What just happened? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 01-31-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default What just happened?

After my main account got banned, I made a new one on eBay about a week ago. I logged on for the first time today and put up a like 4 used textbooks for sale...1 hour later I get an email saying that my account has been suspended for abusing eBay.

What did I do wrong?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-31-2008

Longevity: 96%

ALSO are they teachers eds?
Old 01-31-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI, Lolpie:
Welcome!
--Well, I have received that MANY TIMES...
--It could be MANY things.. Theres many possibilities that have been shared by many of the members in here..
--One thing I've experimented with Recently...
a.) try BIDDING on an item FIRST,, pick a 7 day item,, choose Newly Listed..
b.) Then, wait a day or so-- If the accts still UP- then youre pretty much ok..
c.) Now, go in and list a GENERIC item..maybe something around the house..
a Towel, a Bar of soap, even something that has absolutley NO CHANCE in selling,, just get it posted..
d.) NOW- after 2-3 days, if its still up,, AND heres the REAL TEST (for me anyhow)-- if it gets PAST SUNDAY NIGHT..
e.) Now, if its still up Monday, start off slow.. list 1,2,3, items, NOT VERO
f.) wait a day or so-- try a few more..
>> SORRY--this is NO shortcut,,,
BUT.. These are my facts, from my many accts I have done different experiments with..
>> Although this is SLOW-- these accts STAY UP.. believe me..
Good Luck
p.s. Once you get your fb up to 10-- go ahead and be alittle more agressive--list 10 items, NOT VERO,, once at 20-- pick it up..
>> ONe member suggested this-- list 1/2 of what your fb is... I personally thought this was a very good idea..
(How some folks can upload 100,200 items/.day-- BEYOND ME..) They have a secret theyre not sharing...
Old 01-31-2008
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

^^^ Good advice, here. I'd rather have one stable account than 10 that will get suspended right away.
Old 01-31-2008

Longevity: 98%

Listen to ebayhateluv, he know's what he says! He could pretty much make up his own tutorial at this point with a bunch of stuff that isn't mentioned with the basic get your account back up method. It should probably be updated at this point.
I got past Sunday night, I started off slow, four items, two days later I added three more, than the next day two more. I'm not going to go over 9.
Just sold one item and I have two left, but I'm going to let it ride till the end and have nothing up for a few hours, then go and list three. But I'm not going to hit relist, just sell similar. I believe that relist is a death trap.. Beyond me but true.
I'm learning by doing, it's all trial and error right to the bitter end! But together we can get through this.
Just think, there may come a day where we all sit around a bar and laugh about this, remembering the days when it was a challenge to keep a seller account on ebay.
Old 01-31-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
HI, Lolpie:
Welcome!
--Well, I have received that MANY TIMES...
--It could be MANY things.. Theres many possibilities that have been shared by many of the members in here..
--One thing I've experimented with Recently...
a.) try BIDDING on an item FIRST,, pick a 7 day item,, choose Newly Listed..
b.) Then, wait a day or so-- If the accts still UP- then youre pretty much ok..
c.) Now, go in and list a GENERIC item..maybe something around the house..
a Towel, a Bar of soap, even something that has absolutley NO CHANCE in selling,, just get it posted..
d.) NOW- after 2-3 days, if its still up,, AND heres the REAL TEST (for me anyhow)-- if it gets PAST SUNDAY NIGHT..
e.) Now, if its still up Monday, start off slow.. list 1,2,3, items, NOT VERO
f.) wait a day or so-- try a few more..
>> SORRY--this is NO shortcut,,,
BUT.. These are my facts, from my many accts I have done different experiments with..
>> Although this is SLOW-- these accts STAY UP.. believe me..
Good Luck
p.s. Once you get your fb up to 10-- go ahead and be alittle more agressive--list 10 items, NOT VERO,, once at 20-- pick it up..
>> ONe member suggested this-- list 1/2 of what your fb is... I personally thought this was a very good idea..
(How some folks can upload 100,200 items/.day-- BEYOND ME..) They have a secret theyre not sharing...

That is too much work. I have made plenty of Ebay accounts and I never get booted right away.

So i would have to say that he was linked somehow..HE didnt follow the guide
Old 02-01-2008

Longevity: 98%

Yes, you have to follow the guide, agreed, but the above is what you should do to maintain the account which is just as important. There is a certain way you have to list within the first month or two that are critical to staying on for a while. Otherwise if you just create a new account then just go and list 20 items, it's guaranteed to get shut-down. Trust me, I've been going to buy gift cards for almost two years four times a month!
Old 02-01-2008
Threadstarter  

I forgot to add:

My main account (called A)
My second account (B)
This account (C)

My main A got banned. I made B using aspkin's guide and that one got perm. ban in 2 days (reason - creating another account). Fast forward 2 weeks. I made C 2 weeks ago then let it sit. I listed a few items today and got suspended for abusing eBay, I wasn't permanently suspended and my reason for being suspended was different.

This leads me to believe that C wasn't linked, but they were banned for a different reason... :(

-The books weren't educational versions...I bought them off of eBay myself
Old 02-01-2008
Banned

Did you change Ip? and did you buy any feedback.. Seems like you did since you mentioned you bought the books then sold them
Old 02-01-2008
Threadstarter  

I changed the IP address

I bought the books on account A about 6 months ago...this account has 0 feedback.
Old 02-01-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by savahaganda View Post
I have about 40 accounts. just sitting in line, when one goes down, another shall take its place
so you have been buying about 30-40 diff Gift cards at a time? or have some other secret to verify accounts?