Creating a Stealth PayPal Business Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-07-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Lightbulb Creating a Stealth PayPal Business Account

Like many here, I got slammed with a paypal permanent limitation (and following that an ebay permanent limitation) after being a faithful member for 5 years. They said I was too risky of a client to do business with, ah well, screw them.

I do a run an online business, and the main method of paying my clients is through paypal, as well as when I ship items to my customers I dont want the shipping label to say my name, but my business name. My business name is Tech Twurl and on paypal it was registered as Tech Twurl as well. However, I am creating new stealth ebay/paypal accounts using a family members name/info and I wanted to know how to keep my business name stealth.

Is it even possible to use the same business name anymore? Would it be possible if I changed it to TechT or TechTw or maybe even called it something like TT Inc.? Would this work? Any help is appreciated, as long as I can get my business name out on my labels, and when I send payments to my customers so it can look professional, thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-07-2011

Longevity: 75%

Just DON'T use the same business name, I think you should be good using the names above.
The Following User Says Thank You to aliciakeys For This Useful Post:
Ratman2050 (05-10-2011)
Old 05-07-2011
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

It is not relevant to your business operations as to what name is on the paypal account. You could slap a nice sticker on the box with a brand, logo, and the real address and phone number if your concerned about brand recognition and put the paypal account under whatever business name you want. You can use a variation without a problem, and even though they don't link based on personal names, they might link accounts with the same business name. Why take the chance?
The Following User Says Thank You to First Edition For This Useful Post:
Ratman2050 (05-10-2011)
Old 05-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks I ended up using TT Inc.
Old 05-09-2011

Aside from the issue of using the same or different business name, you mentioned the issue of showing the business name rather than the personal name.

Many times when sending payments via my paypal business account I have ended up with packages showing my personal name. I took issue with this because of the privacy implications. Postal and shipping company databases would retain this information as well as the undesirable outcome of having it furnished to the other party.

I actually set up my Paypal account with a business name as the company name and persons name. Paypal made me change it at a certain point. When I discovered the privacy issues I contacted the Paypal Executive offices and complained. They repeatedly acknowledged the privacy issues and said they would block the name from being transmitted to other parties. They never fixed anything.

Finally they admitted they had no way to fix this and changed the first last to match the business name. I just thought I would mention this so you would be aware its an option if this it a problem for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to DSToken For This Useful Post:
Ratman2050 (05-10-2011)
Old 05-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Just another question regarding names, for my new bank account, would it be acceptable to use my real name?

For ex, my old paypal was banned under my real name, I created a stealth one under my dads name, but I want the bank to have my real name, will this cause any linking? I mean there are a bunch of people with my name I bet, just making sure..?
Old 05-10-2011
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Yes, for the bank account you HAVE to use your real name.
Old 05-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
Yes, for the bank account you HAVE to use your real name.
Yes you must use your real name on the account. However you can get a DBA in the name of the account holder
The Following User Says Thank You to newjerseymax For This Useful Post:
quijanoj (12-02-2015)
Old 05-10-2011
MU

Heres the skinny...

It's up to the BANK to accept the incoming deposit. Paypal and eBay both do not link accounts based on the name only. Some banks require the names to match on the incoming deposit, and some do not.

Yes, you could can operate as a DBA or a fictitious name legally, however it is irrelevant to most banks as to what name the incoming deposits come.

Nothing should stop you from opening a new paypal with your name (where your name is the only thing that is the same) and using any bank for electronic deposits.
Old 05-11-2011
Threadstarter  

I see, I should have reworded my question, I did not mean I was going to use a "⊗⊗⊗⊗" name, I meant to ask, if the paypal is under my dads real name, and the bank account is under my real name, will they (paypal) accept that or not?

From what you guys said it seems that is acceptable, just making sure, thanks.

Edit: Why does it censor the word ⊗⊗⊗⊗ which is the four letter word that is opposite to the word "real"?
Old 05-11-2011
MU

You do not understand, your question is worded well. Paypal cannot see the name on the bank account. It is up to the bank to decide whether or not to accept the incoming deposit with a name that is not that of the bank account holder.

Don't use your Dad's information. The point in stealth is to be able to start fresh without Dads.

It's a banned word. Just like ****.
Ratman2050 (05-11-2011)
Old 05-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

For search purposes too =)
Old 05-11-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
You do not understand, your question is worded well. Paypal cannot see the name on the bank account. It is up to the bank to decide whether or not to accept the incoming deposit with a name that is not that of the bank account holder.

Don't use your Dad's information. The point in stealth is to be able to start fresh without Dads.

It's a banned word. Just like ****.
Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up...and as far as using family member info, the stealth guide recommends it as far as I read?

I only used a family members name, because I know when it comes time to submit bank statements and other documents to ebay/paypal it will be difficult . So I am not sure how that would work, that's why I used a real persons name who I had access to info for.
Old 05-11-2011
MU

You could still use your own name, as long the info is different, because paypal and ebay do not link accounts based on a name.

The stealth guide lists many banks that work with name variations.
Ratman2050 (05-11-2011)
Old 05-12-2011
Threadstarter  

I see, I'm beginning to think this stealth stuff has to do a lot with luck, I just got asked by paypal to show photo ID, and utility bill, how would I be able to do this?
Old 05-12-2011
Threadstarter  

Well I guess since a lot of people had success with stealth I will stick with it too, nothing to lose, and nothing's ever easy anyways..
Old 05-12-2011
MU

Stealth is easy... not to argue or anything

K
I
S
S
Old 05-12-2011
Threadstarter  

It's gonna suck to do business with though, from what I read if you do more than $500 transactions, your most likely gonna get screwed with paypal asking for SSN. I deal with electronics such as ipads and iphones so definitely will reach the $500 monthly mark, I read you might be able to talk the paypal employees out of the SSN if you argue your not comfortable with it, but I guess that's a hit and miss situation.

Honestly, I've been on the phone with paypal probably a dozen times this past week regarding my main account being banned, boy I do not want to hear their employees anymore! One moment they welcome you and say you are a top customer and then...boom backstabbed :D
Old 05-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Change your mindset. Stop labelling everything 'stealth' and making it seem like the bogey man is involved.

You are making a new paypal account which by coincidence is stealth. Should you need things related to that account, you discreetly find out what to do.
Ratman2050 (05-12-2011)
Old 05-13-2011

Default Under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman2050 View Post
It's gonna suck to do business with though, from what I read if you do more than $500 transactions, your most likely gonna get screwed with paypal asking for SSN. I deal with electronics such as ipads and iphones so definitely will reach the $500 monthly mark, I read you might be able to talk the paypal employees out of the SSN if you argue your not comfortable with it, but I guess that's a hit and miss situation.
It's true that dealing in expensive items creates a lot of unwanted attention. It is almost inevitable to have the accounts frozen or suspended and have to produce documentation. Perhaps this is not "not so easy" stealth scenario as opposed to the casual user selling a few low value items here and there.

Selling slowly with smaller items, and accruing feedback will help to stay under the radar with Ebay, but almost nothing can save you from the annoying and unwanted gaze of Paypal. As many have said on here, multiple stealth accounts are essential in case of shutdowns.

It's an incredibly stupid business model to drive away those with legitimate items for sale (especially large scale sellers trying to get established), but this is apparently the MO of the CEO. He clearly knows that Ebay/Paypal is an anticompetitive monopoly, and that he can do anything he wants to drive the users nuts and they will keep coming back for more.

. Without those poorly paid employees in India, the reign of terror simply wouldn't be as economically feasible.
The Following User Says Thank You to DSToken For This Useful Post:
Ratman2050 (05-13-2011)
Old 05-13-2011
MU

I've never talked with an outsourced paypal employee. The ones I've dealt with have all been stateside.
Old 05-13-2011

Longevity: 84%

I just for the first time after 3 years tried opening an ebay account on selling on it.. Everything went good for the first 5 sales or so but now they haven't suspended my account but they did say in order for me to sell anything, I have to provide them with a drivers license and utility bill.. I've been reading that many people make ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones and have their account reinstated.. I'm not good with photoshop but basically i am willing to pay someone if they can get my account back up? or if someone can sell my stuff on ebay for me , I will pay you a good amount?

thanks
Sam