Will ebay ever suspend you for ending a listing early to sell to a buyer? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-04-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default Will ebay ever suspend you for ending a listing early to sell to a buyer?

Will ebay ever suspend you for ending a listing early to sell to a buyer?

Just wondering. Has it happened to anyone?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-04-2008

Longevity: 96%

not me i have done it on several occasions.. give a reasonable reason of ending early and you might not get hurt.. just maybe.. but i guess if you do it alot then it might be a call for trouble
Old 02-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

This is almost becoming one of those redneck jokes..

If you (INSERT HERE), you might get your eBay account suspended.

:D
Old 02-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

I have put in the clause in my auction and every time caused the auction listing to be pulled. Isnt it a big red flag?
Old 02-04-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 98%

Modee, what is the crime you are busting people for when they end their listing early to sell to the highest bidder? I am not talking cheating reserve auctions, but just ending normal auctions early to sell to the highest bidder.
Old 02-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
I have turned people in for doing that. And gotten them suspended. If you are the type who does this regularly, at least put a reservation clause to the effect that you reserve the right to do that, in your auctions.
modee shame you want more people suspended.
Old 02-05-2008

Quote:
This site advocates how to get back on EBAY for legitimate sales. Listing items and then pulling them before auction's close is not legal behavior, especially when done because the closing price is not to your liking.

If you want to behave like that, put a reserve on the listing.
I dont think he ended it early cause he wasn't happy with the amount, i think he ended it early cause he was happy with the amount wanted to make the sale early. Thus he and the bidder are both satisfied. God knows i've done that befor many times befor to gain feedback quicker. This was befor ebay started crawling up everyones ass.
Old 02-06-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

I agree Modee.
Old 02-06-2008
Banned

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
This site advocates how to get back on EBAY for legitimate sales. Listing items and then pulling them before auction's close is not legal behavior, especially when done because the closing price is not to your liking.

If you want to behave like that, put a reserve on the listing.
I love how people qualify their behavior. Face it, we are all doing something against ebay's TOS to one degree or another, so I pretty much go by the motto, live and let live. The only time a have ever lodged a complaint, is when a competitor used my exact ad and pictures.
Old 05-28-2009

Longevity: 87%
Default LOST a REAL acct for doing just that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Will ebay ever suspend you for ending a listing early to sell to a buyer?

Just wondering. Has it happened to anyone?
Here's a new twist to this issue.

Just lost a real account due to ending multiple auctions early. My company deals with collectibles of all kinds, sports, political, etc...Back in the good ol' days, we used to "time" our listings with bs titles and no photos until we got the items in stock so that we can revise and add our photos. When we find the supply/demand, we would end some listings early for "error in listing". We used to do this on listings which had no bids. We used to do this on several hundred listings over the course of a few months. Never did we have any problems with this, and we must have ended thousands over the last 10 years.

Well, seems this action is no longer acceptable. NO chance for reinstatement. 140 FB's - 100%, all 4.9+ DSR's. Acct was 3 months old. No Vero items, no negatives, no chargebacks, no disputes, as clean as it gets.

Further, I may be mistaken, but it's dawning on me now that eBay is looking for ANY kind of "above avg" revisions, acct info changes, ending auctions early, basically, it feels like eBay wants you to:

1- Open acct
2- List your items
3- Sell and ship (usually for free now)
4- NOW STFU

It might be just me, but I get the feeling that the best way to keep your accounts, real or not, is to create and just keep still AMAP. No changes to your acct info, no auction revisions, no early ending, no breathing, no sleeping, no asking questions, no begging, just pay pay pay and be a good little MUTE boy/girl.

"Have a problem with that? GTFO of eBay, we don't want you even IF you're an honest seller with no negative history"

justmy2
Old 05-28-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

lol It really does seem like that!