Paypal linking question- help appreciated! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-13-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Paypal linking question- help appreciated!

I suppose I will find out in time but it I know now I can plan better.
I have a great account I sell a lot on that has been going strong almost a year.

I was setting up a new account's paypal bank account info recently when I got the message that it was already in use for another account. Although this was a new bank account number I had never used, it is a savings account attached to the checking account I use for my other established paypal account. So, note to everyone, do not use checking/savings accts from the same bank for seperate Paypal accts (I had done this in the past with B of A and it worked but not this time).

What can I expect with my established account? I assume it will be linked, but will I be limited or suspeneded or does the link just lie dormant? I have some super pricey items closing this week and if it going to have issues I will be better off taking those items off. I know sometimes it looks like you are all good for a couple weeks and then you get hit with a limitation later.

Also, my plan with these accounts is to keep my total sales under $20,000 each so that I will not need a tax document at the end of the year. Does that sound like what I should be doing? I pay taxes but do not want to be asked for a SSN for obvious reasons.

Thank you so much for your help. Again, love the stealth guide. It got me up and running with absolutley no issues (except of course this silly mistake I just made)!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

1. You tried to use an old bank account for new one? Not good - quite a bad link you have created there.

2. You CAN use different chequing and saving accounts from same bank - I do it ALL the time - I suspect you typed in the wrong number - THAT happens so this info is FALSE.

3. What can you expect? Only time will tell - if you get hit with something bad, your account might be linked and hit too. Yes - you can be good for awhile then BAM! limitation when trying to withdraw....sadly but I speak the truth.

4. Keeping you accounts under $20k is always an ok move but don't expect THAT alone to avoid ID request + limitation. Does not guarantee it =(

All the best - it is a silly mistake but live and learn.
Old 05-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 78%

Ah man! I have made a small mistake before but it did not limit my account so I was hoping this might not be a biggie. Plus in the past the guide had said Paypal and eBay were not sharing this type of info but I think that has changed. My accounts have been so awesome with absolutely no limits! Any one with experience with this I would love to hear what happened.
Old 05-27-2011

Longevity: 75%

I have been using saving and cheque accounts from the same bank separately for different paypal accounts too..so far no problem