which items get held the most? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 06-10-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default which items get held the most?

Being a total noob when it comes to wholesale, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on which items (categories) get held in customs most often.

For example, a box of 20 dvds vs a box of 100?

Old 06-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

That's only part of the scenario.

Many other factors.

Many.

Quickie:box of 20 dvds coming in from flagged seller will be held faster than the box of 100.

Total noob is not an excuse to be enabled to flog foo-foos.

I'll leave to to ponder
Old 06-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Trial and error - anything and everything can get scrutinized but part of it is luck of the draw. Doubt any particular sure fire way and, even if so, you can figure no one would divulge that kind of gold mine...unless a PM to me directly is always appreciated since i like to learn ha =)
Old 06-10-2011

Longevity: 78%

never had anything confiscated, multiple packages received (~20). The ones that I did have held were 2 of the first 3 I ever received. After that I've only had 2 held. One was because everything was written in chinese and you couldn;t even read the customs form (never ordered from that seller again). The the other time I am sure was just a random package pickup (I had 5 arrive in just over 1 week). All of em made it through in a couple hours and all of them were complete foofoo. I am also lucky enough to be on the east coast. Now my story is extremely lucky compared to most, but I also ship to a legitimate businuess address, which I think helps immensely. and considering the business has to do with sales, promo cds/dvds are probably pretty common. To ensure the safest delivery option, plan it out. Use any resources you can. If you have a day job, ask you boss if you can get packages shipped there because they have to be signed for when they arrive and its hard for you to get to the post office before it closes. Just a few ideas. Use your noggin and results will follow.

I in no way am trying to promote the sales of foo foo items. But as I know personally, its what draws a lot of people into the business before they figure out something they can make a career out of
The Following User Says Thank You to Axcend For This Useful Post:
Gman91189 (07-01-2011)
Old 06-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axcend View Post
never had anything confiscated, multiple packages received (~20). The ones that I did have held were 2 of the first 3 I ever received. After that I've only had 2 held. One was because everything was written in chinese and you couldn;t even read the customs form (never ordered from that seller again). The the other time I am sure was just a random package pickup (I had 5 arrive in just over 1 week). All of em made it through in a couple hours and all of them were complete foofoo. I am also lucky enough to be on the east coast. Now my story is extremely lucky compared to most, but I also ship to a legitimate businuess address, which I think helps immensely. and considering the business has to do with sales, promo cds/dvds are probably pretty common. To ensure the safest delivery option, plan it out. Use any resources you can. If you have a day job, ask you boss if you can get packages shipped there because they have to be signed for when they arrive and its hard for you to get to the post office before it closes. Just a few ideas. Use your noggin and results will follow.

I in no way am trying to promote the sales of foo foo items. But as I know personally, its what draws a lot of people into the business before they figure out something they can make a career out of
hey im on the east coast too! do shipments arrive on our side from china? lol
Old 06-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

There are three main ways that packages are seized.

You supplier gets flagged.
Your package is selected for inspection at random.
Your package lands in customs duiring a crackdown.

If any of these things happen, and your package contains anything illegal, it will be seized. The bottom line is that there is NO risk-free way to import such items. I don't care what anybody says.

You deal in foo-foo's, you might make extra profits. But extra profits means extra risk. That is simply business 101. And seizures are only a part of that risk. You could end up being sued by the brand owner of whatever you are trying to sell. But if you work really hard and sell a lot of them, you might become eligible to win an all expenses paid vacation to Club-Fed.
Old 06-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
There are three main ways that packages are seized.

You supplier gets flagged.
Your package is selected for inspection at random.
Your package lands in customs duiring a crackdown.

If any of these things happen, and your package contains anything illegal, it will be seized. The bottom line is that there is NO risk-free way to import such items. I don't care what anybody says.

You deal in foo-foo's, you might make extra profits. But extra profits means extra risk. That is simply business 101. And seizures are only a part of that risk. You could end up being sued by the brand owner of whatever you are trying to sell. But if you work really hard and sell a lot of them, you might become eligible to win an all expenses paid vacation to Club-Fed.
Besides 3 ways mentioned,there is 1 more ,when your address is in custom blacklist
Old 07-01-2011

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axcend View Post

Been dealing with China 6 years. Never had a problem. lucky..

Packages getting seize has really 3 major factors that contribute.

1 Sellers - if they know what they are doing then you should be alright, minor mistakes will get your package flagged.
2 Goods - branded goods are more likely to be seized - obviously
3 Shipping company used to import goods.

Some are more lenient than others.