A question for the experts. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-27-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default A question for the experts.

I managed to get back on ebay with a previously banned address and have actually listed some items for sale with the auctions running now. The PP account is also the same one that serviced the previous EB account, but of course with a different email for the new acct.
The part that scares me is that the primary email is the one that goes back to the other ebay acct. I went in to change the primary and was asked to prove I was the account holder and enter the BA number. I have switched primary emails on other PP accounts but have never been asked for this info, but none of the others were ever tied to a bank account. I am thinking that this is just a safeguard to protect accessing my BA through PP and actually a good thing that they have in place.

Anyone care to elaborate or offer any insight.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2008

Longevity: 94%

I did this twice (before I found this board) and they suspended me right after the listings ended.
Old 01-27-2008
Threadstarter  

Change the bank account or use the same paypal?

I figured on this one I had nothing to lose, thought the street address was blacklisted, but it let me register and though PP might be a problem. One thing I will not do is make a fee payment to EB off of this account, because the sender will be the name on PP which is not the name on the EB account...it it the name from the previously NARU'd EB account
Old 01-28-2008

Longevity: 95%

Savah-
I'm kinda hoping you do not frequent the Stationary Category too much on the Bay?
Something tells me.. you're not the easiest customer to Please??
LOL
Old 01-28-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by savahaganda View Post
Auctually... there is alot we are ruling out with the paypal and ebay linking... I just got done paying some ebay fees, apparently, ebays paypal account has a number, usually you may see it at the end... I am guessing everytime new paypal account and ebay account are made, some kinda hidden number goes into the files, that shows something like so

ebay account---- 12345654321 is ebay id Ratting1982 for example

paypal id----- 12345654321 is primary email account Ratting1982@aol.com

I am just using those numbers as example though... they insert payment tags into the files for those accounts and whenever can just bring up a history of all that crap.

I figure there security system because active back in middle 2005.... I first found out about the linking when it came to paypal. I got my paypal id banned because I was scamming the hell out of people by having them send products to me and if they did not have tracking, I disputed it. after awhile paypal got pissed the hell off and banned me. I had a perfectly working ebay id with excellent feedback. So I used my girlfriends account.... well they banned her too, all because of one ebay id. today, I am much too slick for paypal, I hit them pretty hard now adays, they dont bust balls because of the finacial hit they are gonna feel

I always thought paypal LOVED those kinds of customers to death and their whole purpose for being was so customers could pull that scam.
Old 01-28-2008
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

Paypal -themselves- love to scam people.. they don't like it so much when their customers are doing it, though.
Old 01-28-2008

Was Bill Cobb who is taking over as CEO of ebay, was he once CEO of paypal?
Old 01-28-2008
Threadstarter  

He's the brother of the "maestro" on Seinfeld
Old 01-28-2008
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Was Bill Cobb who is taking over as CEO of ebay, was he once CEO of paypal?
It's John Donahoe that's taking over as CEO of eBay. Rajiv Dutta is now the CEO of Paypal but he's going to be filling Donahoe's old job.
Old 01-28-2008

John Donahoe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Doesn't say he ran paypal.
Old 01-28-2008
MU

..and neither did I.
Old 01-29-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Paypal asks this all the time for me. They give me other options as well like a credit card number, or something else I'm forgetting now. It's normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
I managed to get back on ebay with a previously banned address and have actually listed some items for sale with the auctions running now. The PP account is also the same one that serviced the previous EB account, but of course with a different email for the new acct.
The part that scares me is that the primary email is the one that goes back to the other ebay acct. I went in to change the primary and was asked to prove I was the account holder and enter the BA number. I have switched primary emails on other PP accounts but have never been asked for this info, but none of the others were ever tied to a bank account. I am thinking that this is just a safeguard to protect accessing my BA through PP and actually a good thing that they have in place.

Anyone care to elaborate or offer any insight.