I have a problem, any suggestions or help w/ my suspension? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-06-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default I have a problem, any suggestions or help w/ my suspension?

To make a long story short, I had an acct in good standing with eBay for 5 years. Recently I began selling a lot, and I made the mistake of bidding on some of the same items that I sold. That is my only guess as to why my acct was suspended for a min. of 30 days. I was simply trying to buy some of the same merchandise I sold, if I could get it for cheap from other ebayers, i figured why not buy it ( or at least bid) and if I win something once in a while , great.

So my acct and 2 others that I had registered to my name and address, all got suspended. After reading thru this forum I doubt I will even get an email explaining why.

I followed the guide ( or at least i thought i did) on how to make a new acct without getting linked, i made a new email, cleared all cookies, changed my ip, used a prepaid credit card, all that. i also added a new email to my paypal acct to use. as suggested.

I then created a new acct this morning, i thought everything was fine until i logged in tonight and it was linked... suspended.

I forgot to mention, earlier today i made a shipping label thru paypal on an item that was previously bought from me under my now suspended acct. could that have been the culprit? In paypal, i clicked the "make a shipping label" button next to the payment that was made.

How do I know if my paypal is linked ot my eBay, if i click on my profile and then click on auctions, it doesn't show any eBay accts. so from that i believe my paypal is not linked to my suspended eBay.

Before reading in more depth, I listed an item for a 3 day auction. After reading more I saw that this is not recommended for a new acct. it is a powertool i have that was started at 99 cents, with no reserve. my previous now suspended acct i used to sell tools and coffee machines. and that is what i have to sell so that is what i must sell.

any tips on what i could have done wrong? i also bought something for like $5 today on the new acct, paid for it with my normal old paypal acct. do you think that is how i was linked?

I have no problem to go open up a new bank acct to make a new paypal if that is whats needed.

I am extremely frustrated with all this and any help or tips would be great. I am losing at least 200$ a day profit so i would like to get this straightened up ASAP.

Thanks to anyone who has any wisdom to steer me clear. thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2008

YES! The same thing happened to my account. All was well until I paid for an auction using the old paypal. Then bam 60 FB out the window that I worked months on which is what landed me here in this forum. :o

You absolutely must go back through this site and read the posts. There is really good information that you must have overlooked when setting up your accounts. You need a new PP account and new ebay account if you are going to continue to sell there. You really need to create more than one if you are selling that much.

I have been testing with AOL for about a week now and using their free 9.1 software and logging in with my own broadband has given me a different IP address for each of the 5 systems I am logged on with. So far so good, but I have not logged into ebay at all. Wanted to check with someone who had more experience about the AOL proxy first.

Do a search in the forum for the following topics in addition to the one about setting up the ebay account and you should be well informed:

Paypal alternatives
Auctiva (there is a really great post about how to set up your profiles)

I also read in another post that by using Auctiva to post your auctions, eBay will not see your IP because you are not on eBay when listing. You might try that for your new IDs.

Hope this helps you some. I would put the links in to the particular posts but I am new here and have not mastered it yet :D
Old 02-06-2008

Longevity: 95%

Hi, Welcome!!
Boy- you jumped from the Pool into the Ocean ..all in 2 days )
-- FIRST, STAY AWAY from those accts..do not log into them from the same pc youre gonna use for REAL...
--Read through Aspkins Guide to Restoration...
-- Everythings you've asked, all of us here have been through,
-- Yes, been there done that, but $200/day isnt that much.. I lost over $1,500/day when they took me down..
-- Start SLOW.. read this weekend.. the WORST thing you can do, is JUMP IN..start opening "panic accounts", without the proper knowledge...
--- Get your IP changed---again, tips here in the forum.
--EVERYTHING MUST CHANGE...name/address/phone/paypal/cc/photos/style of listing/descriptions/even items in some cases until things cool off...EVERYTHING
--Get your pc cleaned up, go out and buy yourself a few gift cards, plan on this weekend, reading in the forum... it;s all FREE...
-- You will NOT find a better bunch of guys + gals than in here to help you, as we've all been through it..
+++DO NOT OPEN ANY MORE EBAY EMAILS---go to a library...
FORGET ABOUT THAT PAYPAL ACCT..its linked you once already...
YOU'll need a new one or a Merchant acct..
Good Luck
Old 02-06-2008
Threadstarter  

Thank you both for such swift responses.

To add to my problems and prove that when it rains it pours... Less than a week ago, on my old acct, (which at that time was 700 fb 99% positive) I had a chargeback so paypal is holding $1300 of my funded for that item. It was mailed to a confirmed address and all, but that money is tied up. First time that has evr happened to me (which isnt that bad as an expereince yrs ago in which paypal help over $10,000 of my money for a whole year! until thye let me have it back.

I think my problem was the paypal somehow linked- that has to be it. I am going to have to read up on the best way to make a new paypal acct.

Also, I see there is a section on here to buy ebay accts... would you suggest this, as it would be a fast track to not be a new acct to get flagged more easily? Or would it draw flags bc the acct would not be local in regards to where i am?

I'm going to be up all night reading more. I've spent several hours so far, many more to go. thank you for your input and help.
Old 02-06-2008

great advice ebayhateluv! The main thing is take a deep breath, calm down and start slowly! It's worth it in the long term. I would think most people who find this site have been booted and tried short term methods to circumvent the suspsension. But obviously those don't work or this forum wouldn't be thriving the way it is!
Old 02-06-2008

HI, DRO-- I would "slow down",,take a deep breath.. I know the feeling of having enough stock to supply a small walmart sitting out back...BUT..
--NO SENSE buying a new acct- if your "mind set" is not right yet... You will blow it up in 1 day.. Honestly..
+ I sell new accts, so my suggestion--do NOT buy a new acct yet.. wait..
Old 02-06-2008

I think you kinda screwed yourself for making a new account after your other accounts got suspended. What you should have done is faxed ebay your info and a letter of apology and they would have reinstated you if that was your first suspention. But now that you did what you did they will ignore the apology saying "you shoulden't have made a new account when your other account was suspended, we told you not to." Thats what happened to me.

They linked you because you payed with your old ebay account. Thats what happened to me a few days ago.

Honestly, people on the forums say take it slow and i agree. Give it one months time. I know its hard, just try. Make one 7-day auction a day till you have about 5 auctions, wait a week, then do it all over again. In about a month you should have 10-20 feedback and hopefully ebay wount be watching you anymore and you can do whatever you like.
Old 02-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by drosenseo View Post
i also added a new email to my paypal acct to use. as suggested.

I forgot to mention, earlier today i made a shipping label thru paypal on an item that was previously bought from me under my now suspended acct. could that have been the culprit? In paypal, i clicked the "make a shipping label" button next to the payment that was made.
Biggest mistakes, the rest sounded good.

You gotta get a new Paypal, you can't use that old Paypal for ebay anymore. Theres no way around it.
Old 02-06-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks everyone for your info.

I am willing to take it slow and list 1 item at a time for 7 day auctions etc, I just want to get to that point as soon as i can.

here is what i have done so far... i bought 2 cards from simon, different names and addresses in my same city.

Thursday I am going to open a new bank acct, so that why when i open a new paypal eventually i can use that acct. I am waiting to make any email addresses or register on ebay a new acct or open a new paypal acct. until i have everything in order at which point i can change my ip and get going with all of that

Does it matter if i wait a week until i make a first listing? or after i get everything in order, can i open an eBay acct and then make 1 listing right away. and should i start with listings of stupid random little things i have around, or can i go ahead and list some tools i have for sale. or should i wait 1, 2, 3, or 4 weeks to start listing tools (which will sell from btwn $200-$700) or some kitchen blenders (which will sell for 30-50 apiece)

Are those items that will finish high prices like that a flag to eBay? Should I not list any high priced item until I list low priced junk I have around my house?

Thanks, I would like to get everything in order so that I can get the process going as soon as i can.

One more question for now, when i make my paypal acct, do i use the same address and name i used when i made the simon cards, the names which i will eventually use to make new eBay accts.

I'm re reading my post and I seem a little hyper, haha. I may seem to be in a hurry, but I want to do this right and if that means waiting a few days while i get everything in order, I will do that. I made the mistake once since changing my ip and trying, I do not want to make any mistakes this second time around so i want everything to be exactly correct so i can move on and start making some money in a few weeks!

thank you for input everyone here is so helpful.
Old 02-06-2008

Yeah after a couple days everything settles down, it doesn't seem like its taking forever once you get rolling.

When getting a new bank account use your real info. Make your Paypal and ebay accounts at the same time with the simon card. Wait about 7 days before listing, get your Paypal verified.

Start with listing items around your house. I start with 2 items that will sell for about $2-$3, don't use stuff you would normally sell.

I would wait a couple months before running ($200-$700) per item. Also you will want multiple ebay and paypal accounts when making that much or you'll get limited. Try to stay around $500-$700/mo per Paypal and streatch it out for as many accounts you will need.
Old 02-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelizardking View Post
I would wait a couple months before running ($200-$700) per item. Also you will want multiple ebay and paypal accounts when making that much or you'll get limited. Try to stay around $500-$700/mo per Paypal and streatch it out for as many accounts you will need.
So are you saying that if you go over $500-700/mo they will limit you for sure? how long do you think it will take to earn their trust so they wont limit you? they limited my legit PayPal account and I provided everything..they asked for more and I still provided..it was reinstated in 2 weeks but after that I kept getting emails saying that my account was limited, again, and then I would receive another email right after that, almost instantly saying that my limitation was limited..that happened like 3-4 times..so the system was limiting me and reinstating me in few minutes for no reason..my volume was about $1500-2000 week.
I am doing $200/week now but I am afraid to go any further..thats why I got a merchant account.. still having second thoughts of giving up PayPa though I guess its addictive ..but I will have to let it go.. I just hope that I wont lose sales because of not offering PayPal..
Old 02-06-2008
Threadstarter  

quick question, when getting these prepaid credit cards, do you get them just for $20 or so? or for a bigger amount?

I was just re reading the guide up on this forum, and came upon the part where it says that you can just add a new email address to the paypal acct, is that true for my case. I think it would be better to just go open a fresh bank acct, get a new paypal and all.

How long would you wait until I sold the normal product I sell? Kitchen Blenders. I just list them with no reserve, but from experience I know this particular one will sell for 30-50$ shipped. Does it make any difference that I sell it with no reserve, its not like I have a high reserve set or something.-- or does that not matter I can hold off on my tools (mostly around $200-300 apiece, though a few are $400, $600) but I would like to get back to sell my blenders as soon as is deemed safe by you more experienced ppl. I'm just trying to provide rough prices so everyone can get a better idea on my scenario.

Tomorrow all I have to do is open that bank acct, and then its back to these boards reading as much as I can!

Goodnight all and thank you thank you thank you
Old 02-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Dronsenseo, to confirm what the others say, ya'll will have more success by
going slowly. These is a HEAP of info here but I suggest change your mind set.
I was told by agreat user here to think "Witness Protection". Read read read, write out a game plan become comfortable with itbut hold off on trying to list quickly.Sad to say it becomes a matter of careful planing. Good Luck
Old 02-07-2008

keceli - its not definite ever that you won't get limited, but if you keep it to a minimum you won't run into those problems of having to verify and all that. Theres no real set amount but you won't have the hassles you talked about. As much volume you do I would spread it out over different accounts. If your doing good at $200/wk I would keep it there and get more accounts. There is quite a bit of info and people on this board that run multiple accounts, they can help you with that.

drosenseo - after you open the account and wait 7 days to list, list a few household items for 7 days, then maybe a new item and re-list what doesn't sell, then after that I would list like 3 blenders for 5 days or 7 days, then increase every week by 4-5. As your feedback comes in and your accounts 4-6 weeks old I would do the tools. One expensive one and a few less expensive ones at a time. Act like your a new seller and have never sold before.

Also as far as adding the new email to your old Paypal doesn't work anymore. Since December or so that way and a few other's with using the old Paypal don't work anymore. Its best to start new and fresh with a new Paypal and start thinking about the Merchant Account. If you can get at least 1/2 your customers to pay with a merchant account, money order, etc..the less money you have going to Paypal and less chance you get your money froze.
Old 02-07-2008
Threadstarter  

Lizardking, I agree I think I am going to look more into a merchant acct. Prior to all of this, I had been looking at ways to migrate all my business away from paypal, since I have a deep rooted hate for them ( from over 5 yrs ago when they held my 10 000$ for like a year)

It's just so damned popular with buyers it's hard to get around it. Once I get things rolling, I will be having at least $4,000 a month going through in sales, sometimes up to $10,000 a month.
I used to run everything through one paypal acct and one eBay acct... before I had any of these problems. In the month around this past Christmas, I had probably $20,000 in sales in less than 30 days.

Now I have a question in regards to multiple acct.... as long as they are all new accts and linked to my fresh paypal that i am going to make, I can make several eBay accts on the same Fresh IP address that i will have? or does each acct ned its own ip?

thanks again, i am so gracious for your input.
Old 02-07-2008
Threadstarter  

Something I am confused about now-

Once I get a new paypal acct, Do I use one of my own credit cards that I have never linked to eBay or paypal previously? Or can I use a prepaid Simon card?

The reason I am asking is bc how will I give paypal the 4 digit code to verify it when they charge the credit card for $1.95? With a pre paid card is there any way to see transactions on the card?

thank you
Old 02-07-2008

Have you tried entropay? With these, you can view your bank statements online, so you are able to view the expandature number.

I've signed up an account with no problems.
Old 02-07-2008

Longevity: 97%

drosenseo, If you purchased a simon gift card online you can go back and look at the transactions. I think you only have to go back and check your balance and it shows you all of your transactions from that card.
Also, not sure if you know this but Ebay can also link you through your pictures. If you use pictures from your suspended account they can link you to the suspended account and you will be suspended for being associated with a suspended user. You have to take all new pictures.
Old 02-07-2008

You can use a credit card as long as the card number and address are different than anything you have used before on ebay or paypal. The simon card you can check on their website all gift cards ive ever used you can check transactions online. I get my simon cards with $23+$2(fee) on them cause if something happens you can buy a new simon card with the old simon card.

Multiple accounts you have to have a new IP for each ebay account and a new Paypal for each account.
Old 02-07-2008

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by drosenseo View Post
Something I am confused about now-

Once I get a new paypal acct, Do I use one of my own credit cards that I have never linked to eBay or paypal previously? Or can I use a prepaid Simon card?

The reason I am asking is bc how will I give paypal the 4 digit code to verify it when they charge the credit card for $1.95? With a pre paid card is there any way to see transactions on the card?

thank you
You can view the expanded use number on the simon site when you go to check your balance. In the event that PP and EB are sharing info(even though PP says your information will not be shared with anyone, including EB) you are much better having the same CC and address for both IMO.
Old 02-07-2008
Threadstarter  

thank you guys for letting me know i can check the simon balance online. I did not know that. thank you thank you