advice appreciated on using donated account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-14-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default advice appreciated on using donated account

Hi there, i just had a mate donate his 4 year old eb ay account to me, he hasnt used it for about a year, it has less than 20 feedback but 100% pos - 1 neg that is over a year old so doesnt count. I have made new p pal and added that, bought 1 item and bidded on a few.

What i am really hoping is that i will be able to list unlimited with it, but wanted advice from the more experienced stealthers out there regarding this. He has sold on it in the past, so it is a sellers account, how would people suggest it take it - just start listing what will hopefully be an unlimited amount of items, or do i still have to take it slowly for 90 days?

My business model is low value items that sell up to a couple of hundred times a week most of the year - more at xmas but then that is the same for everybody!

I would really appreciate any advice, has anyone had experience with a similar situation?

Cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%

What happened to his Pa yP al account that made you have to create a new one?
Old 05-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Ha i'll tell you how to put to get to full use if you decide to pay me a commission % =)

All the best though - that's a nice 4 year old account you have there - whatcha selling there daz?
Old 05-15-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Hey Daz,

Well it hasn't been used for a year, has only 20 feedback, has one neg on it...hmm not an amazing account reall tbh.

Are the accounts actually business accounts?

Why did you take this account if you could simply make your own?
Old 05-15-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hi,
cheers for the replies

Unknown - I had to do a new ppal as he couldnt remember his password to the account or the email addy he was using, tried everything under the sun but to no avail, so thought it best to just create new ppal and unlink the old one. have submitted bank details so awaiting verification numbers on that one.

Shady - the reason i used it rather than new is that hopefully there will be no listing limits, waiting 90 days to list unlimited is crippling me, i need to get a shop up and running asap so i can put a few hundred items in it, thats what always worked for me in the past! Account is just personal at the moment, but if i can get it with unlimited listing then it will be worth going business on it

Rsot - cheers for the offer, i dont really like to say what i sell here in public but its nothing too dodgy, just low value high turnover, but feel free to pm me if you have any good ideas if you are serious - i would always pay commission if i was makin money myself

In general guys, what would you suggest is my best strategy on this - go for broke with listings straight away, or tread carefully like any stealth account and build up a few listings a week to start with and so on?

If anyone has experience with an account in a similar situation as this one would love to hear about it!

cheers
Old 05-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

Tread carefully - list slowly - have your ID and supporting documentation ready just in case (Pa yp al is kind of notorious for doing this when you have 2 pa yp al accounts open for an eb ay account - especially since you unlinked and linked new one).
Old 05-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

hi rsot, thanks for the advice - not as positive as i was hoping to hear, but appreciated nonetheless. Think i will play it safe just in case, will list a couple a week for a month or so then try stepping it up a little!
Old 05-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Don't take my advice personally Daz - I am ALWAYS skeptical with pp and eb - best is to be real about the bad scenarios and work with it. Better NOT to expect the peachy keen playground scenario - that way you work carefully and avoid mistakes. All the best.

Your listing idea is good.
Old 05-20-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hi rsot, i didnt take it persona;lly, just was hoping to hear somethingmore positive in my favour!

The whole point of this forum is to ask people for advice and listen to what they are saying, as i am trying to do - i have seen other posts by people who ask for advice, and when the advice is given they try and justify not sticking to it anyway, the way i look at it is that if you ask for advice, you need to listen to what people are saying to you, not just ignore it and do what you were gonna do anyway!

I have only been on this forum a couple o fmonths, but have found some real useful advice which, combined with the stealth guide, will hopefully have me back up and running and supporting my family again.

I hate being skint and having to tell the kids that they cant have ice creams, or cant go to the beach for the day in the school holidays, children dont understand about money like us adults, and rightly so - but with everyones help i am looking forward to getting back on my feet, it just doesnt seem to happen quick enough, but there is no point in rushing into things and risking having to start again from scratch! 90 days is a long time when you have bills to pay and mouths to feed, but in the overall scheme of things it could be worse i guess!