This just in...no neg feedback for buyers - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-29-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default This just in...no neg feedback for buyers

Go check your messages, this just came accross the desk:

Feedback Changes
Significant changes coming soon will increase buyer confidence and showcase good sellers.
Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
Positive repeat customer Feedback will count and Feedback more than 12 months old won't.
Negative and neutral Feedback left by the buyer will be removed for transactions in which a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) or if the member is suspended.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-29-2008

Longevity: 94%

i dont know what to say really.............but its getting worse. you have to say imagine every seller on ebay was to leave ebay feedback, what would there score be? there sellers to right?
Old 01-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

That is the most stupid idea ever. There are bad non-paying buyers everywhere on eBay. Now we won't have any way of identifying them.

What's worse, buyers can now leave negative feedback for any seller and we won't have a way to give negative feedback back.
Old 01-29-2008
Threadstarter  

There are a few items that I sell regularily that people started practically giving away and drove my price down. Well now I can start bidding those items up to drive my price back to where it should be.
Old 01-29-2008

this seems like bu ll **** to me......NO negs for buyers !!! gimme a break, buyers suck just as bad as some of the sellers......ebay is screwed
Old 01-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

eGay is certainly siding with buyers now and saying fugg the sellers...eGay aint eGay without the sellers! If you can't sell then the buyers won't come. Buyers will now be qucik to leave a negative like they are quick to file a paypal claim before contacting the seller.
Old 01-29-2008

Longevity: 95%

What a wonderful idea???

It seems the new CEO is worse than the Whiteman B..tch.
Look at all these new rules..... so stupid and so rude.

They are a bunch of robbers!
Old 01-29-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Other than suspending me last year, this is the STUPIDEST thing this crap-a** company has ever done. Get ready for all kinds of rip-off artists trying to screw sellers.
Old 01-29-2008

i almost sh*t myself when i saw that email from ebay. just like it's always been. ebay is against the sellers. i'm sure there were some buyers who didn't leave me negative feedback because they knew they may get it in return. now buyers are going to leave negative feedback for any little thing, and they know they have that power over the buyer. it will feedback black mail. if we do not meet every insane demand by the buyers then we are screwed. looks like i won't be wasting any more of my time leaving any sort of positive feedbacks. what's the point?
i guess this is the price ebay is making us pay for now getting free gallery pics.
Old 01-29-2008

well all i have to say on the matter is all sellers including myself must improve everything we do. not because we do a bad job but buyers demands have just doubled or tripled.
Old 01-29-2008

I can see Free Shipping as the only means to Keep Positives rolling in..?
Old 01-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

I'm about to toss my happy meal, I'm so sick to my stomach hearing about how much eBay protects their Buyers and leave the Sellers out to dry.
Old 01-29-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

The only loophole I see is, if we as sellers, get hit with negative feedback is return payment and file a did not pay claim. The new policy states sellers can't get negged if the buyer didn't pay. This is gonna be crazy...I don't understand the logic.
Old 01-29-2008

Yes, and even Amazon.com, allows the buyer + seller to exchange fb, its a 1-5 scale...
Old 01-29-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by whome View Post
The only loophole I see is, if we as sellers, get hit with negative feedback is return payment and file a did not pay claim. The new policy states sellers can't get negged if the buyer didn't pay. This is gonna be crazy...I don't understand the logic.

Sellers get in trouble for that.

Plus buyers will answer it, get nasty, then file a "not received" if they know you don't have tracking, or a "not as described" claim in ebay.

Unless there is a way to lock a buyer out of their account for 8 days it won't take feedback off and if there is a way to lock a buyer out of their account for 8 days, then I'd like to know.

There will now be lots of positives left like "buyer's check bounced, the worst kind of ebayer", "buyer paid with stolen credit card, got chargeback", and "non paying bidder left neg and dispute for item not as described--doesn't have item"

And there will be sellers with terms like "We don't accept bids from buyers who have left anyone other than positive feedback, buyers with private feedback, or with less than 20 feedback" kind of thing.
Old 01-29-2008
Threadstarter  

very good requirement. If sellers agree to blackball buyers who leave neg FB they might be less likely to act so hastily. The only problem is I can already see the email coming stating that it is "not in the spirit" of what ebay is all about.
Old 01-29-2008

You see my avatar? I put it in a couple months ago. It's all about ebay. One day ebay will fully kill itself (it's halfway there) and no one will be able to make money on it.
Old 01-29-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFacedBoy View Post
Go check your messages, this just came accross the desk:

Negative and neutral Feedback left by the buyer will be removed for transactions in which a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) or if the member is suspended.
That part is already so old. I guess Ebay had to remind sellers..
Old 01-29-2008

Three fourths of the time for me when a buyer doesn't respond they are occupied, like they were in prison for a few weeks and obviously couldn't get to the computer.

Then they come back and pay later.

Bidders that do answer either are sluggish paying and do pay or they are nasty and meant never to pay and just to neg and leave a "not received" dispute.
Old 01-30-2008

Here's another link that gives more info. Says the new feedback stuff will be in May.

Upcoming Changes to Feedback
Old 01-30-2008

i guess there is no more mutual feedback withdrawl process. that was usually the only way i could resolve problems with some of the buyers. i hope ebay will allow buyers to remove negatives after they have been left. the new policy says that a seller will have the negative removed if the buyer doesn't respond to non-paying bidder claim. i think as long as they reply to the claim, then there is nothing that can be done about the negative. they will still receive the strike though.
Old 01-30-2008

I find when I get a non payer who isn't just "sorry I am having money trouble" and nice, but really nasty, they get out of their unpaid strike almost always.

It could be just that it's their first strike.

Now with the "not received" strikes counting, non payers who bid to harass always file "not received" when they don't pay. I email ebay for months each day and ebay sends a form letter or two about me getting my fees back and then does nothing and stops answering.