Overwhelmed - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 05-19-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Unhappy Overwhelmed

I am completely new to all this. I bought the eBay Stealth thing about two months ago and I really haven't done anything with it. I have read so much different stuff on here I don't see how I am ever going to to get back on ebay again. I got suspended trying to sell sennheiser earbuds and they didn't fully explain why - I didn't know what I was doing. Now I am stuck with stuff I can't sell and I am not sure what to do. I really want to stick it to them because they just flat out suck!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-19-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Start with basic steps and go from there. Learn from any mistakes.

Have you tried anything yet?
Old 05-19-2011

Longevity: 86%

Its not so difficult to get back on ebay...whats difficult is to try to continue selling the same item without loosing your new account.

(which is why I ended up giving up on selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff.. and vero items)
Now only legit items of generic brands...

if you are hell bent on making a profit with your item...it can be done if you follow the steps on the eBay Stealth, if there is a particular section that you are stuck on..u can pm me I will see what i can do.

Otherwise, if you just quickly wanna get rid of your stuff without getting banned, at cost (or maybe a little loss) the best place to sell it at is:
www.ioffer.com
Old 05-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

I really want to stick it to them because they just flat out suck! - while true, you pick up and move on. Find your business model that works and stick with it. Asking HOW to sell something here is prob not going to get flat out answers since people who are successful are unlikely to want to help competition.

Forum here is for stealth - once you learn how to make new accounts fresh and clean then it's up to you to find out how best to move your items.
Old 05-20-2011
Threadstarter  

I have made a new user account on my computer, signed up for a new gmail account, I do have a different ebay account that I can purchase from and I bought another router yesyerday. I say the ebay account is a buying account because my wife set it up without discussing it with me and she didn't know what she was doing either but she meant well. She linked a paypal account that was from the suspended ebay account and after selling about three items they told me I would have to verify the account the next time I wanted to list something. She used her name but her mom's address. Is there anyway I can get throught the verification process online without getting the account suspended, or should I just keep it as a buying account?

I also have an address I can use for an abandoned house about a mile from here. I looked at Bank of America for an online account but every choice requires a SSN. What is the best way or type of credit card to use to link to a new Paypal account? I would like to do this in conjunction with the new email, router, computer user account abandoned house address. Then there is also the phone verification problem. They have both mine and my wife's cell #s and our home phone#.
I hqave tried iOffer but got the account suspended and then reinstated. I have tried to sell the Sennheisers by offering a "used" pair and waiting for offers and then telling them I also have new ones but no luck. I have no intention at this point of trying to sell "VERO" items. If I had realized the Sennheiser stuff would result in this I never would have even tried to sell it - but I saw so many others I thought I would give it a shot- HUGE BACKFIRE - Screw that approach. I really just want to get a completely on the level account setup, perhaps even a store because I have a small guitar repair/mod/custom build buiness and I would really like to get this rolling on ebay too.
Old 05-20-2011

I'm still new at eBay Stealth myself,and I told have the book and,I still haven't started my ebay business either,and I was suspended too,and money can be tight for me since I live on a month disablity income.
Old 05-21-2011

hi

i was making myself ill with worry a few weeks ago - but if you study the guide, and i mean study. You can't just read it - you have to learn it inside out. I find that taking notes helps (I used 2 note books and Im now on my 3rd and final draught in a hard back).

You could also make a list of queries as you go throught the book, then work through answering each one by further reading on the forum or asking questions (I have asked LOTS of silly questions).

The steps are quite simple if you break it down.
Open practice accounts - then when you get the hang of it - go all out and invest more in new accounts more to try to lift the limits. I want to open a shop straight away and invest in a DBA, but i'm not going to until I have 'practiced' stealth.

You don't need to spend a fortune to start - what have you got to lose?

But if you're selling Vero - it's going to be 100x more tricky/risky so you may have to really think about your strategy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NotAHappyBunny For This Useful Post:
catherinemcclanahan (05-22-2011), techbayelectronics (06-05-2011)
Old 05-21-2011

^ Some great advice for a stealth noob there NAHB
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
NotAHappyBunny (05-21-2011)
Old 05-21-2011

What's a DBA?

I like your style NotAHappyBunny. .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
NotAHappyBunny (05-21-2011), techbayelectronics (06-05-2011)
Old 05-21-2011

doing business as name - probably a different term here in uk.
Old 05-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAHappyBunny View Post
doing business as name - probably a different term here in uk.
T/A - trading as .....
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
NotAHappyBunny (05-21-2011)
Old 05-22-2011

Sounds like a good plan not a happy bunny I'll try that stragetry. thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to catherinemcclanahan For This Useful Post:
NotAHappyBunny (05-22-2011)
Old 05-22-2011

It stands for Doing Business As.
Old 05-22-2011

Ioffer i tried it sucks. It won't let me download my photos and this has been going for months no sense emailing to their customer service and complain it won't do you any good.
Old 05-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the advice. I will be getting to this soon. I have no interest in selling VERO items as it is way too much of a headache. Not worth it if it winds up in a suspension. I didn't even know what a VERO was, nor did I ever hear of the term until I got suspended. Moving on.
Old 06-05-2011

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCG2011 View Post
I am completely new to all this. I bought the eBay Stealth thing about two months ago and I really haven't done anything with it. I have read so much different stuff on here I don't see how I am ever going to to get back on ebay again. I got suspended trying to sell sennheiser earbuds and they didn't fully explain why - I didn't know what I was doing. Now I am stuck with stuff I can't sell and I am not sure what to do. I really want to stick it to them because they just flat out suck!
go o the market place and purchase your self a account (:
Old 06-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCG2011 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I will be getting to this soon. I have no interest in selling VERO items as it is way too much of a headache. Not worth it if it winds up in a suspension. I didn't even know what a VERO was, nor did I ever hear of the term until I got suspended. Moving on.
The term Vero is usually used when referring to counterfeit on here. It does also apply to genuien items though. It is about brands having protection over their name/product.

Their is a VERO (VErified Rights Owner) page on eBay, it is worth having a quick read even if you say you won't be selling it.