MC063 seller performance below standard and banned 98.9% feedback help ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default MC063 seller performance below standard and banned 98.9% feedback help ?

Hello I have recently been removed from selling items on eBay because apparently my DSR was not high enough, over the past year some items were lost in the post or late due to heavy snow , each time I kept in good contact with my bidders and refunded them ect but you still get some idiots who leave you bad ratings for no good reason.

I have now been indefinitely removed from selling on eBay, I have been a member for over 10 years and have a feedback score of over 10200 with 98.9% overall positives.

here is a screen shot of my feedback page

Uploaded with ImageShack.usCan anyone please tell me how I can appeal this and get my account back up and running fully, I have been a member for a long time spent thousands on eBay listing fee's ect and this is my only income I live off :(

thanks for your time reading this
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisgcox3 For This Useful Post:
fawwaz221 (11-24-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-09-2011

Longevity: 75%

Oh dear - I wish I had a pound for every story I have read on the forums like yours. The dreaded DSR will get you every time. Have you contacted EB at all and discussed it with them? While you know the reasons for the low ratings they don't
Old 06-09-2011
Threadstarter  

Hi there, yes ive tried talking with them they just copy and paste the same robotic answers each time :( ive not tried phoning them yet. Is there anything i can do to appeal it ?

I dont have a big income and selling a few nice items on ebay each week helped pay the bills ect, im an honest person ive never done anything wrong on ebay over 10 years. I had listed around 40 items over the weekend all have now been removed and all the hard working taking pictures and listing them :S for nothing

the low dsr's are for communication even tho i always reply to every email and help any buyer with any problems. I dont think its fair ive been banned indefinatly for this with no appeal or any information from them on how to get back up and running.

Last edited by chrisgcox3; 06-09-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 06-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

You have talked to live chat already? This happened for an account of mine but I got banned due to increased negatives. I spoke to live chat and was reinstated after 7-10 days when more feedback positive came in.
Old 06-09-2011
Threadstarter  

I tried with live chat i keep getting this person called retenta and they copy and paste the same things every time , then rudley cut you off from the chat
Old 06-09-2011
Threadstarter  

my detailed seller rating over 12 months out of thousands of sales
Your average/5-------------Low ratings (1s and 2s)
Item as described 4.81 1.20% (24)
Communication 4.78 1.15% (23)
Dispatch time 4.71 1.70% (34)
P&p charges 4.83 0.50% (10)
Old 06-09-2011

Pretty poor ratings as far as EB are concerned. Most of us are trying for 4.95 and above across the board.

I don't know about the long term if they will let you back on or if you will need stealth. Whichever it is you need to address the issue of your ratings. Sorry to say it OP but in this day and age they are simply not good enough to survive.

Maybe time to look at your business plan and start again. But you certainly do not want to be going again on the same basis as you have.
Old 06-09-2011
Threadstarter  

Those ratings are unfair, i post my items the same day as payment 1st class and always am in good contact with my bidders my business plan is near flawless for a small business seller.

however i sell many thousands of items a year, and 20 people leave low ratings due to stuff going missing in the post or late because of bad weather its not my fault, and i refunded or replaced these people in every case.

I dont see why i should be banned forever for such a small reason overall when you look at my account and im almost 5 star on eachSection. Has anyone any advise or know how i can take legal action against ebay or the bidders who unfairly ruined my rating?

Last edited by chrisgcox3; 06-09-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-09-2011

I'm on your side hon - EB have no emotion, they work only on the figures - if the figures are bad your account will be toast. It doesn't matter how unfair it is, it doesn't matter that there is often no logic to it and it doesn't matter what the reason is. If the ratings are no good you are toast.

This is the new reality since the introduction of these ratings. I cannot get rid of them so I learn to live with them - and so must you - now - onto business - how can we help get you up and running again?
Old 06-09-2011

Your problem has nothing to do with shipping. Yes, those numbers are bad but it's your horrible descriptions that got you banned. For your account to have the "standard" rating, you can only have 1% or 3 maybe 5 low DSR's in the Item as Described category.

Also, you're really only 97% positive in the last 12 months with 1285 feedbacks. eB is being kind not to include your neutrals in the calculation.

Then there's the issue of calling ppl paying for your lifestyle idiots...Lots to work on.
Old 06-09-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Ohhhh this DSR sh*t! Seriously flawed.

Anyway, sorry for what has happend to you chrisgcox3, phone eBay and get some 'real' answers.
Old 06-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Its unfair for sure but those are bad DSR's for sure. I have about half you numbers when it comes to feedback and my DSR's are less than 2 in all categories (1's and 2's that is)

I put this in EVERY package and saw improvement from day one:

Thank you so much for your business. I hope I shipped this item to you in a manner that is consistent with your needs.
Please take the time to leave me positive feedback along with 5 star seller ratings in all categories. Any less than perfect and eBay will frown upon it which will directly affect my seller status. eBay's new rules are very strict with sellers these days. If I have performed any less than perfect, please contact me before leaving feedback. Thanks

I have even had sellers send me emails telling me that is something they will start using.

I think I even got it on here somewhere from another user too.

You cant say its just bad buyers, There are people with waaaay larger feedback numbers and have nearly all 5 stars in the DSR categories. They are doing it so you can to.
Old 06-09-2011

Longevity: 74%

Wow, those are some really awful DSRs. You would need to sell several thousand items with perfect feedbacks to recover from that. From your track record, I don't think that's possible. I would just try going stealth.
Old 06-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Yes they are bad. Just like I can say in pretty much every post on here for people saying they are getting limited.

Straighten up !!!!!

You have to get these packages out fast, talk to customers, offer free shipping, and do what you have to do to please the customer. you have to eat a package now and then who cares, you have to keep dsrs up or else.

DSR's should be your #1 focus 100% of the time.

That is the root of all this crap we are all dealing with.
Old 06-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post

I put this in EVERY package and saw improvement from day one:

Thank you so much for your business. I hope I shipped this item to you in a manner that is consistent with your needs.
Please take the time to leave me positive feedback along with 5 star seller ratings in all categories. Any less than perfect and eBay will frown upon it which will directly affect my seller status. eBay's new rules are very strict with sellers these days. If I have performed any less than perfect, please contact me before leaving feedback. Thanks

I like that Kingray - I will start using that from today
Old 06-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Hi everyone,

I called some of them idois because they tried to blackmail me leaving bad feedback even tho the item had arrived to get money back as well as keep the item i had about 6 or 7 people do this to me, i contacted ebay for help and what a suprise got none.
And items that were damaged in the post again not my fault as i pack all my items up very secure and send by royal mail, and the buyer leaves bad ratings with out even contacting me first :S and then refuses to revise the feedback .

I would also like to point out i send my items the same day as the buyer pays, i always include a note similar to yours Kingray. And any problems i always help the buyer as much as possible.

I just dont know what to do, the items i sell i will loose all my many thousands of returning customers each year, and theres no way to make a similar username without ebay eventually working it out.
Any thing else i could try or should i just give up :( ?
Old 06-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgcox3 View Post
Hi everyone,

I called some of them idois because they tried to blackmail me leaving bad feedback even tho the item had arrived to get money back as well as keep the item i had about 6 or 7 people do this to me, i contacted ebay for help and what a suprise got none.
And items that were damaged in the post again not my fault as i pack all my items up very secure and send by royal mail, and the buyer leaves bad ratings with out even contacting me first :S and then refuses to revise the feedback .

I would also like to point out i send my items the same day as the buyer pays, i always include a note similar to yours Kingray. And any problems i always help the buyer as much as possible.

I just dont know what to do, the items i sell i will loose all my many thousands of returning customers each year, and theres no way to make a similar username without ebay eventually working it out.
Hmmm - I hear what you say - it's not your fault - OK - why do you think your customers are trying to blackmail you? Why do you think your packages get damaged in the Royal Mail?

You see, One of the things I sell is hatching eggs, eggs that people put in incubators, I send out many parcels every month by Royal Mail and I have never had an egg damaged. Not one

I have never had a customer try to blackmail me either.

What do you think it is that causes you to have these problems?

If you can identify that you are half way there to solving your problem
Old 06-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I am surprised, if i keep it above 4.6 they say nothing
Old 06-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgcox3 View Post
Hi everyone,

Dont give up. We'll lick you into shape.

Did you by chance NOT read the post by the user stilltopseller?

Want a repeat? Well it's being repeated any way.

Yes, buyers are strange. They pay for us to keep selling. Now, in your few post your distaste towards them oozes all over the thread.

I am not saying you can not be unhappy with them. But if you are giving them the serve you describe here, you, yourself, you are a part of the problem too.

Customer is always right and when the customer is wrong, the naffin' customer is always right. Stop making it personal. Re-train yourself. Shove the attitude where ebay/paypal are....
Realize you need to re-do your selling methods.
What would be idiotic is to let them win
Old 06-10-2011

OK, one last time. Yes, your shipping sucks. Your description is even worse. You got banned because you can't describe your items properly. You'll continue to get banned because you can't read and learn from your metrics.
Old 06-11-2011
Threadstarter  

Hello I appreciate the advise everyone, But I would like to point out im a honest seller I always describe my items in a detailed way and am honest about the condition.
I was always friendly and helpful to anyone who had a problem. I received most of the low dsr around the time of the big snow delay ( I emailed every bidder at this time and explained there will be delays ect) and I still got people complaining and left me bad feedbacks which is totally unfair :(
I am always friendly with my buyers i was talking about the ones who left me bacd feedback and even tried to blackmail me with bad feedback when the item had arrived to them.
Basically a good 10 year account has been unfairly banned because of things out of my control:(

as for saying my shipping sucks, I will tell you this I pack up professionally and post my items the same day, The postage cost is usually £1.30 I charge £2 postage to cover the cost of a jiffy bag ect.
Old 06-11-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

^ I agree, I always seen you as an honest eBay seller trying their best.

Ignore them kind of remarks. Worthless. Pointless.

Just take onboard any relevant constructive critisicm and advice.

We are all in the same boat, we know how it is!
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadyOne For This Useful Post:
GTB (06-11-2011)
Closed Thread