Increase the selling limit eBay places on new accounts. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-28-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
This is anecdotal

Limits are when they cannot find you on public records (most stealth I would think.) My reason for saying this is that my daughter has a brand new account, all set up with real information and she is on equifax and the electoral role. No limits at all. 42 items listed all starting at 0.99p. Not even a hint of anything

On business accounts Limited companies with bank accounts etc. do not get limits. This I know from something I did last week and now the person I organised it for has just listed 50 assorted items. No limits.

the limit is for more than 100 items 42 items is not a problem
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-28-2011

Longevity: 75%

Give her time
Old 06-28-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by qazisw View Post
I had one ebay ccount when it reached 100 items limit i went to the second account and then my both ebay suspended? is it good idea to leave one account with 98 items sold without touching the 100 items limits and getting flaged and move to next account ??? how to spread to multiple accounts to increase selling limits?

Just stay below the 100 it will go away eventually, one day you will get an email.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 06-29-2011

Exclamation Spreading on multiple accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
Just stay below the 100 it will go away eventually, one day you will get an email.
Actually my question is that if i got Account A and i do not touch the 100 items limit and i sell 95 items and then move to 2nd one and sell 95 and so on .... it is safe? Any one tried this? as once i touched 100 iitems in first account and moved to second and my both accounts suspended ... so i am looking for a safe way to spread on multiple accounts safely without suspension as heppened to me last time ... as i think when you touch this 100 items limit, ebay flags it and do nto let you to sell on next one ...
Old 06-29-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Actually my question is that if i got Account A and i do not touch the 100 items limit and i sell 95 items and then move to 2nd one and sell 95 and so on .... it is safe? Any one tried this? as once i touched 100 iitems in first account and moved to second and my both accounts suspended ... so i am looking for a safe way to spread on multiple accounts safely without suspension as heppened to me last time ... as i think when you touch this 100 items limit, ebay flags it and do nto let you to sell on next one ...
You talking about two accounts linked to the same paypal or two accounts that are separate identities?

The best way is creating as many separate identities as you need to build all accounts gradually, without pushing any limits. You can have second accounts opened that are linked to the same paypal but make sure they do not sell the same stuff, as any switching back and fourth on linked accounts with limits seems to set off flags with ebay, unless you have left the first account alone for long enough for your DSRs scores to clear. Good or Bad

If you are in one of those categories that cause problems for sellers and have a lot of problem buyers or problem competitors then you need to have enough accounts so that you can move from any account and leave it alone for at least a year without it causing problems for your income.
Old 06-29-2011

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
I had one ebay ccount when it reached 100 items limit i went to the second account and then my both ebay suspended? is it good idea to leave one account with 98 items sold without touching the 100 items limits and getting flaged and move to next account ??? how to spread to multiple accounts to increase selling limits?
hi mate, why was ur account suspended? i thought limits are per account per month and not per person per month.
what reason they gave for suspension.
also , i have a business ebay account and it doesnt let me list over 50 items per month , even though a verified paypal is attached .
but i have two ebay accounts, does it mean that ebay distributes selling limits amongst the number of accounts you have.. forexample, 100items per month / 2 accounts = 50 items /month/account ?
or its something else?
Old 07-01-2011

Default Multiple accounts linked to same paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
You talking about two accounts linked to the same paypal or two accounts that are separate identities?

The best way is creating as many separate identities as you need to build all accounts gradually, without pushing any limits. You can have second accounts opened that are linked to the same paypal but make sure they do not sell the same stuff, as any switching back and fourth on linked accounts with limits seems to set off flags with ebay, unless you have left the first account alone for long enough for your DSRs scores to clear. Good or Bad

If you are in one of those categories that cause problems for sellers and have a lot of problem buyers or problem competitors then you need to have enough accounts so that you can move from any account and leave it alone for at least a year without it causing problems for your income.
I had multiple accounts linked to same paypal.
Old 07-01-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Ouch - don't do that again
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
surcerouche (06-17-2012)
Old 07-01-2011

Quote:
You can use the same user accounts and many do on here but only if you have enough alias accounts to use to jump back and fourth between them.

There is one other thing that others could answer but may be something else to think about, which was in one of ebays changes they said if you get a complaint through ebay or paypal then it will show up on your ebay account.
What happens if you have two accounts linked to one paypal and you get a buyer complaint through paypal has anyone checked to see if both ebay accounts connected to that paypal get the hit?

Or those selling off ebay with websites or alternatives, if you get a complaint off ebay through paypal does it hit the connected ebay account?

But it does indicate that the link between ebay and paypal is growing if this is the case.

Last edited by isitworththestress; 07-01-2011 at 04:06 AM.
Old 07-04-2011

Longevity: 74%
Wink

Why do I need prepaid card for paypal account? Thanks
Old 12-27-2011

Default any success so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_oates_11 View Post
Hello,

First of all thanks to everyone on the forum that has helped me in the past.

I've had a stealth account for 93 days now and it is all running fine. PayPal is linked to eBay. PayPal is verified and funds have been added and withdrawn from the account. eBay account has 65 100% Positive feedback and the account has had 0 cases in the resolution centre. In total I have sold 87 items in the past 93 days.

I currently have a selling restriction of 50 items per month or a sterling figure of something like £650.

Ideally I would like the account to be free from any restriction so that I can list around a 1000 items. What is the best way to go about this?

Should I ring eBay to try and negotiate the limit since my account is now over 90 days and has had no negative feedback or buyer protection cases. Or should I wait a while longer.

Thanks in advance!
As i know the selling limits or quota is assigned 1st of each month. If you registered your selling account in middle of month then yo have to wait about 2 weeks more until next month 1st comes ... could you please tell me it worked for next month start? were selling limits lifted?
Old 12-27-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

I have a private EB selling account and sold 155 items in December , nothing has happened yet
Old 12-30-2011

Hello. This may be a bit late to post but every bit of info helps. I too had the 650 limit. My limit is now 100 items/ something like £3,000. All I did was do what they suggested.... Do you not see a link to lift limits? The link is something like add paypal to your ebay etc.... I know you say you have linked them but I thought I had too, but hadn't. The next step for me is to raise from 100.... I now have no option but to call them and I'm in no rush too. I want to keep it steady.

BTW, the selling limit is placed in 3 ways, category based, selling limit in general and 1 other way or its something similar like that but they is a small way around it, think of it as a tip. Say you have 4 buy it now auctions, selling 25 each making that your 100 a month total. You can't list more but what you can do is... revise your ad and lessen the number for sale, say to 20.... you now have more items you can list.

So what I mean is.... while you cant actually raise the limits, you can still edit and sell more items so long as you don't list the maximum 100 items for example.

I know that may sound confusing but it is hard to explain.
Old 02-17-2012

Activity: 9%

Quote:
I've figured this out now and all my limits are going to be lifted in the next few days.

It isn't really sustainable to have several eBay accounts. You miss out on the reputation you would gain from having just one account and since I have an eBay shop you miss out on many discounts (listing fees, FVF's, PayPal charges etc)

You will have a selling allowance if you are listing high risk items such as mobile phones, expensive electronics etc. You will also have a selling allowance if your account is less than 90 days old.

Once your account:

- is fully verified (PayPal and eBay)
- is over 90 days old
- has an exceptional seller dashboard with all fees paid upto date
- has over 100 items sold with no Buyer Protection Cases opened
- has DSR's over an average of 4.8

...then your selling restriction will be removed.

By the way, I rang eBay to find out all this information and it took about 20 minutes of question after question for them to tell me.

I thought I would revisit this thread.

Can anybody verify that its 90 days good dsrs etc to get limits lifted on new accounts.

Has anybody called to get the limits removed say the 100 items with $5000 limit, what was asked in the telephone interview.
Old 02-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
I thought I would revisit this thread.

Can anybody verify that its 90 days good dsrs etc to get limits lifted on new accounts.

Has anybody called to get the limits removed say the 100 items with $5000 limit, what was asked in the telephone interview.
No, Thats seems to all have changed. There is no specific time period involved from what now appears to be happening. It seems to be based on what you sell and how well you fit the performance standards.

There have been reports of accounts that previously had no limits suddenly having them imposed again.

I have business accounts with 100 and 200 p.m. limits but I also have personal accounts with 100 and 200 limits.

There is no real pattern to it right now.

I tend to let them grow organically rather than request increases as I think it helps keep you under the radar. I reckon e/b start to take a closer look at what you're doing if you request increases to early.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NoneOther For This Useful Post:
degsey69 (02-17-2012), GreenBean (02-17-2012), Pringles (02-17-2012)
Old 02-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
I tend to let them grow organically rather than request increases as I think it helps keep you under the radar. I reckon e/b start to take a closer look at what you're doing if you request increases to early.
DING!!!DING!!!DING!!!DING!!!

Today's winner.

Minimize account scrutiny where possible.
Old 02-18-2012

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by giles890 View Post
its probably different here in the UK. and also depends on what items you sell!

I set up a new account and could sell 100 items straight away. (vintage clothing)
all my accounts are the same and a few hopefully being lifted soon

Also, once your bank verified you can go into ebay request higher limits and will raise to 100/£3500... get a few accounts that can sell at that rate your in the money
Old 03-28-2012

Longevity: 70%

Hi - Do you think its the best bet to just wait until ebay automatically increases limits?

I have a limit of 100 listings and a monetry value of 3500. Its the 100 listins I need more of.

I've sold 60 things over the last 2 months and ive had the account for several years but only made it a business account in janurary. The feedback score is at 90.

When do you think I could get the limit increased?
Old 03-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

No matter how old the account is you only upgraded to a business account in January so in e/b's eyes you are a 'new' risk and the limits will remain until you prove to them you are a reliable and trustworthy 'business' seller.

If you've only sold 60 items in 2 months why do you need the limit raised to over 100 per month?

Think about it

That's how e/b look at it
Old 03-30-2012

Longevity: 70%
Question

Quote:
Hello,

First of all thanks to everyone on the forum that has helped me in the past.

I've had a stealth account for 93 days now and it is all running fine. PayPal is linked to eBay. PayPal is verified and funds have been added and withdrawn from the account. eBay account has 65 100% Positive feedback and the account has had 0 cases in the resolution centre. In total I have sold 87 items in the past 93 days.

I currently have a selling restriction of 50 items per month or a sterling figure of something like £650.

Ideally I would like the account to be free from any restriction so that I can list around a 1000 items. What is the best way to go about this?

Should I ring eBay to try and negotiate the limit since my account is now over 90 days and has had no negative feedback or buyer protection cases. Or should I wait a while longer.

Thanks in advance!
How do you withdraw money from your paypal if bank account is not attached? Thanks,,,,,
Old 03-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

You can't, it is not possible without a bank account attached
syva (03-30-2012)
Old 03-30-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
You can't, it is not possible without a bank account attached
Not strictly true. There are a few ways that I know of. They are a pain to implement but they don't involve the cash being withdrawn to a bank account.

Is it advisable? No. Is it a long term solution? No. Will the Paypal get limited? Almost certainly if method gets abused.

Attaching a bank account is always the best and safest option.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
syva (03-30-2012)