Negative Balance - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-23-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Negative Balance

Hi, I created my PayPal Account to sell some items on a game that I stopped playing, I sold about $300 worth of items and used the money to buy Visa Gift Cards from Wal-mart. The Day after I order the Gift Cards I log into PayPal and see one of my payments was held($148) and that put my PayPal to $-148.00, I had a friend refund me some money which put my PayPal balance at around $-95.

All of the sales I did to get the money were legitimate, and legal. The held payment was because one of the people who bought items from me had his account limited. He's trying to get it fixed so I would get the payment un-held.

-------------------

What I had connected to my PayPal Account:

- Real Name
- Real Cell Phone Number
- Real Address
- Visa Gift Card
- ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Date of Birth

I would like to know, if I don't pay the money would paypal be able to do anything
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-24-2011
Threadstarter  

⊗⊗⊗⊗ Date of Birth

is meant to be

F A K E Date of Birth.

The only real info on my PayPal is my name, cell number, and address
Old 06-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclear0888 View Post
Hi, I created my PayPal Account to sell some items on a game that I stopped playing, I sold about $300 worth of items and used the money to buy Visa Gift Cards from Wal-mart. The Day after I order the Gift Cards I log into PayPal and see one of my payments was held($148) and that put my PayPal to $-148.00, I had a friend refund me some money which put my PayPal balance at around $-95.

All of the sales I did to get the money were legitimate, and legal. The held payment was because one of the people who bought items from me had his account limited. He's trying to get it fixed so I would get the payment un-held.

-------------------

What I had connected to my PayPal Account:

- Real Name
- Real Cell Phone Number
- Real Address
- Visa Gift Card
- ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Date of Birth

I would like to know, if I don't pay the money would paypal be able to do anything
Your name and details will always be tied to a suspended account so anything you do with similar details in the future will be under tons of scrutiny. They will send letters and call that phone tons of times (collection companies will)

I an not sure but if you registered the Visa with your ssn perhaps they can get it when it comes to legal issues, again, not sure.

just pay it off with small money orders if you have to. I would just to avoid the many phone calls you are going to get for the next couple years.

Plus why would you simply throw away a good paypal account that can be fixed pretty easily over that much money. Just pay it and fix the account.

You owe it so man up. If you let it go then you are just another one of the jerks that are causing us all to have so many hoops to jump though as well. Personally I am tired of the hoops I have to jump through to open a paypal account.
Old 06-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

For now, just relax. Paypal won't do anything for around 3 month (i think) if you don't pay up the negative balance. After a certain amount of time, they will try and charge the funds from your credit card or bank account. If that fails, collection agencies will be contacted. You have plenty of time to get your funds.
Old 06-24-2011

Longevity: 75%

would people not paying there fees and stuff make people like us who pay our fees and do everything right, for us it gets harder to make more accounts
Old 06-25-2011
Threadstarter  

The problem is, I made the PayPal so I could sell a few things online then I would stop using it. I sold the items I needed to, then somebody I sold to took a payment back.

I don't have the money to pay it back, nor do I have a way to pay it back.
Old 06-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Solid advice here - it will go to collections and you be harassed by phone calls.

@Kingray, your quote: I an not sure but if you registered the Visa with your ssn perhaps they can get it when it comes to legal issues, again, not sure.

Careful when it comes to hearsay - these kind of statements can get some less-versed people jumping ha.

Legally speaking, with investigation etc. they could but for $95? Think about the costs involved =)
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
bj355 (06-25-2011)
Old 06-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok, I will try to get the balance paid off, by seeing if I have anything to sell. If I can't I should only be worrying about phone calls, and letters right?
Old 06-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Good try to get it paid off.
Right thing to do.

Get the picture?
Old 06-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@nuclear, even though you used a f*ke birth date, your credit history could take a hit from delinquency - you would have to look a bit deeper into that.
Old 06-27-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@nuclear, even though you used a f*ke birth date, your credit history could take a hit from delinquency - you would have to look a bit deeper into that.

It could effect my credit if I only had my cell phone number, name, and home address on it?

The credit card I used on the account was one of those visa gift cards you buy for $30 from walmart.
Old 06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmoe7 View Post
would people not paying there fees and stuff make people like us who pay our fees and do everything right, for us it gets harder to make more accounts
Why would you need to make more accounts if you're doing everything right?

It's ppl making accounts with funny info that make eB crack down on honest sellers like that one that sells coupons.
Old 06-27-2011

You have to much real info on there to be worth stiffing paypal with the negative balance.

Do you really want all the calls, letters and suspension of linking to new accounts for $95?

Now if you were fully stealth you should refund payment and stick Paypal with the negative balance.
Old 06-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by besttimedeals View Post
You have to much real info on there to be worth stiffing paypal with the negative balance.

Do you really want all the calls, letters and suspension of linking to new accounts for $95?

Now if you were fully stealth you should refund payment and stick Paypal with the negative balance.

Yeah and be considered a criminal for fraud using the PO and US money.

You guys that seem to want to "stick" paypal with fees dont realise by doing everything stealthy and doing that type of activity is so illegal you would be surprised.

Stealth is fine but to use it to get over on a company like that for monetary gain is illegal in every way. its no different legally than using someones identity to get money. Plus you have the PO to deal with if pkgs were involved. Postal inspectors are brutal, I know a guy that used to do that. A joke really but they threw the book at people for small and large things.

Just pay the darn thing. quit worrying about whether or not they can find you.
Old 06-28-2011
Threadstarter  

I don't want to scam PayPal or anything but I sold the things I needed to sell, then spent the money, after I spent it one of my buyers got his payment refunded causing me to go negative.

I have no money I am able to pay the balance off with, and even if I did have money I don't have a way to pay the balance off.
Old 06-28-2011

If his balance is negative because he he did not ship an item, then yes, he should pay. However, if it because paypal reversed a payment or a buyer file a claim and sent an empty envelope with delivery confirmation to a random address in his town, then no he should not pay it back.
Old 06-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by besttimedeals View Post
If his balance is negative because he he did not ship an item, then yes, he should pay. However, if it because paypal reversed a payment or a buyer file a claim and sent an empty envelope with delivery confirmation to a random address in his town, then no he should not pay it back.
WRONG......

Paypal didnt sent the empty envelope. He has to be mad at the guys that would have sent it. Paypal isnt that person. He has to pay it regardless of how he feels it happened.

You say you cannot pay it. Get a job... sell your car, do what you have to do. send small money orders if you have to until its payed up. To say you simply have no way to pay is ridiculous. and you know it.

They clearly state the different way that a neg balance can be taken care of.
Old 06-29-2011
Threadstarter  

No, this is the reason the balance is negative:

I sold items on a game that I do not play anymore, a few hours after selling the items on the game I bought some things from Walmart.com, about a day after I bought the things from walmart, the person I sold the items to disputed his payment for unauthorized payment, and paypal held the money.
Old 06-29-2011

Quote:

I sold items on a game that I do not play anymore, a few hours after selling the items on the game I bought some things from Walmart.com, about a day after I bought the things from walmart, the person I sold the items to disputed his payment for unauthorized payment, and paypal held the money.
Doubt his paypal was truly hacked, but if it was paypal's insurance should cover it. Just send them proof you shipped to his confirmed address.
He has the item so it is between him and paypal and his credit card company now. Paypal hates to eat negative balance so they will try to steal it from you. Close the bank account attached and cancel the credit card linked to it.
All that is going to happen is harassing phone calls, so if you want to keep the phone number, make sure you can block incoming calls. That is why would should always use a tracfone or an unlocked phone were you can just throw away the sim card when its burned.
Old 06-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Paypal held the money from you and gave it back to the buyer correct? who has the item? Actually that doestn matter its something you have to take up with him. Paypal did what Their TOS says and you have to follow it to use their site. BUT when you (in legal terms) take their money then you havfe to pay it back. regardless of how YOU see this in your mind. I understand and would probably feel pissed too but you are expecting paypal to take the loss of a sale YOU had that went bad. Thats the simple way to put it.

Pay them.
Old 06-30-2011
Threadstarter  

The buyer has the item, and now has the money too.

The credit card I linked to the account is a gift card so PayPal can't do anything with that.

I don't want to pay them because the buyer paid for an item, then took the money back.
Old 06-30-2011

That's like going into wal-mart, buying an item, then going to the return desk and getting a refund and walking out with the refund and the item.
That guy just stole from paypal, so it is between him and them.

You will get harassing calls and all the info you used is burned on Ebay/paypal, but nothing will come of it. Move on to new stealth accounts.