first credit card charge back, what should i do - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-26-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default first credit card charge back, what should i do

it finally happend. we had 240 dollar charge back, it was shipped to buyer a month ago, and the buyer has left positive feedback.

paypal opened dispute on payment requesting documentation, as the shipping service was normal post, not trackable number can be supplied, but we think the fact that the buyer has left a feedback is an alternative evidence that he has received the item, and we have shipped it.

today paypal took the money away saying we did not providing valid shipping document.

i am very angry at what the buyer and paypal has done. the buyer is simply scamming if he is not why didn't he reply any of our message or phone calls. we checked his activity he is still active and purchased quite a few items in recent month so it is not likely that he didn't see our message. while paypal is simply interested in close the case asap so that they don't have to spend more time on this. they also charged us 15 dollars fee saying this is the fee charged by credit card company as a result of the reverse.

i am thinking of filing a Fraud Report Form to local police office. What else can we do? thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Unfortunately, Paypal cannot assist you in this case as according to their policies, they will not help you dispute the chargeback if you don't have prove of shipment. You can contact the buyer's local police department as well as your local department regarding the issue, but I doubt they will act in a timely manner, or at all.
Old 05-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Unfortunately you will have to eat that one. All you can do is just keep emailing them and ask them to ship it back. Most wont bother to reply at all.

I have sent letter before that were very similar to what an attorney would send but you get no replies. People know how paypal works and can abuse it at will. They get a few they will get shut down but we all know on here how easy that is to get another account.

It happens and paypal mentions in their help pages that "its simply a part of business". it sucks yes but we or most of us have all had this happen. I have been on ebay for 13yrs now and I have only had 4 of them with a total of about 1k. All you can do is just go on and buy a punching bag. lol

I have also contacted the DA in the town of the buyer and they never do anything.

BUT.... one time about 2yrs ago I shipped something without tracking and wouldnt you know it, they didnt get it. a week later I get a letter from the local DA office here in KS and they said either send his money back a new package or face a $500 fine. I could not believe it, I do that to someone and NOTHING at all. This was a $16 item and I got 2 letter and several phone calls from the Assistant DA. That guy must have been a cop or something in his town and just called. who knows. it sucked though.