Damn!

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-18-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-18-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

One thing I may need to think about is doing this BEFORE they ask me for my ssn on the current account. If I simply close it prior to them asking then I may have a better chance on doing what I want to do.
Old 04-18-2011

Quote:
One thing I may need to think about is doing this BEFORE they ask me for my ssn on the current account. If I simply close it prior to them asking then I may have a better chance on doing what I want to do.
Is the limit not annually though, so if you left the account alone, you could start selling on it again next year. Your son may also join you by then! :D

PayPal are always going to ask you for a SSN at some point, I think some people spread their sales over multiple PP accounts, some use an EIN number and some people probably have another method

I do not know enough about using an SSN because we do not use it with PP over here. While you are waiting for some answers, you should search the forums and see what you can find.

Old 04-18-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

That ssn thing is something people are getting asked if something is wrong. I can almost guarantee that to be true. I opened my account almost 2 yrs ago and reached powerseller AND preferred seller status within 30 days. NEVER have I been asked for a ssn. I am sure its people with low dsr's, claims,risky items, etc.

Yeah at the paypal registration process they say you have 3 options and you have to use 2 of them. I just used the other 2 which was bank account and CC. Other than that I have heard nothing of needing an SSN. I know I will need something soon but I am wanting to get around that.
Old 04-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
That ssn thing is something people are getting asked if something is wrong. I can almost guarantee that to be true. I opened my account almost 2 yrs ago and reached powerseller AND preferred seller status within 30 days. NEVER have I been asked for a ssn. I am sure its people with low dsr's, claims,risky items, etc.

Yeah at the paypal registration process they say you have 3 options and you have to use 2 of them. I just used the other 2 which was bank account and CC. Other than that I have heard nothing of needing an SSN. I know I will need something soon but I am wanting to get around that.

Powerseller,,,Within 30 Days?,,,,Cannot get around SSN,,Create Paypal Business Account add an EIN Number,,Your good to good
Old 04-20-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Powerseller,,,Within 30 Days?,,,,Cannot get around SSN,,Create Paypal Business Account add an EIN Number,,Your good to good
Are you telling me that is what I should do after reading my original post here?

I should keep ebay and open a paypal with EIN and attach it in place of current paypal on ebay and keep selling as usual?

OR should I just create another stealth account and do the same thing, change from current paypal connected to ebay with new stealth one.

My EIN business account would be basically stealth in paypals eyes anyway. Business name they have never heard of with EIN they have no connection to me on. Pretty much the same as just opening a regular steath account and not having any IRS reporting right.
Old 04-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

I am still saying there is no way one eB ay account can just go around flip flopping whatever Pa yP al account you want to attach to it. That is majorly sketchy and eB ay is no where near that retarded to have no idea what you are doing here.
Old 04-21-2011

^^^^ If EB and PP ever worked together then YES, they would know when you are changing your PP account to avoid the 20k limit.

EB obviously knows how much someone has sold in an a year.

And PP will find other PP accounts with similar details as the one you removed from EB.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-21-2011 at 04:50 AM.
Old 04-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Are you telling me that is what I should do after reading my original post here?

I should keep ebay and open a paypal with EIN and attach it in place of current paypal on ebay and keep selling as usual?

OR should I just create another stealth account and do the same thing, change from current paypal connected to ebay with new stealth one.

My EIN business account would be basically stealth in paypals eyes anyway. Business name they have never heard of with EIN they have no connection to me on. Pretty much the same as just opening a regular steath account and not having any IRS reporting right.
Convert the Paypal Account to a Business account and add an EIN,,,,Paypal Cannot see the Name of the True owner of the EIN,,,,

As for your EIN Numbers having NO Connection to you,,,well the ONLY way that you can get an EIN Number is if YOU Provide your Social Security Number,,,,

So How is it that your are getting EIN Numbers with no Connection to you?,,,,The ONLY way would be to have someone get them for you using their SSN,,,and that is F#ck&d up,,,do you realize that you will be sticking someone Else with your Tax Bill?,,

Now if the person getting you these EIN Numbers is a Friend or Family Member,,,be Aware that you are going to hurt them badly,,,at the end of the year when Paypal reports the Sales attached to that EIN,,,Uncle Sam is going to want taxes on that money,,,and Uncle Sam can make life Miserable for ANYONE,,,

You need to pay attention to this,,,
Old 04-21-2011

so you can ant any point change your paypal into a business paypal and just add your ein and be fine as far as not having to provide a ss number. so if i would get many ein numbers i could do this with all my stealth accounts and not have to worrie about going over the 20k mark i mean i will pay the taxes but that would be awesome so i could just use my stealth accounts year round without having to watch the amount i sell.
Old 04-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Thought I commented on this - post got deleted? Hmm.
Old 04-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

@RSOT,,,the OP has Started a bunch of Similar Threads in Reguards to this Issue,,I Think that you might have Commented on another thread,,
Old 04-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Thanks Slapped.
Old 04-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
@RSOT,,,the OP has Started a bunch of Similar Threads in Reguards to this Issue,,I Think that you might have Commented on another thread,,
And it's getting extremely annoying and clear that he is ignoring any and all advice given. Can we get some regulation here Mods?
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
biggunn (04-25-2011)
Old 04-21-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
And it's getting extremely annoying and clear that he is ignoring any and all advice given. Can we get some regulation here Mods?
You are reading the wrong posts then. I have not ignored anything. post on something else if there is a problem for you. This is information that everyone needs at some point.

You are like some of my buyers that dont read the whole auction listing...

You are only picking up the "EIN" in those posts and thinking they are all the same. Just please post on things you know of. I asked on here that I need help from people that have USED the EIN. I am sure you are helpful in other areas which is greatly appreciated but I need real answers not more problems with things that are not even relevant. Thanks

Last edited by KingRay; 04-21-2011 at 05:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to KingRay For This Useful Post:
ShadyOne (04-21-2011)
Old 04-21-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Convert the Paypal Account to a Business account and add an EIN,,,,Paypal Cannot see the Name of the True owner of the EIN,,,,

As for your EIN Numbers having NO Connection to you,,,well the ONLY way that you can get an EIN Number is if YOU Provide your Social Security Number,,,,

So How is it that your are getting EIN Numbers with no Connection to you?,,,,The ONLY way would be to have someone get them for you using their SSN,,,and that is F#ck&d up,,,do you realize that you will be sticking someone Else with your Tax Bill?,,

Now if the person getting you these EIN Numbers is a Friend or Family Member,,,be Aware that you are going to hurt them badly,,,at the end of the year when Paypal reports the Sales attached to that EIN,,,Uncle Sam is going to want taxes on that money,,,and Uncle Sam can make life Miserable for ANYONE,,,

You need to pay attention to this,,,

Your long post has this waaaay off. I said no connection in PAYPAL's eyes. I KNOW that you have to have your own personal SNN to start the EIN process. RELAX.....

No where did I say anything about using someones SSN to get my account number. what are you reading???

My original post is my problem. You are making it worse.