suspended again....! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-03-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default suspended again....!

Well I spoke to soon, it's Sunday morning and a lovely thing to wake up to. This one has been up since last Friday, so I got exactly 8 days out of it. I just don't understand why it doesn't stay up for longer than that! I'm ready to buy a new computer at this point!
Maybe I'll try it on my laptop which is picking up other signals in my area, not connected at all with my modem.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fabricator View Post
Well I spoke to soon, it's Sunday morning and a lovely thing to wake up to. This one has been up since last Friday, so I got exactly 8 days out of it. I just don't understand why it doesn't stay up for longer than that! I'm ready to buy a new computer at this point!
Maybe I'll try it on my laptop which is picking up other signals in my area, not connected at all with my modem.
:( That is bad news. Have you kept track of what you are doing? Can you think of anything that would cause this? What was the last action on the account?
There has to be something you are repeating that is wrong and causes the suspension. Dude, I thought of something. You are using a MAC? Well there is a post somewhere that the IP does not work
with Mac like it does with other PCs. Maybe?
Old 02-03-2008
Threadstarter  

I'm keeping the listings low, I only had about 6 up, It seems that when I sell something that may cause it? I dunno.
I do have a mac, what I do is I go into network and I manually change the IP, You can do this by simply putting a number between 1 and 10 in the client ID space, then hit apply. This completely changes the IP in 3 seconds.
So I don't know, it's off to the Stop and Shop for another gift card!
Old 02-03-2008

Longevity: 94%

Were you using the same paypal email address to receive payments?
Old 02-03-2008
Threadstarter  

No, I never link my Paypal with ebay. I just use the credit card to pay my fees.
Old 02-03-2008

Did you wait a couple weeks before you started listing? Are they linking you or are you getting 'abusing ebay'?
Old 02-03-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI, GUYS-- pls read the post on new EBAY Logarithms....2/3/2008
Old 02-03-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fabricator View Post
No, I never link my Paypal with ebay. I just use the credit card to pay my fees.
using a previous card which was used on a suspended ebay account is a KILLER.. NEVER DO IT.. the easiest alternative to pay your ebay fees is click on one time paypal fees.. once you are taken to paypal dont login to your paypal ... just pay without having to register .. use a credit/debit card which is not linked or used in your paypal account.. this way is the safest.. no problem watsoever..

if you will pay fees using internal ebay credit card method.. its a TRAP
Old 02-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
HI, GUYS-- pls read the post on new EBAY Logarithms....2/3/2008
Read that thread: it makes sense as it outlines factors that are causing grief.
I also think you have to, have to keep a record of exactly what you do.
Know everything from IP, to time of day, what day, what was listed etc. Ya'll
can't post I was suspended if you do not know what you did.
Old 02-03-2008
Threadstarter  

I am doing everything I have to do to create a new identity. The only thing I use the old card for from the previous account is to buy a new one, so I'm essentially just paying the $3.95 for the $25 card.
I just keep getting blocked every 7 to 8 days. Any ideas? I am just asking for it to last a month so that when someone bids they can go through with their payment without getting an email from ebay saying not to buy from this seller because the account was suspended.
Old 02-03-2008
Threadstarter  

There isn't anything that has been overlooked; it's beyond going through the forum, I've memorized what has to be done at this point. This is unexplainable, the only thing I can think of is that I am using a MAC where the majority of the people here seem to be talking PC. Weather my G4 has something that ebay is recognizing I don't know. I'll be upgrading my computer soon to the new Imac so maybe that could be a good thing for ebay as well.
I just don't understand why changing the IP and all the other necessary info isn't enough. It's just beyond me.
Old 02-03-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI- Modee is a MAC man...
(My kids showed me a Mac thats thin like the RAZr phone)-- is it true $5,000??
Old 02-03-2008

i lost a couple of accounts last week so im now going to read alot more instead of rushing with this. i am desperate for new accounts but sometimes you rush and miss one little thing and thats you. Although i dont know what ive missed im sure im the only person who will be able help. Ill look through everything come to a conclusion then try again. good luck
Old 02-03-2008

So far I think I've followed instructions. My problem is impatience. In the last 4 days I've opened 10 accounts. On the second day I made one a seller account and listed 3 items 1 1/2 hours apart. I listed another item today via auctiva. I logged on once today to check everything, I felt a real newbie would have logged on several times by now. So far so good. Hopefully this account will last till the others get thru the 30 day mark. I have used 3 of the other accounts to place bids, another few are watching items, etc....
Old 02-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Watch out for impatience. That will trip you up quickly. Also if you if
you think you've followed instructions that too might cause problems. From
all the threads I have been reading you have to go slowly [and then enjoy your
ebay victory.] Ya can't easily throw away 10 accounts without losing money.
A few accounts as listed by the many experts here and that should work.
Old 02-03-2008

At this point it's sorta fun.... like cat and mouse only finally I'm the CAT! LOL I have no money invested in any account except for the $1 I lost on my Walmart debit card to create a seller account. If it lasts a month I now have a matching bank account & routing number for only an $8 investment!! With 4 kids there's no doubt where I can use the balance on the card. LMAO!

But seriously....how important is it to act like a newbie in the beginning???? I mean other than listing a few low $ items (christmas gift from '95, chipped china plate, etc). I took pics on my kitchen table instead of my light box, made my description ramble instead of listing the facts. Used a flashy template that doesn't match my expertise or description....etc.

Is it a big deal to log back into the account and search, etc.... I decided when I made my spread sheet what this user's interests are and have made sure the 2 times I logged in to search on specific (unknown to the uniformed) highly desired items in that category.

In the long term, I've created two accounts that will pass ccv with matching numbers. After I've made sure there's no linkage I will verify them with real bank accounts. Until then I'm content with multiple accounts with PP limits. Especially after knowing about the walgreen's gift cards!!!! They're right around the corner. I have realized I can't complain about $5-10 in fees for money I CAN'T MAKE any other way!!!
Old 02-03-2008
Threadstarter  

Well I agree, you can't assume that ebay assumes that every new user is going to be computer retarded and take forever to list some items; I mean it's pretty user-friendly at this point, don't you think?
So I just take it easy with the listings, that's it. the first day I list two, than a few hours later another one. Tomorrow maybe I'll list two more, etc, etc....
You can go crazy buying pre-paid phones, online bank accounts, new hard drives and STILL loose the account two weeks later.
I have it down to a basic system which does work, if it didn't work it would be taken down an hour or two later. If it lasts a week than the registering end of it works, it's something else that is tripping this whole thing up. Maybe they are recognizing gift cards now?