PayPal called today - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-27-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default PayPal called today

I was lying on my couch and cell rang; did not realize where the call came and picked it up. The lady said it was payPal! I immediately got up and quickly gathered myself! The girl verified my email first; asked me how much sale volume /month, etc. She beat around bush but finally asked whether $198 was transferred out; I told her yes I did the transfer this morning and that was it. She also asked me how fast I ship and whether I have a supplier. I asked her a few questions regarding payment hold and hse said she is not in CS and she wanted to transfer me. End of story!
I set up this real PP account a month ago without SSN and have never transferrred anything bigger than 100 and I think this $198 transfer flagged me this morning.

I still have $800 in hold in PayPal and it is being slowly released.

So to all of you out there, take it slow and try to avoid being flagged...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stealthseller For This Useful Post:
jjjia (05-28-2011), nellieou (06-01-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-27-2011

Longevity: 75%

Too much info on an open forum - suggest you ask a mod to delete
Old 05-27-2011

Longevity: 74%

i have been receiving these calls from paypal too. Seems I always miss them. Today I answered--they just wanted to verify my transfer. didnt ask the other stuff. One thing I always try to do..is wait until my previous transfer has completed before doing a new one.
Old 05-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthseller View Post
I was lying on my couch and cell rang; did not realize where the call came and picked it up. The lady said it was payPal! I immediately got up and quickly gathered myself! The girl verified my email first; asked me how much sale volume /month, etc. She beat around bush but finally asked whether $198 was transferred out; I told her yes I did the transfer this morning and that was it. She also asked me how fast I ship and whether I have a supplier. I asked her a few questions regarding payment hold and hse said she is not in CS and she wanted to transfer me. End of story!
I set up this real PP account a month ago without SSN and have never transferrred anything bigger than 100 and I think this $198 transfer flagged me this morning.

I still have $800 in hold in PayPal and it is being slowly released.

So to all of you out there, take it slow and try to avoid being flagged...
That makes no sense at all to me. I transfer hundreds of dollars per day and usually if I dont do that every 5 days or so I transfer up to $800 wit no problems. I have transferred up to 3k in one shot with nothing but smooth sailing. I dont think that is what made them check. It must have been something else.
Old 05-28-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

These are security measures PayPal carry out to just to confirm account activity, including possible future activity.
Old 05-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
These are security measures PayPal carry out to just to confirm account activity, including possible future activity.
Then if you are not doing something illegal or looking like it then you should be fine.

Paypal isnt going to block money and fees for their health, You have to be doing something fishy to where they are worried about it.

Many people on here think if they arent selling iPods then they are fine. READ ALL of ebays VERO pages and you will see what ALL is Vero and what looks bad for the normal person to sell.
Old 05-30-2011

Longevity: 76%

Yea man everytime pp calls i always just seem to miss them, i keep gettin limited and asked for docs because i just miss a call so unfair lol
thats the only thing...
i was making a purchase they called to verify it was me (i know it) and i miss the call.. 2 mins later bam email pp limited until further verification.. id, invoices, bla bla bla..
but if i do pick up and be like yes it was me who made the transaction.. smooth sailing lol
Old 05-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Paypal calls randomly indeed, i have many posts on it. I always keep the phones nearby on "transfers" day" i usually let it go 30-40 mins before i do another because paypal usually calls within the first hour after xfer.

I missed a call recently as well... Luckily it wasn't an auto limit. Back about 9 months ago late in the summer. If you missed the call, they limited you immediately.
Old 05-30-2011

Longevity: 76%

lol thats whats happening to me lol i make a purchase lets say around this time and they call the next day. I miss it.. Bam limitation lol
Old 05-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

You guys are selling somethign that is too risky or something else is wrong. that is funny to hear on my end. I have never had a call over pulling my own money out.

Do you sell vero items or are you using some oddball details or something. that is odd.

That is completely NOT normal. what are you transferring money to?? you do it all the time and every time they call you??

I can almost guarantee it something you are selling. what do you sell? I am sure you can post on here what you sell in a way that doesnt hurt anything. I sell tooling. who cares???.
Old 05-30-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

@gman, I know exactly what you mean, used to happen to me a lot and my account was always getting limited. Now I carry a mobile phone with all my registered PayPal numbers forwarded to it. The phone never leaves my pocket lol

@KingRay, No, this often has less to do with the risk of the item but also the risk of the transaction. PayPal do these random/routine checks on transactions just to verifiy that it is the PayPal account holder who is carrying the transactions out.

Many different factors can play a part in them doing this, such as noticing an potentially unusual spike in logining in or sudden increase in transactions etc.

It is completely normal. Open a few new PayPal stealth account and come back in a couple of months and see if you say the same thing.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-30-2011 at 07:06 AM.