My setup is done, I'm ready for March 1st... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default My setup is done, I'm ready for March 1st...

After eBay/PayPal announced that they will be holding the funds for 21 days after shipping, I had to make some changes to my selling style on eBay. I'm not happy to have thousands of dollars locked up in a single or two account(s) and then after 21 days having to on top carefully withdraw it. Too much work, not enough profit, too much risk as well.

So I spent the last few days setting up new accounts, including PayPal accounts. My strategy is not to sell on 1-2 accounts anymore, but on 20 accounts at the same time. That's right, with 20 different dial-up ISP's and IP combinations.

Why? I'd rather sell 1 item per day on 20 accounts each than 20 items per day on 1 account. After 21 days, I can withdraw a small amount from each of those 20 accounts to end up with one big sum of money. Sure I have to put 20 cards into the ATM, but it's worth it.

That way, if one account gets locked up, I don't lose much, if anything and I will still have 19 accounts making profit.

I'm not gonna sit lazy on those new accounts, though ...I'm making 1-2 backup accounts every day to replace those existing once when needed, if they go down.

So my advice ...get ready now, build those accounts up and sell on many accounts rather than one single account.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-04-2008

Longevity: 98%

CCNOW seems easier even with it's 5% discount rate.

Though does CCNOW share your info with paypal? I don't know as I haven't asked. If they share info CCNOW is so less useful.
Old 02-04-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

CCNOW is for US only :(
Old 02-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

Bravo imjustme! I have been doing the same, but goal is to have 100 accounts in 90 days, with a business partner helping me...we are getting there! Not ever again will we go down to zero
Old 02-04-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolandcalm View Post
Bravo imjustme! I have been doing the same, but goal is to have 100 accounts in 90 days, with a business partner helping me...we are getting there! Not ever again will we go down to zero

What country are you in? You need to put a flag by your name.
Old 02-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

imjust me has a flag next to his name, we are in the US but have accounts in several different countries, never again will we go down to zero accounts
Old 02-04-2008

Angry

Hello

Ive signed up an account on CCN last week (i'm from France). It works well (they make a wire transfer to my french bank account for $15).
But the problem, for me, is that they have cancelled some of my orders (not all), because i sell on ebay digital items....So i think for me, CCnow isn't a good solution. But it works for US foreigners
And i've got another of my Paypal account restricted... (⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, adress, phone number).. , i succeed to withdraw €75 before they put a restriction on my account.
Rip to him...

Bonne soirée !
Old 02-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

ciboulette0612, how long did it take to get your first payment from CCNow? We have signed up for it and ran our first payment about a week ago. Did it take 45 days to get your money from them?
Old 02-04-2008

Well, i've just signed up last week...
So, too early to ask a payement. And anyway i'm now a little bit affraid Ccnow suspend my account and keep the money because i sell ebooks, which is seems to be forbidden..
Old 02-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

If they do you need to post is here so we all know whether to get their account based on what we sell and where we are located...this will help us determine if this is a good option for each individual seller
Old 02-04-2008

Well, i've sold 8 items. For 5 of them, no problem, i sended the invoice to the buyer who paied me.
And this morning i had 3 consecutives Ccnow mails (same hour) for 3 differents items :

CCNow has received Order Number xxx which cannot be processed.

This order has been cancelled.
The customer's paypal account has been issued a refund.

The reason for the cancellation is:

This order contains a product type that cannot be sold by CCNow. For information about allowed product types, please view the following page location: Shopping cart Experts - CCNow Prohibited Products

To our client: If necessary, you can look up order number xxx
to see the transaction details. This feature is available on the
Information & Help section of the Client Administration screens.

Regards,

- CCNow Processing Team

I don't know how they could have known it was ebooks/audiobooks (do they check each item sold ?).

And sorry for my poor english
Old 02-04-2008

ciboulette0612 try google checkout it's the best merchant account.

last week, I tried to open a new buyer account with ebay.fr , but they want to verify my address by sms, phone call or credit card, How do you pass this verification,
Thanks.
Old 02-04-2008

Longevity: 95%

Yep...this Whole PARTY...nothing but a Numbers Game..and what a Party! LOL
Old 02-04-2008

Well i've created a lot of fr ebay accounts, no problem with verification (maybe because my Ip is .fr)
by the way, i've just created a new hotmail.fr and ebay account for you.
Send me a Pm; i will give you the informations to get in. If you want, all is your. And if they ask you a credit card, just go to entropay (it worked for me for paypal)

last week, I tried to open a new buyer account with ebay.fr , but they want to verify my address by sms, phone call or credit card, How do you pass this verification,
Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-05-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciboulette0612 View Post
Well, i've just signed up last week...
So, too early to ask a payement. And anyway i'm now a little bit affraid Ccnow suspend my account and keep the money because i sell ebooks, which is seems to be forbidden..

Is your eBook legit? Have you tried selling through Clickbank.com ?
Old 02-05-2008

Joker
But anyway i saw that they accept only tangible items.
And i made a mistake i think : as soon as i received payment, i put it as shipped (not very smart from me to ship an item at 03:00 am....)
I sold another item this morning. I let the payment on "pending" and i will put it "shipped" this afternoon. Maybe it will work

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Is your eBook legit? Have you tried selling through Clickbank.com ?
Old 02-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciboulette0612 View Post
This order contains a product type that cannot be sold by CCNow. For information about allowed product types, please view the following page location: Shopping cart Experts - CCNow Prohibited Products

To our client: If necessary, you can look up order number xxx
to see the transaction details. This feature is available on the
Information & Help section of the Client Administration screens.

Regards,

- CCNow Processing Team[/I]
don't know how they could have known it was ebooks/audiobooks (do they check each item sold ?).

And sorry for my poor english
I get a kick out of it, the last item is Anything else CCNow deems unacceptable...which could mean anything.

Also, everyone keeps pumping Google checkout which is banned by ebay...how do you get around it? I recently sold an item on a brand new EB account with a brand new PP account and immeadiately sent an email to the buyer saying that since my accts were new I was having problems with PP and would he mind if a "friend" of mine sent him an invoice for the transaction and my "friend" would then pay me? He got all, what's your friend's ID?, etc. I was worried that this would muck things up so I said "I" would work the PP stuff out and he could go ahead and complete the checkout which of course he hasn't done now like 4 days later.