Need some advice- family member wants to sell on ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default Need some advice- family member wants to sell on ebay

OK, so I just signed up for Ebay and got the identity verification. Called, answered the questions but they still want a drivers license. Annoying. But i have a different question...

My mom wants to sell on ebay, but she thinks her account is going to get shut down because I have been suspended like 3 years ago. Her account is pre-11/07 and I am pretty sure she has a paypal that has been up and running for a while now. My question is if she uses the same address as my old account will they still link them? Even if they do and ask for more information, she will have all the required documents to prove that it is her.. so will it matter?

I was thinking to change the IP and she will be using a different computer. Any advice would be great!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
she uses the same address as my old account will they still link them
Yes.

Quote:
Even if they do and ask for more information, she will have all the required documents to prove that it is her.. so will it matter?
Based on what I have seen with eb and pp, once they link you they will likely say no to both accounts. They do NOT like risky business.

That being said, changing IP, using diff computer and ALL NEW FRESH INFO is a good route to going stealth. The guide is also excellent if you are unsure about stuff AND/OR reading through the forums.

All the best.
Old 06-06-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%

maybe...maybe not.

It may depend on a few factors - is yr mum selling similar items, are you using the same pc etc.
As I understand it - you are definately linked & depending on how much eb view you as a risk your mum has a high possibility of being suspended due to linking.
However, they may leave your mum alone - many factors are involved.
I know for a fact that it may not result in suspension - but you must bear in mind that my knowledge/history is limited, it's early days for me.
To be honest everyday I check with the thought "any day now" and I wil not be surprised if it happens.

Try to minimise linking further - seperate user accounts or pc's. Don't share IP's, be careful with what is listed and how. Try to differenticate every aspect from here on in and you may be lucky...maybe :Wink:
Closed Thread