HELP! Need advice on staying back on. Same items? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-11-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default HELP! Need advice on staying back on. Same items?

Hello. I think I have all the steps needed to not get caught again but I have a question. I sell items that NOBODY else on Ebay has. They are custom arts & crafts type of stuff. Even if my computer, IP address, banking info, and all other systemic and identification info is different and what is recommended here, can/will Ebay still shut me down if they recognize my items? THOUGHTS?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-11-2011

Send a message via Yahoo to brog1330

No items alone wont get you busted the only way they can link you is wit personal info i think correct me if i'm wrong other people will chime in soon too
Old 06-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygilmore View Post
Hello. I think I have all the steps needed to not get caught again but I have a question. I sell items that NOBODY else on Ebay has. They are custom arts & crafts type of stuff. Even if my computer, IP address, banking info, and all other systemic and identification info is different and what is recommended here, can/will Ebay still shut me down if they recognize my items? THOUGHTS?
Put a color border around your photos or do a color background. change up the photos. Ebay has no idea that you are the only one out there that makes these.

I am in the same boat with a niche I deal with. I just put a color border on them and changed the way I shoot my photos. I used to angle everything to fit in the frame, now I take straight photos.

some of my competitors us a dayglo green background on their photos and they all look great. plus they stand out.
Old 06-12-2011

Longevity: 75%

Pictures and listings can get you connected. It can be very easy to find some stealthers who use multiple accounts, particularly on niche items. I would suggest new pictures, new wording and possible new P&P - it can't hurt you to do that even if it is a pain
Old 06-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
You make themself?

If so, why did you get shut down?

imo, high possibility of a link.

May I have a bit more info
Old 06-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

HAPPY! /endquote.

Once you understand stealth, yes you change up your photos a bit and listing style.

All the best - welcome to the forums.
Old 06-12-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Agreed, learnt stealth as much as you can.

As mentioned, change up your listings style from the one used on your suspended account.

Welcome and gooood luck!
Old 06-12-2011

Quote:
The more you change the more stealth-like you account is. The less you change the easier it is to link.

Sometimes it's just best to take E-Bay on directly. You could have a attorney write E-Bays legal department. There are attorney that do just this. Of course E-Bay's attorney's will need to think the letter is real and not a bluff. So you might have to take it to the next step too.

LegalSolutionLetters.com :: Sometimes a well written letter from a real attorney can be the solution to your legal issues....let the professionals at LSL handle your legal matters today!

If a bunch of people read this post and did hire this attorney, they would figure it might be a bluff. So find your own attorney that will do this. If you only have your own items to sell, this might be the best route.

Last edited by Road-Kill; 06-12-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-12-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
You make themself?

If so, why did you get shut down?

imo, high possibility of a link.

May I have a bit more info
I got shut down because I got VERO'd for one of the few items I sold that was not mine. It was a piece of entertainment memorabilia that a company stated was part of their intellectual property and not official.

My unique items were not the problem. It was the 3rd party item I was selling that I owned and decide to sell that was. I did not know it was not legit and official. The concern is even if I refrain from selling anything not mine and stick to my custom items, thereby eliminiating the VERO concern, will they still say, "Hey, that looks to be the same items, just with different pictures and description!" and then link me that way?

Can they know for sure that it is me or will they simply assume and suspend me anyway? I need to know if I am worrying for nothing.
Old 06-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Sounds like more to the story here. what exactly do you sell?? i dont see any risk letting us know since how you make them yourself.

To me it sounds like you make something yourself that is VERY close to something else out there now. COrrect me if I am wrong but I personally would be interested in how different your item is than someone elses.

The reason I would like more details is that too many people around here want to dance around what they sell in order to protect something they "THINK" is some goldmine. Giving no details and dancing around it only causes 20 people to reply and try to help you and you get no where because none of the answers suit you properly.

Last edited by KingRay; 06-12-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-12-2011

Longevity: 76%

If you got in trouble for selling the items themselves and you relist them, then you will just get in trouble again.

That is like saying "I got a ticket for speeding three times, and got my licensed suspended for 6 months. When I get my license back is there any way to continue speeding and not get a ticket." NO
Old 06-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRYAN34 View Post
If you got in trouble for selling the items themselves and you relist them, then you will just get in trouble again.

That is like saying "I got a ticket for speeding three times, and got my licensed suspended for 6 months. When I get my license back is there any way to continue speeding and not get a ticket." NO
ANother reason why he needs to let us know what he sells so people can genuinely help him. Otherwise all this is speculation.

If he is getting suspended because of it then it must be too similar to something else that is VERO
Old 06-12-2011

Longevity: 76%

clearly this seller is selling VeRO items, which will also get you kicked off or in trouble with the company, or he is selling stuff with logos on it that companies report to ebay/amazon
Old 06-12-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
clearly this seller is selling VeRO items, which will also get you kicked off or in trouble with the company, or he is selling stuff with logos on it that companies report to ebay/amazon
Actually, the items I am known for selling (artwork) can be classified as VERO. However, in years of selling I have never got in trouble for the artwork. I got in trouble for a piece of clothing which was a personal item that I sold as used.

I hope that clarifys it. So would I be able to start selling the artwork (which I have never got in trouble for) if I used new photographs and description and so forth?
Old 06-12-2011

You have a lifetime ban. So now you want to try and circumvent the ban, and you want people to tell you won't get caught never again?

Some people here think you will get caught and some don't.
Old 06-12-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
You have a lifetime ban. So now you want to try and circumvent the ban, and you want people to tell you won't get caught never again?

Some people here think you will get caught and some don't.
Actually no. I know people cannot predict the future. What I am asking is if Ebay tracks people through their old inventory. Keep in mind the inventory I would be re-selling is not the inventory that got me in trouble. It was an item I typically do not sell that did. That would not happen again as I would stick to the items that never got me into trouble.

What I am asking is if I adhered to the Stealth advice as far as personal info baking, etc., and then changed the images, description, and so forth, would Ebay track me though my items I was selling (which never caused a violation) and link me to my old account if the pictures and everything were new?
Old 06-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Just try it, what else can you do. YOu can have people tell you both ways on here all day long. just try it and if you get busted then you were wrong and need to make some changes like I mentioned above.

You are the one that needs to get the answer for yourself on this one. There is NO rules to go by. People on here give their educated answers but unless they are in your exact shoes who knows.

try it and post the results. If for some reason you get busted then get another acount and try again.

I seriously doubt they will care what you sell. They arent investigating a murder here. Just stay away from the VERO item that got you limited and you should be fine. just change some things up a bit. I am sure you can figure a way to do this. If you cannot then just dont list anything. Then you will for sure be safe. its that simple. Good luck.
Old 06-12-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
Just try it, what else can you do. YOu can have people tell you both ways on here all day long. just try it and if you get busted then you were wrong and need to make some changes like I mentioned above.

You are the one that needs to get the answer for yourself on this one. There is NO rules to go by. People on here give their educated answers but unless they are in your exact shoes who knows.

try it and post the results. If for some reason you get busted then get another acount and try again.

I seriously doubt they will care what you sell. They arent investigating a murder here. Just stay away from the VERO item that got you limited and you should be fine. just change some things up a bit. I am sure you can figure a way to do this. If you cannot then just dont list anything. Then you will for sure be safe. its that simple. Good luck.
Thanks for the answer, Kingray and I agree with everything you say. I am kinda new to the "just got suspended game". I know that you or nobody on here can say for 100% if I would be safe so I don't worry, I was not gonna hold you to your answer. LOL!

I was just trying to gauge how the same items being sold (which were not responsible for the violation) were a sure way to get bounced again if I changed up the photos, description, title, and such. I know using the same IP address, name, banking info, and so forth is an automatic way to get caught again. I was just curious if selling the same stock from my old account would help them draw a connection to me.

It seems the IP address and personal info is something their SYSTEM is sure to pick up. I just did not think the system could automatically pick up the same items being sold if the titles, description, and photos were different. That seems something that a live Ebay rep would have to notice or be actively looking for. In fact, it would seem that would almost have to be something a competitor reported and ratted you out for before it would a likely problem.

Thanks to everybody for their helpful answers. Much appreciated.

Last edited by happygilmore; 06-12-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-13-2011

Quote:

Excellent comment - I must remember that for future noobies
:D
Old 06-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannytranny View Post
Excellent comment - I must remember that for future noobies
:D
I have clarified this twice and it's not difficult to understand. The items I would be selling on the Stealth account ARE NOT the items that caused the issue. The issue was caused by a piece of apparel I decided to sell. In fact, it may have been the only clothing item I have sold in 6 years.

The problem is the "offense" of getting back on after suspended. Even if the items I would be listing are my regular items and not Vero, they are still items belonging to a supended user and items that I was selling before without incident. Was just curious as to the liklihood Ebay would tie me to my unique items if the pictures are different, hosting different, and descriptions different? I thought I may be paranoid. Reason I ask. I did not ask to be given immature smart-ass answers by a couple people when another couple were genuinely trying to help. I thought people were here to help people in a mature manner. Not play internet tough guy. I guess I was wrong.

Last edited by happygilmore; 06-13-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-13-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

I agree with KingRay, give it a go, nothing to lose.
Old 06-13-2011

The odd's are pretty high you will get suspended again for selling the same items. No one knows the exact odd's. It could be a 50/50 chance you have of not getting caught. And those odd's may be too high in your favor. Since your account is suspended, all you items are suspect in E-Bays view.

If another seller or former customer see's the same unique items again, they might report you. They may not have reported you the first time, but if they see the other account is banned and another seller is selling the same item's it won't be hard to figure out.

Either your selling practices or another E-Bay user took you out the first time, and it doesn't sound like much has changed.

Last edited by Road-Kill; 06-13-2011 at 01:34 PM.