Ive Been Scammed? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-03-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Ive Been Scammed?

My paypal was limited so I asked some buyers to mail me check if I do the refund (They already got item) They said O'yea, sure...so I sent them the refunds & now they wont reply

Is there anything I can do?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-03-2011

Longevity: 75%

wait... let me understand this...

You're a seller and your paypal was limited and you had to refund consumers so you sent them checks? Was it a stealth account? Even while limited you can still give a buyer a refund if im correct..
Old 06-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fired View Post
My paypal was limited so I asked some buyers to mail me check if I do the refund (They already got item) They said O'yea, sure...so I sent them the refunds & now they wont reply

I Hope that the amount of money your are talking about is NOT Too Much,,Because there NOTHING You can do (unless it is a Large amount of money then you Might be able to get Law Enforcement involved.)

I am Assumming that that you did not have enough money to cover the refunds thru your Paypal account,,You could always add Funds to a Limited Paypal account and also do Refunds in a Limited Paypal account,,Keed that in Mind in the Future,,,

Also Avoid Long Periods in Direct Sunlight it has been known to affect The Thought Process,,,
Old 06-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

IF its a large amount just put a stop payment on it. I had a payment from someone do this 3 months after the payment cleared. The bank just pulled it out and gave me a overdrawn account. I had 14 checks bounce and fees to go with all of them over this one check causing me to go overdrawn.

I was always under the impression you only had a week or so to do this but apparently not at some banks.

Try this ,it might cost 30 bucks or so for each but if its a big amount of money you can still cut your losses.
Old 06-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
,You could always add Funds to a Limited Paypal account and also do Refunds in a Limited Paypal account
That is not entirely true. I have had a limited paypal account with positve balance but there was simply no refund button on any of the transactions, even though they were less than 60 days.
Never tried to call in and ask them to do a refund, though.
Old 06-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

how much money are we talking about here? $10.00-$20.00, I wouldn't worry about it. $20.00 to........... then I'd have a problem. If its alot of money, you have the address, I would make up some phoney attorney stationary, and send a certified letter stating that If the money is not returned, you will be filing a civil suit demanding repayment.
Old 06-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by besttimedeals View Post
That is not entirely true. I have had a limited paypal account with positve balance but there was simply no refund button on any of the transactions, even though they were less than 60 days.
Never tried to call in and ask them to do a refund, though.
That is How you do it,,You have to call Paypal,,They will do the Refunds for you,,
Old 06-04-2011

Longevity: 84%

I think the OP said he already issued refunds and asked the buyers to send a check so he could have access to his cash and not have it tied up in paypal for 6 months. But looks like he messed up and sent the refunds first before recieving the check which is why the buyers aren't responding, they're happy with their free merchandise. I doubt if there's anything you can do since it sounds like it was just an oral agreement over the internet.
Old 06-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

^ Ahh yes I think you are right!

Bad move by the OP for sure.
Old 06-04-2011

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbluntz View Post
I think the OP said he already issued refunds and asked the buyers to send a check so he could have access to his cash and not have it tied up in paypal for 6 months. But looks like he messed up and sent the refunds first before recieving the check which is why the buyers aren't responding, they're happy with their free merchandise. I doubt if there's anything you can do since it sounds like it was just an oral agreement over the internet.
theres NOTHING he can do. he went and sent them a refund.
Old 06-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

I'm sorry for saying this OP, but this is your own fault for coming up with such senseless idea
Old 06-04-2011

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Many people have done it, not a bad idea if you need the money desperately and cant wait 6 months.

Like the OP found out, you will very rarely get ALL of your money back by using this method.
Old 06-04-2011

Longevity: 83%

Quote:

LOL, I always get a good laugh reading the titles people come up with when they post their tales of woe here.

The title innocently asking" Have I been scammed ?" Should really say something like "I'm trying to break all the rules I can on E-Bay, but failed miserably"

Your plan shows good attitude and looks like your were so excited with the concept, you really didn't think it through all the way.

It looks like you got the first part right. You had a account going long enuf you were able to sell some widgets and got paid for them.You got the account limited, which is usually for selling phoney stuff or having phoney info or both. So you got that part covered.

The idea of trying to get customers to send you checks, so you can circumvent the limitation is where the plan really falls apart ,and sounds more like wishful thinking, You don't seem to realize that E-Bay tries to brainwash the masses on the virtues and safety of PP and how dangerous it is to send checks to the evil sellers.

I have no idea how you could pull off getting the buyers to agree to send you checks. And that's where this tale sounds more like a fantasy than reality.

What exactly did you say to the customers to get them to agree to send you checks, after they already paid you with PP ,which gives them all sorts of ways to dispute payments with sellers. It sounds more like all the buyers just filed disputes with PP, after they heard your idea,

So the way I see it, this whole story is just you trying to scam E-Bay, PP, the buyers, and the people that read the post here. Or some combination of the above.

P.S If I spell phoney correctly I get ****

God D** M**** F***** ******

Last edited by Road-Kill; 06-04-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
My Bad,,you are Correct I Mis read the Post,,Too Much Coffee,,,
Old 06-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Wow thanks Guys for all your supoort

when my account was limited I refunded the buyers & asked them to mail me checks but I already shipped the items

It was just few hundred but now that im broke, i can use that
Old 06-05-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Exactly
so i should let it go
Old 06-05-2011

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Wow thanks Guys for all your supoort

when my account was limited I refunded the buyers & asked them to mail me checks but I already shipped the items

It was just few hundred but now that im broke, i can use that
I bet you can, you should of sent them an invoice from another paypal, I've done that before but works better if you haven't shipped yet.