Paymate linked to eBay Question? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 06-26-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Paymate linked to eBay Question?

I wanted to know if I open a Paymate account and link it with eBay will the information on the account be shared with eBay like the way PayPal shares it's information with eBay?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-26-2011

Longevity: 83%

Paymate has had lots of problems with sellers. Sharing info with E-Bay isn't one of them.
Old 06-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 74%

Okay, what types of problems are we talking about here? Why does the service suck in other words for eBay sellers? Do they hold funds longer then normal or what? Also, can i use the service to invoice someone for something like AlertPay?
Old 06-26-2011

There is all sorts of drama on the E-Bay PayPal Forums, with complaints about PP and Paymate.So you should check it out to get more than just my opinion. Just do a search for "Paymate" and look for post from about a year ago to present.

To sum up the situation. A lot of the sellers were cheering on Paymate as a alternative to PP. Paymate was selling itself as a payment service more seller friendly than PP. About 10 months ago Paymate froze all sellers funds without warning, due to problems they were having with their payment processor. Instead of paying out of their pocket for their problems, they just held all the sellers funds.

Needless to say the sellers weren't too happy about this and you can read all the post on E-Bay that haven't been deleted. You can also read post about this on this complaints site..

paymate | ComplaintsBoard.com

So Paymate's rep is probably worse than PP's with about 1/1000000 the number of customer accounts. They might have looked at PP's business plan and figured they could do a better job than PP at messing with sellers. Other than that, the company doesn't have much going for it.

There aren't a lot of new complaints about the company, but I wouldn't trust them with holding of any of my money!

Last edited by Road-Kill; 06-26-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-26-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

Paymate doesn't share any information with eb. The only problem Is that sometimes the customers credit cards doesn't go through, and disputes didn't work for me for non paid customers, due to them not paying with paypal, so I was still stuck with paying seller fees. Don't expect to call them, and talk to a employee, you'd be better off emailing them, because they never pick up the phone.
Old 06-28-2011
Banned

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dfuzion View Post
I wanted to know if I open a Paymate account and link it with eBay will the information on the account be shared with eBay like the way PayPal shares it's information with eBay?
No, I'm a long time user of Paymate so I know of what I speak, and no, they don't provide any information to eBay unless the seller is an obvious fraud. Guys like the posters to eBay Forums a year ago are among those. 5 or 6 guys that got caught in fraudulent activity by Paymate, and posted over and over again under different names. Made it look like a bigger deal than it was, but obviously they're gone now.
Old 06-28-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
Paymate doesn't share any information with eb. The only problem Is that sometimes the customers credit cards doesn't go through, and disputes didn't work for me for non paid customers, due to them not paying with paypal, so I was still stuck with paying seller fees. Don't expect to call them, and talk to a employee, you'd be better off emailing them, because they never pick up the phone.
Really? I never have a problem getting them on the phone nor do my customers. I do high 5 figures with them every month. Recently, my business was clobbered by the tornadoes in Missouri. My customers weren't getting their shipments and began posting negatives on eBay about me. Knowing I was in trouble they contacted my customers and told them what was happening to me. Buyers removed negatives, and they took care of chargebacks that came in, and I didn't eat any of them. Not sure what else you can get from a payment provider, and I'm not sure what happened to you, but my experience doesn't match yours at all.
Old 06-28-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
There is all sorts of drama on the E-Bay PayPal Forums, with complaints about PP and Paymate.So you should check it out to get more than just my opinion. Just do a search for "Paymate" and look for post from about a year ago to present.

To sum up the situation. A lot of the sellers were cheering on Paymate as a alternative to PP. Paymate was selling itself as a payment service more seller friendly than PP. About 10 months ago Paymate froze all sellers funds without warning, due to problems they were having with their payment processor. Instead of paying out of their pocket for their problems, they just held all the sellers funds.

Needless to say the sellers weren't too happy about this and you can read all the post on E-Bay that haven't been deleted. You can also read post about this on this complaints site..

paymate | ComplaintsBoard.com

So Paymate's rep is probably worse than PP's with about 1/1000000 the number of customer accounts. They might have looked at PP's business plan and figured they could do a better job than PP at messing with sellers. Other than that, the company doesn't have much going for it.

There aren't a lot of new complaints about the company, but I wouldn't trust them with holding of any of my money!
You know I never, ever bother doing postings on any of these Boards, as anyone that can type is entitled to an opinion, but given what these guys have done for me, personally, and my business I feel compelled to do it. The same 5 or 6 guys that posted over and over on eBay using different ID's are the same smucks that posted on the Board you provided a link to. I had concerns with it myself a year ago and discussed it with Paymate. Maybe you should do the same so you're not just slashing and burning unless of course you're one of the frauds that made both sets of postings. Think about it. One of the postings said one of the executives stole money to have a sex change operation. Really???????????????
Old 06-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,910 Times in 8,203 Posts
Activity: 99%

@eskimo99, you're doing high 5 figures every month - your experiences all over must be solid. Hope to hear more from you.
Old 06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimo99 View Post
You know I never, ever bother doing postings on any of these Boards, as anyone that can type is entitled to an opinion, but given what these guys have done for me, personally, and my business I feel compelled to do it. The same 5 or 6 guys that posted over and over on eBay using different ID's are the same smucks that posted on the Board you provided a link to. I had concerns with it myself a year ago and discussed it with Paymate. Maybe you should do the same so you're not just slashing and burning unless of course you're one of the frauds that made both sets of postings. Think about it. One of the postings said one of the executives stole money to have a sex change operation. Really???????????????
Yes really! Before you worked for Paymate, did you work for Enron?

Instead of trying to divert attention from the problems Paymate has by attacking me, provide some facts instead

Here's a story on the payment holds...

Some eBay Sellers' Payments Being Held Due to Paymate Transition

Some Paymate sellers are experiencing payment holds after the company transitioned to a new bank and payment processor last month. Payments for transactions prior to September 17 are being held for up to 6 months by Paymate's previous financial partner based on account reviews for those sellers' accounts.

Here's the Auction Byte survey of all the payment processor's. Paymate has the distinction of being the only company that's rated worse than PayPal.

Sellers Choice Awards: Rating the Online Payment Services

AuctionBytes 2011 Sellers Choice Ratings
Payment Services
Overall
Amazon Payments 6.504
Google Checkout 7.142
Paymate 3.768
PayPal 4.600
ProPay 4.988
Skrill
(MoneyBookers) 7.002

Background
We asked respondents to indicate all of the places they sell online; eBay drew the largest percentage (77%), and a significant number also sell on their own ecommerce website or storefront (39%) or other venues, including Bonanza, Craigslist, eCrater, Amazon.com, Etsy, eBid, Half.com, ArtFire, Webstore, iOffer, Atomic Mall, Delcampe and others. (Many respondents are multi-channel sellers, so the answers are not mutually exclusive.)
Old 06-29-2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
Yes really! Before you worked for Paymate, did you work for Enron?

Instead of trying to divert attention from the problems Paymate has by attacking me, provide some facts instead

Here's a story on the payment holds...

Some eBay Sellers' Payments Being Held Due to Paymate Transition

Some Paymate sellers are experiencing payment holds after the company transitioned to a new bank and payment processor last month. Payments for transactions prior to September 17 are being held for up to 6 months by Paymate's previous financial partner based on account reviews for those sellers' accounts.

Here's the Auction Byte survey of all the payment processor's. Paymate has the distinction of being the only company that's rated worse than PayPal.

Sellers Choice Awards: Rating the Online Payment Services

AuctionBytes 2011 Sellers Choice Ratings
Payment Services
Overall
Amazon Payments 6.504
Google Checkout 7.142
Paymate 3.768
PayPal 4.600
ProPay 4.988
Skrill
(MoneyBookers) 7.002

Background
We asked respondents to indicate all of the places they sell online; eBay drew the largest percentage (77%), and a significant number also sell on their own ecommerce website or storefront (39%) or other venues, including Bonanza, Craigslist, eCrater, Amazon.com, Etsy, eBid, Half.com, ArtFire, Webstore, iOffer, Atomic Mall, Delcampe and others. (Many respondents are multi-channel sellers, so the answers are not mutually exclusive.)
Hmmm. I don't remember attacking you. I spoke of my experience only, and what I know to be the facts. The "really" comment only had to do with the ridiculous post on Complaints. Since you are into numbers why don't you go back to that Board and look up PayPal. I think you'll find tens of thousands of posts. Anyway, some of my money was held for a period of time as well, but I got it all back, as I reckon the others that were affected did as well.

Cute. Enron. What an appropriate analogy..... No, I don't work for Paymate, but am simply a happy customer. Nobody surveyed me or the results would have been different. The question is which one of the 5 guys you are that posted the aforementioned foolishness? By the way, I would never waste my time attacking a pathetic, unemployed person who has nothing better to do with their time than post comments about things that happened a year ago. I'm done here. Unlike you, I have a job and a company to run. Good luck living in the past. It's obviously served you well.