Ebay getting more strict about DSR!?!!!!!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-01-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Ebay getting more strict about DSR!?!!!!!!!

K Im really pissed, WHY are they treating sellers like criminals, i really hope fewer ppl will be selling, I'm gonna start looking for other auction sites. this is ridiculous.

Ebay's getting strict, ppl filing cases, even if they don't leave any neg, AND EVEN ppl asking questions!!!!!!!! WTF SORRY for swearing ive had it w their bullying sellers. Im a powerseller, i just got 300+ fbs they're suppose to award and appreciate us. I'm POSITIVE we get the worst treatment than any auction sites
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebay_Victim View Post
K Im really pissed, WHY are they treating sellers like criminals, i really hope fewer ppl will be selling, I'm gonna start looking for other auction sites. this is ridiculous.

Ebay's getting strict, ppl filing cases, even if they don't leave any neg, AND EVEN ppl asking questions!!!!!!!! WTF SORRY for swearing ive had it w their bullying sellers. Im a powerseller, i just got 300+ fbs they're suppose to award and appreciate us. I'm POSITIVE we get the worst treatment than any auction sites
That is, I believe, what eBay wants. John Donahoe (CEO) stated that eBay looks like a flea market and he is embarrassed by it. He desperately wants to change eBay into Amazon. We see evidence of this when eBay desperately tries to lure large companies to the site.

Problem is, Amazon is already doing a pretty good job of being Amazon.

This WILL come back to haunt them. Plenty of corporation have failed when they forget what it was that made them great in the first place.

On AuctionBytes.com there is a story of a powerseller who has been on eBay for 13 years. 25,000+ positive feedbacks, ZERO negatives. He just recently quit eBay. He stated that between the ever-changing rules, the ever increasing fees and crazy stunts they pull he can no longer run a viable business on eBay.

I totally understand this. Why would ANYONE take a risk and buy a large amount of inventory to sell on eBay when they can pull the plug on you at any time? Plenty of huge eBay sellers have left. And eBay could care less.

Amazon is already getting more traffic than eBay. I have 10 Amazon sales for every ONE eBay sale.

By the time they wise up and replace this guy, the damage will have already been done. Its a shame, becausde eBay really WAS a great place to buy and sell at one time.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
pod (07-02-2010)
Old 07-01-2010

Longevity: 80%

The problem is that there is NO other auction site with any decent traffic to sell on. I'm sure it will eventually happen.......but, I'm afraid it will be a long, long while before anything viable comes along.
Old 07-01-2010
Banned

Longevity: 91%

You have to move with the times im afraid, always have with ebay, it changes constantly & probably always will. Personally i think ebay has got lots better recently, the dsr's are great and is getting rid of all the crap sellers and there customer support is now near excellent, they remove neutral & negs for me all the time, they remove low dsr's also now if you have less than 3 for high volume sellers and 2 for low volume, also they are reinstating lots of accounts quite easily no questions asked at the moment, email them and try you have nothing to lose.
Old 07-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebay_Victim View Post

they're suppose to award and appreciate us.
They should yes, but we have all seen and felt the horror stories. I've said it before and I'll say it again. They have a shotgun mentality in killing off the bad guys. And if the bystanders get hit, and they do, its acceptable collateral damage. They don't see John Smith losing his income or losing a few 100 bucks. They see "we lost $xxx less this quarter to fraud"... On paper, it looks good. But the overall result just doesn't work. As they hurt more and more John Smiths, their value as a marketplace goes down. The one and only reason they haven't died a miserable death is they have no competition. And I don't mean they are on top, I mean they stand alone.

In reality, they are arguably one of the most unique examples of an internet empire ever. They are so big and so alone in the market they can literally do anything and still be standing on top.... Empires in the internet world have rose and crumbled in just years. Think Netscape for example. They owned the internet for a few minutes, but competition came alone and completely wiped them out over night. Myspace was a social network pioneer. Facebook kicked them in the nuts pretty hard... ebay has never had to face that. And as much as it would be awesome to see someone roll in and kick some ass, I dont see it happening soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post

John Donahoe (CEO) stated that eBay looks like a flea market and he is embarrassed by it.

He desperately wants to change eBay into Amazon.

Plenty of corporation have failed when they forget what it was that made them great in the first place.
Here here. There is a pretty good reason why ebay is what it is. How these guys end up running billion dollar empires escapes me. They always seem to be the kind of people that would have a hard time running a 7-11 night shift. Yet they get control of these massive companies. It is as big as it is for a reason. Reinventing the wheel is silly at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post

You have to move with the times im afraid, always have with ebay
Pretty much, in just a few words, all that needs to be said. It may suck, it may hurt, it may be expensive... But it is what it is. Let them kick you in the nuts once and awhile and take the money home. Right or wrong cant be the issue. Its about money. Do your best to make as much as you can and forget the small stuff...
Old 07-02-2010

Longevity: 84%

Do your best to make as much as you can and forget the small stuff...

Exactly, everything above simplified into 1 sentence...
Old 07-02-2010

So true if we worry about every little thing we will STOP selling
Old 07-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

eBay looks like a flea market and he is embarrassed by it.
I cant stop thinking about that statement... Thats exactly how ebay started. Slogan used to be "sell your stuff"

They went after the garage sale "sell your junk in the attic" market for years. Super Bowl ads on that very track for bloody hell... And it made them billions...

I don't know anything about the guy, but it blows my mind he's running ebay...

Just shaking my head
Old 07-02-2010

Excuse my ignorance but what is a dsr?
Old 07-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Detailed Seller Rating - your positives to negative ratio percentage with that 5 star option.

/bonk Blackhorse
Old 07-02-2010

That tickled....

But thanks. Still learning all the slang lingo on this site haha.
Old 06-17-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
That is, I believe, what eBay wants. John Donahoe (CEO) stated that eBay looks like a flea market and he is embarrassed by it. He desperately wants to change eBay into Amazon. We see evidence of this when eBay desperately tries to lure large companies to the site.

This WILL come back to haunt them. Plenty of corporation have failed when they forget what it was that made them great in the first place.

On AuctionBytes.com there is a story of a powerseller who has been on eBay for 13 years. 25,000+ positive feedbacks, ZERO negatives. He just recently quit eBay. He stated that between the ever-changing rules, the ever increasing fees and crazy stunts they pull he can no longer run a viable business on eBay.

I totally understand this. Why would ANYONE take a risk and buy a large amount of inventory to sell on eBay when they can pull the plug on you at any time? Plenty of huge eBay sellers have left. And eBay could care less.

Amazon is already getting more traffic than eBay. I have 10 Amazon sales for every ONE eBay sale.

By the time they wise up and replace this guy, the damage will have already been done. Its a shame, becausde eBay really WAS a great place to buy and sell at one time.
i sold used records for over 3 years.. 99.7 feedback. was kicked off for low dsr's in shipping time and shipping price (i required buyers to pay for tracking and buyers left low dsr's). i was kicked off indefinitely. it's time for people to find other options cus the ship has sailed for the garage sale style site ebay once was.. ebay clearly don't want us.. look at new fee policy that takes 10% of shipping!
Old 06-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

in japan they still use yahoo auctions. i have a japan buyer who buys from me
Old 06-19-2011

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
You have to move with the times im afraid, always have with ebay, it changes constantly & probably always will. Personally i think ebay has got lots better recently, the dsr's are great and is getting rid of all the crap sellers and there customer support is now near excellent, they remove neutral & negs for me all the time, they remove low dsr's also now if you have less than 3 for high volume sellers and 2 for low volume, also they are reinstating lots of accounts quite easily no questions asked at the moment, email them and try you have nothing to lose.
Wait what, you just email them and ask them to remove bad negs? What do you tell them?
Old 06-20-2011

the dsr's are great and is getting rid of all the crap sellers and there customer support is now near excellent,

Sounds like it was written by some hack at eBay towers!
Old 06-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
I find all of this extremely hard to believe. Never heard anyone claim all that you claim here, not even close. Not to mention, you really sound like some EB/PP troll...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
tinyurl (06-23-2011), TurtleCove (06-23-2011)
Old 06-20-2011

I have had low DSRs removed because I got the buyer to add a follow up admitting they had made a mistake.

I also had a neg removed because the buyer said it was smaller than expected and the size was plainly given in the item specifics.

You need to get through to Dublin (for UK) and not the idiots in Manilla.

However most of the negs I have had removed were via feedback revision.
The Following User Says Thank You to biglouis999 For This Useful Post:
tinyurl (06-23-2011)
Old 06-23-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
I find all of this extremely hard to believe. Never heard anyone claim all that you claim here, not even close. Not to mention, you really sound like some EB/PP troll...
I totally agree with you, they are punishing the good sellers and now they are charging their cut on shipping charges, I can't see why this is being done to a good seller with reasonable shipping.

I hope that CEO goes elsewhere

Now I am forced to charge more for the item and of course they make more money.
Old 06-23-2011

Longevity: 76%

once you let me know that special other site let me know......you will be back to ebay in a couple days once you realize there are only 2-3 sites where you can actually make money.
Old 06-23-2011

Longevity: 78%

Why does eb*y want to be like amazon? What is so great about amazon.
Old 06-23-2011

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopHole View Post
Why does eb*y want to be like amazon? What is so great about amazon.
perfect!
Old 06-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

The very nature of eb ay's relation to auctions prevents it from attaining the quality of Am az on - one of the many quality issues.