voip or prepaid - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-27-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default voip or prepaid

Hi I am still new currently have been using prepaid number for 4 of my stealths. but I am getting tired of keeping the prepaid active and I am opening new accounts which means more prepaid. thinking of switching to VOIP but I have no idea how it works, can anyone help? thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-27-2011

i am using google,it sucks bad but is free,is other sources of VOIP but their charges between $7.00-12.99 those who charges must be better than google,but all is except to you,now what i dunno is how many numbers the VOIP where you pay $$ give to subscribers.if give more than one it worth then.
The Following User Says Thank You to cazador For This Useful Post:
jjjia (06-27-2011)
Old 06-27-2011
Threadstarter  

exactly how do you do with the voip? how do you get a number to be registered on eb and pp? and what do you mean by google sucks (relative to other voip)?
Old 06-28-2011

the voip is a service where you choose a phone number (diff than yours) and every time a person call that number,your house or cell personal phone will ring,.Thats how the voip works.so every time you register an eb account,the ebay robot will call that number.

Now i am using google but i am sure if a real person from EB call will find out right away that number is a google voice,thats BS even when you call your self,the machine say "thanks for use google voice".

also when you expecting your pin code you must act fast or the call drops when is doing it via google vioce.
The Following User Says Thank You to cazador For This Useful Post:
jjjia (06-29-2011)
Old 06-29-2011
Threadstarter  

ebay au still is not using robot to verify new accounts and I hope they never will. my problem now is how am i going to keep all my prepaid number active, argh...i have eight currently and the number is growing if I open new account.
Old 07-05-2011

Longevity: 74%

Have you thought about using amaysim? They advertise their prepaids never going inactive as long as you have money on the sim. Don't know if it is true but I thought it might be interesting. Also optus and vodafone (I think it's vodafone) have their long expiry caps. I know with the optus one your credit exires after 186 days.
Old 07-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazador View Post
the voip is a service where you choose a phone number (diff than yours) and every time a person call that number,your house or cell personal phone will ring,.Thats how the voip works.so every time you register an eb account,the ebay robot will call that number.

Now i am using google but i am sure if a real person from EB call will find out right away that number is a google voice,thats BS even when you call your self,the machine say "thanks for use google voice".

also when you expecting your pin code you must act fast or the call drops when is doing it via google vioce.
So is Google Voice not reliable?
Old 07-06-2011

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial333 View Post
What I have been doing and I haven't had problems yet with it, is to set up a Google voice account for each set of ebay/paypal/gmail/amazon accounts. When I set up the account I have it forwarded to a prepaid cell phone account. Since Google Voice can only forward to one cell phone at a time, I switch to that account when I need it. I then only carry around my primary cell phone which gets emails from all my accounts, and one prepaid. If a call comes in and goes to voice mail then I get the email, log into Google Voice, forward the calls to the prepaid, then call them back if needed.
Old 07-07-2011
Threadstarter  

It sounds great but it has not even come to aussie yet..c'mon google...
Old 07-07-2011

Longevity: 76%
Default CallFire.com

CallFire.com is the solution for many accounts.

$1/month per phone #, and you can forward each to any # you want. It has whisper also, so you can configure a text string to identify the name of the line of the incoming call before connecting.
The Following User Says Thank You to DSToken For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (07-07-2011)
Old 07-07-2011

Longevity: 76%

I heared good and bad things about google voice
Old 07-08-2011

Longevity: 74%
Send a message via ICQ to xdirc Send a message via AIM to xdirc Send a message via MSN to xdirc Send a message via Yahoo to xdirc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazador View Post

Go into your Google Voice settings. You can change it so that it does NOT screen the call. It wont ask the name, it'll get straight forwarded to your number. Only thing I hate about Google Voice is that if you have to enter in a PIN for Amazon or any other site, and theres a "4" in the PIN. You cant do it, because Google Voice starts to record the conversation instead of allowing the Tone to go through. Really stupid.. But I absolutely love Vumber in situations like this. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial333 View Post
I find it to be reliable, just not if you have to press the number 4. Been using Google Voice for months.