Linked to another account: tricky ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-29-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Linked to another account: tricky ebay

Based on your account information and activity, it looks like user ID "***" is associated with your account. This usually indicates that both accounts belong to the same person.

Because the other account is restricted or otherwise not meeting minimum seller standards, we've changed the amount you can list on eBay.

You can now sell up to 10 items or up to $500.00 per month, whichever comes first. After 90 days, we'll reassess your account and may increase your limits based on your selling performance. You can also increase your limits sooner by resolving any open issues with the associated account. We've already sent instructions for resolving these issues to the email address registered to that account.

They are right, the user ID "***" was a stealth account that i made a long time ago. It was suspended and i was never able to sell on it again. Im just wondering how the hell did they link me when all the info was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

Last edited by SaiJin; 06-29-2011 at 12:58 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-29-2011

Longevity: 74%
Send a message via Yahoo to Ultimate

I had exactly the same situation with on "stealth" account that I bought from ***.com. I got this message around 2 weeks after account buying.

How I understand they sell me account with something same or similar account details info and after suspended one account , eBay suspended my.
I think You are in similar situation. Your was stealth account?
Old 06-29-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate View Post
I had exactly the same situation with on "stealth" account that I bought from ***.com. I got this message around 2 weeks after account buying.

How I understand they sell me account with something same or similar account details info and after suspended one account , eBay suspended my.
I think You are in similar situation. Your was stealth account?
Did you get the exact same message? Yes both of these accounts are stealth. I think my phone number linked these together. But It doesnt say im suspended yet, they just cut my limit from 100items a month to 10
Old 06-29-2011

Longevity: 74%

I had this happen with one of my accounts too =/ i cant explain it either. Basically its something deep in the system that matched up my two accounts that I didnt account for. Its only happened once so far though and I still have 7 other accounts =/
Old 06-29-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok in case anyone else gets into something like this here is what i got out of it. It was a rookie mistake. I had a stealth account about a year ago. It got suspended and i never saw it again. Deleted the user name and everything but i forgot to keep the details/info i used on that account. Now a month ago i made another stealth account which i was really happy with due to the $5000/100items selling limit on it after only letting it sit for a 25 days. But i used the same phone number on both of these accounts. So a heads up, remember the phone numbers you use. But i am still surprised that this account was not suspended. I decided to call eb*y and talk to them about it. I made sure to sound really confused and i acted like i know nothing about eb*y. Which i think helped a lot. The representative told me he could not tell me how the accounts were linked. After a couple minutes of talking he finally agreed to tell me that it was my phone number. I tried to convince him to release this limit and that there is no way i am linked to that account. He couldn't do it but he assured me that this account is not going to be suspended unless i violate any eb*y policy. He told me to keep selling and show them i am a good seller and after 90 days the limit will be lifted. Im actually starting to like eb*y now
Old 06-29-2011

Longevity: 75%

phone numbers are recycled nowadays so its a link, but not a definate one - therefore they had to give you the benefit of the doubt. They will be watching u tho - no matter how nice the eb rep was, so be very very good :D