been using dhgate for a month now - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Send a message via AIM to AyeDGAF Send a message via MSN to AyeDGAF
Default been using dhgate for a month now

hello guys i have been using DHGate for about a month now on my 4-5th orders.. and been making good profit. now i am wondering will i get in trouble later for ordering huge quantities of items and do i get tax plus im only 19 yrs old and never paid tax still lives with my parents :P.

can you guys tell me will i get far with doing dhgate all the time or later on they will tax me and customs will find out and blacklist my home address? and is buying like 100-200 total quantities per week from dhgate going to be a RED FLAG?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-21-2011

Longevity: 89%

what types of items are you buying?
Old 05-21-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

Ordering 100-200 VERO items is defintely a red flag, and your address can be blocked, so you'll need backup addresses, as in po boxes, ups box,etc.

I wouldn't order so many items at once, especially per week. If something happens to your account you will be stuck with the items for a long time, due to you having to create new accounts, and you just can't list tons of items at one time.

EVERYONE HAS TO PAY TAXES

The most I order is 20-50 at a time.
Old 05-21-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Do some research on paying tax in the US, their will be official sources online with precise info.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-21-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If the items you are buying are copyrighted or trademarked, you are going to run into a problem eventually. The thing is, nearly all of the trademarked and copyrighted merchandise on DHgate is counterfeit.

If you have a package seized, the rights owner will be notified and you will most likely be sued in civil court for damages.

If the total amount of the merchandise is over $5,000 then the FBI could potentially get involved and that would be a criminal matter (meaning jail). Actually, even $1 worth of counterfeit items could land you in jail, but $5,000+ is where the FBI typically starts to take an interest in you.

On the other hand, if you are just importing generic items, then you should be fine. At worst, you might get a tax bill if they open a package and figure that tax is due.
Old 05-21-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
If the items you are buying are copyrighted or trademarked, you are going to run into a problem eventually. The thing is, nearly all of the trademarked and copyrighted merchandise on DHgate is counterfeit.

If you have a package seized, the rights owner will be notified and you will most likely be sued in civil court for damages.

If the total amount of the merchandise is over $5,000 then the FBI could potentially get involved and that would be a criminal matter (meaning jail). Actually, even $1 worth of counterfeit items could land you in jail, but $5,000+ is where the FBI typically starts to take an interest in you.

On the other hand, if you are just importing generic items, then you should be fine. At worst, you might get a tax bill if they open a package and figure that tax is due.
Is it a guarantee that the trademark owner will be notified if your items are seized? I never knew this, I figured they would just take, or destroy your items, and ban your address.

By total of 5k, do you mean how much the buyer paid for the items wholesale, or do they count the replicas as the real thing, and add them up until they equal 5k?

I never knew "generic" items was a problem, I mean they are all over stores, take the Dollar Store for example.
Old 05-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Create separate buying and selling accounts
Old 05-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
Is it a guarantee that the trademark owner will be notified if your items are seized? I never knew this, I figured they would just take, or destroy your items, and ban your address.

By total of 5k, do you mean how much the buyer paid for the items wholesale, or do they count the replicas as the real thing, and add them up until they equal 5k?

I never knew "generic" items was a problem, I mean they are all over stores, take the Dollar Store for example.
Generic items are not a problem. But taxes MAY be due, depending on what the items are. Customs has explanations on their website.

It is standard procedure to notify the rights owners when an imported package of goods containing their trademarks/copyrights are seized. They are also destroyed, that is true. The third possibility is that you may post a bond and then dispute the seizure in court - something that almost never happens.

As for the dollar value, I have no idea how they make that determination.

Customs also has a list of things that may NOT be legally imported into the US. Counterfeits are just one example. Drugs would be another. Certain plants or animals are also banned.

Generic goods are usually OK. If you wanted to import 100 laser pointers, nobody is going to bother you. On the other hand, importing 100 counterfeit iPhones or 100 box sets of DVD's wouild be illegal.

That does not mean that everyone gets caught. But if you DO get caught, there are consequences. That was the point of my post.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2011
Threadstarter  

i've ordered some hats about 30-70 a week sometimes per 2 week, also some 40-60 gba games per week-2week, is this a red flag? at some point? thanks for the replies guys :D!
Old 05-21-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by icejust2 View Post
what types of items are you buying?
hats and some gba games
Old 05-21-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeDGAF View Post
hello guys i have been using DHGate for about a month now on my 4-5th orders.. and been making good profit. now i am wondering will i get in trouble later for ordering huge quantities of items and do i get tax plus im only 19 yrs old and never paid tax still lives with my parents :P.

can you guys tell me will i get far with doing dhgate all the time or later on they will tax me and customs will find out and blacklist my home address? and is buying like 100-200 total quantities per week from dhgate going to be a RED FLAG?
i order hats and some gba games,
Old 05-21-2011

not to be smartas s but,all what we sell or what we try to sell are actually illegal.

I dont think is a seller here who are selling items 100% legal,i mean items which you can sell with out be bothered by vero or copyrights owner,i can only say,We have to take all the cautions to preserve our accounts the longest we can.

That include managing the way how we order things from overseas,couple address or more with different PP to rotate the transactions per every account using each PP once in while.

And offcourse never pay with PP directly to those websites,Most of the sellers there PM you their PP email so you can send the payment and you send $$ with out description of what you buying.

If PP see you make a payment to DHG... or IOF...etc thats a allmost 100% that account will be limited.

Good luck and research and yea more research.
Old 05-22-2011
Threadstarter  

so will i get in trouble if i order 100hats, 100games, every 1-2 weeks? do customs keep track and tally my name every time i get a package from overseas? appreciate the replies ! helping me a lot!
Old 05-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazador View Post
not to be smartas s but,all what we sell or what we try to sell are actually illegal.

I dont think is a seller here who are selling items 100% legal,i mean items which you can sell with out be bothered by vero or copyrights owner,i can only say,We have to take all the cautions to preserve our accounts the longest we can.

That include managing the way how we order things from overseas,couple address or more with different PP to rotate the transactions per every account using each PP once in while.

And offcourse never pay with PP directly to those websites,Most of the sellers there PM you their PP email so you can send the payment and you send $$ with out description of what you buying.

If PP see you make a payment to DHG... or IOF...etc thats a allmost 100% that account will be limited.

Well you are a smartie! I guess you have spoken to me to find out what I sell?
Spoken to anyone else?
Sssshhh with such statements when they are inaccurate.
Generalizations are the worst of any posts. I hope & trust I will not read such rubbish again?
Old 05-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeDGAF View Post
so will i get in trouble if i order 100hats, 100games, every 1-2 weeks? do customs keep track and tally my name every time i get a package from overseas? appreciate the replies ! helping me a lot!
The items you are purchasing have the potential to do you harm.

fine the money si good. You have a responsibility to make sure that you import items that conform to the Customs requirements of the USA.

You have to make sure you pay taxes, you have to make sure you pay customs duties where levied.

More importantly, make sure you understand the business is tricky. Being 19 is not going to be an excuse if anything goes wrong.

You have been given enough answers to get the picture, yes? It's a BIG picture. Learn it now before you have trouble
Old 05-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
The items you are purchasing have the potential to do you harm.

fine the money si good. You have a responsibility to make sure that you import items that conform to the Customs requirements of the USA.

You have to make sure you pay taxes, you have to make sure you pay customs duties where levied.

More importantly, make sure you understand the business is tricky. Being 19 is not going to be an excuse if anything goes wrong.

You have been given enough answers to get the picture, yes? It's a BIG picture. Learn it now before you have trouble
thanks a lot! i realize im am no ready yet to go bigger until i know what to do about custom fees + taxes, will do more research!
Old 05-23-2011

Longevity: 88%

i always here people say that the fbi can get involved or that the vero rights will sue you but have actually seen very few cases. there was the girl in chicago i think who was an illegal immigrant and sold millions of stuff, another guy with jerseys who also sold a couple million worth and then a family doing jerseys as well but were caught cause they were selling stolen stamps from the post office. i think these companies really just write it off as a cost of doing business.
Old 05-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocrat View Post
i always here people say that the fbi can get involved or that the vero rights will sue you but have actually seen very few cases. there was the girl in chicago i think who was an illegal immigrant and sold millions of stuff, another guy with jerseys who also sold a couple million worth and then a family doing jerseys as well but were caught cause they were selling stolen stamps from the post office. i think these companies really just write it off as a cost of doing business.
Google "Johnson & Pham"

Civil lawsuits rarely make headlines. And even criminal matters usually never make it into the news. It is usually the really BIG busts that get the attention, and there are very few of those.

However, many a newbie has stumbled upon DHgate or a similar site, thinking they have found a goldmine. They either do not know or don't care that the merchandise is counterfeit. They start selling it. They are thrilled with the money. Then, a couple of wereks later, they post "HELP! Copyright Attorney Ruining My Life!!!"

And don't get me wrong, I could care less what other people sell. If you want to sell counterfeits, have at it. But don't be surprised when you get sued or arrested. It happens all the time. There is NO free lunch. The higher the rewards, the higher the risk.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Sell4more2 (05-23-2011)
Old 05-24-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Google "Johnson & Pham"

Civil lawsuits rarely make headlines. And even criminal matters usually never make it into the news. It is usually the really BIG busts that get the attention, and there are very few of those.

However, many a newbie has stumbled upon DHgate or a similar site, thinking they have found a goldmine. They either do not know or don't care that the merchandise is counterfeit. They start selling it. They are thrilled with the money. Then, a couple of wereks later, they post "HELP! Copyright Attorney Ruining My Life!!!"

And don't get me wrong, I could care less what other people sell. If you want to sell counterfeits, have at it. But don't be surprised when you get sued or arrested. It happens all the time. There is NO free lunch. The higher the rewards, the higher the risk.
i am a total newbie when i started doing it i thought it was like free money, than i started researching and saw a lot of ways of getting in trouble >:, i guess i have to slow it down or change products.
Old 05-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocrat View Post
What stone are you hidding under?

Google Microsoft.
Google Johnson & Pham.

Selling of certain goods is not a good idea because of potential consequences.

A seller must carefully, correctly AND fully research whatever goods they might be considering to sell. Making heaps of money should be at the bottom of the list. Why? Said goods may not be legal.
Old 05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazador View Post

I'm sorry - but you are being a smartarse. Everything I sell or have sold is 100% legal. I have never sold VERO or counterfeit - I've never found it necessary.

I source legitimate items, I have legitimate items made and I deal in many many items.

This forum isn't just about VERO and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ thank you very much
Old 05-27-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

^ Haha, GT ranting, cazador really didn't make sense though.

By the way GT, what is "VERO and Fa ke" ? lol
Closed Thread