Primary Postage Address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-07-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default Primary Postage Address

Hi, does anybody know how to delete this so it shows up as [address not on file]? ... Theres always one person who sends my goods to my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address instead of my paypal address, even though I go to great pains to tell them to send to my paypal address.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-07-2008

Longevity: 96%

Can't you just go it and change it? I changed everything last fall when a friend that I have helped out over and ver and over (get the idea) got really pissed at me for using his name and address (even though we had discussed it months earlier and he never told me not to)
Anyway, I went in and changed everything to 100% bogus stuff and just let the account die. I do not know of a way (is there one?) to ever changed the name on a Paypal account though.
Old 02-07-2008
Threadstarter  

I think you misunderstood me, when I buy things on eBay and the seller checks the transaction details, it shows something like "seller should post to: ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ADDRESS". Of course I don't want the item I just bought sent to a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address but my real address.

So I was wondering if it can be deleted to show [address not on file] like it does with the payment address.
Old 02-07-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI- I'm not aware of a way to completely black it out..
heres what I do--
A.) add note to seller in the paypal memo section-
"Hi- I will not be home till Easter, as I am staying with my Elderly Father, Please send to his home..at: 123 Main st Elderberry,USA 12345..
Thanks Bunches!
B.) I then ALSO- after the pp is done, go into my ebay-find that item won-- then contact the seller- and paste that same info there..
SO- that sellers getting it twice, to ship to me at alternate address..
HAVE only had 1-2 in last 5months that were probs..
Good Luck
Old 02-07-2008

Longevity: 96%

some times I will contact seller before hand and say that I am purchasing for a family memeber or even use the afore-mentioned out of town story and clear it with them if they can ship to a different address. Some are ok and some anal about it
Old 02-07-2008

why not make 1 account for buying stuff, that way you can avoid all this. and get a po box or something. unless you dont buy that often...
i usually just use my real named account for buying things.
Old 02-08-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the suggestions ebayhateluv & dogfaceboy, basically I do the same, include a message in pp and contact the seller about the change but still some sellers are idiots... in about the last 6 months I have had 3 auctions sent to my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address (I bet they were happy) and it's kinda annoying because I'm a pretty good bargain hunter on eBay and I get stuff for good prices.

The funny thing is I had one seller telling me that he was sorry but he 'checked' eBay FAQs and it was MY fault that I didn't update my eBay postal address and that he was completely in the right even though I sent him AT LEAST 3 messages regarding sending to my pp postal address before and after I paid. I said OK then, went to PP, opened 'Item not received' dispute, told them in a message that item wasn't sent to my pp address and no tracking and therefore never received. PayPal sided with me very quick and I got my refund.

The morale is sellers should be sure to listen to buyers requests and accept/reject them before they take payment, otherwise the savvy buyer will 'be in the right' and will probably get there money back. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
Old 02-08-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongMan View Post
Hi, does anybody know how to delete this so it shows up as [address not on file]? ... Theres always one person who sends my goods to my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address instead of my paypal address, even though I go to great pains to tell them to send to my paypal address.
Well on new ebay accounts when invoicing buyers, it'll let it be "[address not on file]" but when added I find no way to get rid of it. LiveHelp said I am allowed to change where I can blank it out and tell them to contact me for it and I did.

I assume you can do the same for buyer address. Then tell your seller to ship elsewhere.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-29-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-08-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
I assume you can do the same for buyer address. Then tell your seller to ship elsewhere.
The million dollar question is how can we do it for the buyer address, anybody else have any ideas?
Old 02-08-2008

Longevity: 93%

I was able to change my street address to UNKNOWN this morning. No number or anything. Still had to leave the city and state though, but now it shows as

Your name
UNKNOWN
Your town, state, zip

Oddly enough I was able to do it on my registration and shipping addresses. You would think thier system wouldnt allow it, but it did. Doubt it would work for a seller account though.
Old 02-09-2008
Threadstarter  

That's quite interesting happy.hell, I didn't think eBay would allow you to put a numberless street address. This might work, enough for the seller to go to paypal to check the address, unless they are particularly dumb and write UNKNOWN as the street address on the envelope...
Old 02-09-2008

jesus christ people are retarded. they really ship to your ebay address?! thats a scam waiting to happen.

have the addresses differ on ebay and paypal, then when the seller ships to your ebay address, do what you did and open item non receipt and since the seller didnt ship to your paypal address hes not covered under seller protection and therefore screwed himself.
Old 02-09-2008
Threadstarter  

I know ivegotinfo there are many ways to scam sellers but being a seller myself as well I would never steal peoples items like that, it's just wrong and it hurts the small seller more than you think.