we shouldnt have to resort to these tactics - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-29-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default we shouldnt have to resort to these tactics

I am all for making ebay safer and better but suspending sellers for things that are out of their control or buyers who have really unreasonable expectations is going to far. maybe what we can do is give them really low ratings when they ask us to survey their customer service or whatever. if they use that to rate their employees the same way they rate us then they should feel the effects. also we can unionize to stop selling on ebay for a week or two. I think we can all do that. If enough people do it then it should be felt in their pocket and this might also cause their stock to go down. and if we do it at least every other month then they will constantly feel the effects in their wallet. Investors hate it when there is a strong movement against their company and when there is a loss in revenue and for sure they will sell off making the stock fall. Only then they might listen. And to make things even simpler we should move to other sites to support the trade off of having to stop selling on ebay for a while, doing this could also help the account cool off if things get choppy in ebay. we can affect change but only if we organize to make things happen. It just seems like not enough people are willing to do their part. past boycotts failed because not enough people were willing to do their part. if not enough of us are willing to make the move then they will never change. they make us jump through hoops to prove that we are being scammed and sellers are always wrong even when we are right. but a buyer has all the power to do whatever they want. next move on their agenda might be to ship over night for free or if a buyer decides that they dont need it anymore then they get to return it with full refund. even return shipping. They are pushing too far and its time for us to push back. But nothing is gonna happen if we dont make the move. one sure fire way to survive from stopping sales on ebay for a while is by moving to other venues enough to make up for ebay sales, that way ebay can just be another venue to us. ebay has the most traffic but if we are in many other venues it should make up the traffic to our listings. also if we liquidate enough of our overhead we can have more than enough cushion to survive the ebay boycott. we are basically suspending ourselves from ebay for a while. and doing so with enough cushion to survive it. Ebay is way too big to survive not having enough income. So the only way that we can affect change is by affecting their income and that in turn will affect their stock. in the end its all about the money folks. or we could just keep making new stealth accounts if thats more easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to pitufin For This Useful Post:
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-29-2011
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Don't expect much of a response to your post.

1st) Because no-one whats to read a huge block of sentences without paragraphs.

...And the few who did read it.

2nd) Would not be willing to give up a entire week per month in the futile attempt to boycott eBay with no sales. Most here depend on their income as a means to support their-selfs and their families.

BUT: Good Luck on your endeavor.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
aspkin (06-29-2011), bansheezone (06-30-2011), Cashew (06-30-2011), GrannyT (06-30-2011), GreenBean (06-29-2011), izso (06-29-2011), MERMAID (07-01-2011), smellybelly (06-29-2011)
Old 06-29-2011

did not read that
Old 06-29-2011

I feel what you're saying OP but unfortunately you're fighting a lost cause I would love for that too happen and let ebay drop to their knees. also what does your name mean?

pitbull?
pufferfish?

a pit full of fun?
im just wondering
Old 06-29-2011

Longevity: 75%

hi
i suspect you're wasting energy on hating eb & pp - know that feeling well :D
Its pointless energy lost -u just have to grit yr teeth and put up with their crap.
Old 06-29-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

I once gave all 1's on one of their surveys. I was suspended indefinitely within a day of the survey.

I recommend not doing them...
Old 06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj355 View Post
I once gave all 1's on one of their surveys. I was suspended indefinitely within a day of the survey.

I recommend not doing them...
man that's unfair!
Old 06-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by expiredpeanutbutter View Post
man that's unfair!
Nope, that's EBAY.

Also, a word to the wise. Try to avoid EVER using their community boards.
That's death-city for sellers too.
Old 06-29-2011

woah - actually read the whole thing

I agree, it would be fantastic if a large number of high sellers 'put on the brakes', but I think a week might be a bit much - as it has been said before a lot of people rely on the profits to survive.

Side idea - what if there was a large group who said 'things need to change' and an example of the masses would be a 24 hour 'blip' of no sales, I think everyone here could agree that would not be too drastic of a hit for us sellers. Who knows, could be enough to get there attention but at the same time - in reality, I doubt it would make much of a change.

Here is to high hopes!
Old 06-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

we should not have to resort

toreading poststhat are alljumbled togetherjust 'costhey are made viacellphone
Old 06-29-2011

Longevity: 86%

I will be the first to say that it wouldnt work.....people tried it with the gas when it sky rocketed....nothing.....the only thing that comes to mind right now. The best way to get back at ebay is play along in THEIR game and make YOUR money.

Last edited by needhelpplease; 06-29-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 06-29-2011

Plus what people would do is take advantage of their "competition" NOT being there.....thus more sales for them.....
Old 06-29-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

eBay Sellers Union?
Old 06-29-2011

If you cant beat 'em.......JOIN 'em......Nothing in this world really runs on right and wrong anymore anyway.....if it did....we wouldnt be where we are at today.....whole 'nother descussion....MONEY rules/runs/controls the world...NOT morals and right/wrong....just the way it is....
The Following User Says Thank You to needhelpplease For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

TRUE and what everyone feels but really the same thing most 1st time posters say. You come in here and try to change the world as if its never been thought of. sorry OP but Posts just like this are weekly on here. Pretty much all the same.
Old 06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelpplease View Post
If you cant beat 'em.......JOIN 'em......Nothing in this world really runs on right and wrong anymore anyway.....if it did....we wouldnt be where we are at today.....whole 'nother descussion....MONEY rules/runs/controls the world...NOT morals and right/wrong....just the way it is....
to that
Old 06-29-2011

is a great revoultionary idea,unfortunly is like if my chihuahua dog try to beat a lion.

If just google could move their ass and make a very similar auction site like ebay,THERE is where we could push and make a massive move to google auction..Sigh.. :(
Old 06-30-2011
Threadstarter  

Default it starts with an idea

Funny greenbean. my screen name means smurf. only one i could come up with. I know it could be a lost cause but nothing ever happens unless we push for it to happen. clearly there are other venues that if they are tapped can equal the revenue we make on ebay if they are tapped all together. of course it takes a little more work. but arent we putting in that work anyways with ebay already? we could possibly double our revenue when we sell on other sites as well.

One clear solution is to stop buying from our suppliers for at least the time frame that we think were going to be boycotting ebay. And that should set off any revenue loss we will have for that time frame. Im pretty sure most of us have enough supply to withstand losing our accounts for one week even if we didnt stop buying form our soppliers. what we would be doing is giving ourselves a vacation of one week every one or two months. I know greed can be hard to give up but dont we all deserve to give ourselves a vacation every end of the month. it will jst be an organized vacation between all of us. the tourism indutry would certainly reap the benefits. ive hardly been buying from my suppliers and i still have enough to support myself. but for those that have families its probably a lot tougher. anyhoot. Thats my 2 cents.

hope thats better for you greenbean.

by the way cazador. my poodle once took down a large bull terrier that was supposed to be mean and fight trained.

The bullies only pick on the weak, until the weak fight back