New Ebay account but same Paypal account?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default New Ebay account but same Paypal account??

I got suspended from Ebay and now I have opened a new Ebay account in stealth mode, bu I was wondering if I can use the paypal account that I was using before and just change its email address. Can Ebay still link me to my suspended account if I do this? or do I just need a whole new Paypal account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-23-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

No you cannot, once your Ebay gets suspended, the paypal you used with it is considered linked and will get your new ebay suspended if you try to use it. You should make a brand new paypal.
Old 03-23-2009
Threadstarter  

How about using the same mailing address? would that link my account also?
Old 03-23-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Please search the forum, all of these questions have been answered many times.

Yes, using the same mailing address will link your accounts. You may get away with or for a little while but you will get linked if you use the same mailing address.
Old 03-23-2009

Longevity: 91%

Everything has to bi different, but match your Ebay ID info.
Old 03-23-2009
Threadstarter  

can I use a name that is very similar to the same ebay user ID that got suspended?
Old 03-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Not really. It is recommended that you have a fresh name. After all you are a new person on ebay.

Instead of doing 64 questions, take time to read the forum more: your info is there.
Old 03-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

yes u can use a similar name, but not recommended.. You really have to do some searching, all your questions you have asked have been answered many times

Last edited by yaw1800; 03-23-2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-28-2011

Longevity: 76%

Hi all,

Sorry to drag this one up from the past but I thought it better than starting a new thread asking exactly the same thing! New to the site, have bought and read the guide, browsed the forums etc, etc, and have a question to ask. I know this sounds like a "no brainer", hence why I am asking it here. Out with a firend of mine the other day I recounted my ebay disaster to her (like so many people on here, have been selling for nearly ten years, thousands of feedback, 99.8%, then all of a sudden out of the blue one day the flaming dsr's got me suspended for good, all my auctions taken down, etc, etc). speaking to her, and she said she had the same thing happen to her.
me: "when was this?"
her: "back in february..... i'm back on now".
me: "how?... aspkin?"
her: "who? no.... I just started a new ebay account."
me: "and paypal, right?"
her: "no... i kept the same paypal account."
i stared at her incredulously and explained that there's no way that would be possible due to all the linking blah, blah, blah. she insisted, for the second time, that she had simply started a new ebay account for selling, and kept her old paypal one- with totally same details- to this new account.
i.e. all sale money she makes comes through to this same payupal address linked to the suspended seller account.
Literally with my mouth open, I later asked her for a third, final time, being exceptionally sure to clarify what she was saying, and she confirmed yet again that she had done exactly what she said.
I don't get it... how on earth could she have done this, successfully?
Old 05-28-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonda View Post
Hi all,

Sorry to drag this one up from the past but I thought it better than starting a new thread asking exactly the same thing! New to the site, have bought and read the guide, browsed the forums etc, etc, and have a question to ask. I know this sounds like a "no brainer", hence why I am asking it here. Out with a firend of mine the other day I recounted my ebay disaster to her (like so many people on here, have been selling for nearly ten years, thousands of feedback, 99.8%, then all of a sudden out of the blue one day the flaming dsr's got me suspended for good, all my auctions taken down, etc, etc). speaking to her, and she said she had the same thing happen to her.
me: "when was this?"
her: "back in february..... i'm back on now".
me: "how?... aspkin?"
her: "who? no.... I just started a new ebay account."
me: "and paypal, right?"
her: "no... i kept the same paypal account."
i stared at her incredulously and explained that there's no way that would be possible due to all the linking blah, blah, blah. she insisted, for the second time, that she had simply started a new ebay account for selling, and kept her old paypal one- with totally same details- to this new account.
i.e. all sale money she makes comes through to this same payupal address linked to the suspended seller account.
Literally with my mouth open, I later asked her for a third, final time, being exceptionally sure to clarify what she was saying, and she confirmed yet again that she had done exactly what she said.
I don't get it... how on earth could she have done this, successfully?
No, if that's the case we might as well pack in coming to this forum. The fundamental of stealth is that everything has to be new, I've been trying to get it right for over 3 years and it was only when I found this place I realised what I do wrong and - frankly - I don't see how that can be
Old 05-28-2011

"No, if that's the case we might as well pack in coming to this forum"
Ha- exactly- that's literally what I thought and said to her: "mate, that is simply not possible. If that was the case, everyone would be doing that, i.e. a suspension would mean nothing and be pointless."

The question still remains then how, how, how on earth, she has managed to do this.
As I said, I was speechless- literally lost for words- hence asking not once, not twice, but three times to re-iterate exactly what she meant. And three times she confirmed the same thing. Hmmm. Will try find out more.
Old 05-29-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Many people including myself have opened further real accounts after getting suspeneded. This was what I used to do before stealth.

I still usually got an average of a few months out of the real accounts (selling), but they ALL eventually got linked and suspended.
Old 05-29-2011

But if you were getting a few months out of them and new accounts are only lasting 2 or 3 months then ........???????
Old 05-29-2011

^ Don't know what you are saying GT....?????
Old 05-29-2011

You're getting more out of non-stealth accounts than some people are getting out of stealth
Old 05-29-2011

^ Nah don't think that is the case. Only the people who make mistakes or are unlucky are not lasting longer that 3 months in stealth. Or selling fa kes etc.
Old 07-10-2011

Thanks for your replies- saw her the other week, and as expected, there was more to it! Won't bore everyone with the specifics, but basically she was able to do it because she was actually ok'd by ebay to do so (?! nope, me neither!) from what I gather, unlike myself due to DSR's, her selling was suspended due to a couple too many bad feedbacks. These were left by dodgy members, she showed/proved it, so was ok'd to start a new account under a new username, but still using same paypal details as with the old account.
Closed Thread