Proven method for opening up a new UK sellers account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Proven method for opening up a new UK sellers account

BEFORE YOU READ (Update 20/03/08)

Please be aware, that the below guidelines will apply for every account you open. Now ebay requires a VERIFIED paypal account to be linked to every ebay account if you want to sell, it means that for every ebay account that gets suspended, you will need a new verified paypal account, thus needing to open a new bank account. So, think carefully before you setup your new account, read through ALL of the guidelines on the forum regarding clearing cookies, changing IP address, email address, etc. THEN proceed with my guide

Okay mantisinc, hit me with the info...

Hi guys,

I have seen a lot of success stories for opening a new US eBay accounts, but haven't heard any for UK. Well, I thought I would share how I did it, for the rest of the Brits having problems opening their account. Seems there are only a few Brits on here, so thought it would certainly be worth sharing how to go about it.

The first steps have already been discussed, so I won't repeat them. Includes changing IP address, creating new email account, entering address details, etc. Just do a forum search for them.

Then, set up an account with Prepaid Virtual VISA Cards by EntroPay. Very easy application process, and gives you an instant virtual card. Upload some funds with a genuine debit card; this will NOT be linked to your account, so it can be your genuine details. You can transfer a minimum of £5 to your virtual credit card, which is one of the great things about it. There are also no monthly fees, or anything of the kind. So, within about 5 minutes, you have an online virtual credit card, with funds, that you can use to setup your seller account.

For the landline number, this is even easier, and cheaper. Go to UK VoIP Internet Phone Service - VoIP PBX Switchboard and Telephony services, setup a free account instantly. Download the x-lite softfone, which will allow you to pick up the calls. You will need to enter your account username and password when installing the software, so any numbers attached to your account will ring on the installed phone. Then, on your account, click on the "Buy UK local number" link. You will then go through a selection process of what area code number you need, and it's beneficial to have the area code the same as the area in your ebay address. The number is about £2.50, so nothing that will harm your wallet. (When buying, it will ask you to verify your details by phone. It's fine, you will receive an automated call from voipfone, and just plug in the details on the phone that they ask you.) Well, that's your number bought.

Now, open up your softphone, and make sure it says you are connected. Now, try ringing your new number, and it will start ringing on your softphone. This means your number works!

Now, when you are setting up your sellers account, give them your new landline number. Your softtphone will ring, then click on the green button to pick it up. Listen to the verification number ebay give you, and jot it down. Then just enter it in your ebay account, and you are done.

This has worked for me, and I'm sure it will work for you guys to.

I'm nearly done with verifying my paypal account, when I have success, I'l share how I did that as well.

I hope this helps other guys out in the UK, certainly worked for me!

EDIT - AS FROM MARCH 2008

It now appears ebay require a bank account to be added to the ebay account in order to just OPEN the dam thing, along with a credit card and phone verification.

With the bank account, you NEED real details. But it's okay, the name of the bank account they ask you to enter can be different to the actual name on your bank account.(as 100% proven via paypal), but the bank account number, branch location and sort code must be real. It seems ebay let you enter ANY name, unlike paypal where the surname must the same as the name of the paypal account holder. They do not put deposits into your account like paypal, but just want the bank details. A pain, but it seems to be their new requirement. Pretty painless process adding the bank account though.

**Important information regarding bank Halifax** (20/03/08)

As notified by yeff, it appears that the Halifax web savers accounts WILL NOT WORK. Once the two deposits are initiated, paypal will not accept the bank account information. Why? I'm not sure. If I get more info, I'l update here. So something to bear in mind when choosing what account to go for.

What bank would I choose?
Well I'd choose Abbey. You can open up a secondary account under your main account, to save having to go to another bank and open up an entirely new account. The secondary account process is very easy, because they already have all your details. Simply pop into a branch and ask to open up a secondary account. Maybe other banks offer this, I'm not sure, but I know that Abbey 100% do.

But wait, there is more...

You also need to link a verified paypal account in order to start selling. And yes, this DOES mean that for every ebay account that gets suspended, you will need to create a new paypal account. So there's a warning in case you get some heart pain when the error message comes up.

Update 19/03/08 - Some information about being friendly at the bank

Some people seem to be concerned about opening up multiple bank accounts, which now, you will have to do for every ebay account/paypal account you get through. With all the accounts I open, I simply tell them **nearly** the truth. All I say is that I need to open up a new paypal account to help sort out my sources of income online, and for every new paypal account a separate bank account is needed. They ususally sympathise with the amount of trouble you are having trying to manage your income, and are more than happy to help you out!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mantisinc For This Useful Post:
giles890 (03-09-2011), jrd (11-19-2008), Lee (02-26-2010), tommybod (12-08-2008)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-08-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Well Done, old man, well done.
Old 02-08-2008

nice post again
Old 02-08-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Good stuff mantisinc, thanks for sharing.
Old 02-08-2008

being from the UK to i can verify this process does work as well (tried and tested on several eBay & PayPal IDs)

well done
Old 02-08-2008

pauluss how to do u verify a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal in UK?
Old 02-08-2008

* just open a new UK bank a/c that will allow & support a direct debit in your real name

* Add the new sort code & account number to UK PayPal

* Request the micro deposits

* 3 - 5 working days later - micro deposits appear

* Hey presto, bank account verified
Old 02-08-2008

Default Bank account

Mantisinc - Can you share with us how you got over the entering bank account details for registering to sell with ebay????
Old 02-08-2008

Jonas

Why you feel the need to inject useless crap into nearly each and every thread you come across

Take a step back, how much value does it add saying :

"I heard in the UK they have some gay stuff now............."

Firstly,

1. "i have heard" there is a british saying if you cant saying anything of use dont bother

2. This post relates specifically to UK the initial poster is from UK and wants info SPECIFIC to UK

3. addiing a comment like you just have may very well steer the topic to where it should. This relates specific the UK and should have UK only content in it

4. ANY new uk member or browser can see what is actually contained in this thread as relevent saliant material, but its getting bull of gay stuff now !

If aspkin is giving our yearly awards for dips**t numbnutted daft fookas can i propose you Jonas for gold medal - ffs ..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

off my soap box now and back to work

PAULUSS
Old 02-08-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauluss View Post
* just open a new UK bank a/c that will allow & support a direct debit in your real name

* Add the new sort code & account number to UK PayPal

* Request the micro deposits

* 3 - 5 working days later - micro deposits appear

* Hey presto, bank account verified
wow never really attempted it will give it a try if it deemed important..
Old 02-08-2008

Longevity: 95%

Paul..
I didnt read the post.. But maybe he was just trying to inject some humor??
I know myself--dealing with all the "Negativity" day in and day of having to be underground,,out of life gets hum drum..
--I dont know Jonas, so Im not sticking up for anyone, just throwing out a "benefit of the doubt"..
Old 02-08-2008
Threadstarter  

Jameswa29, as Paul has said, you can just setup a normal bank account in your name as you would normally, and enter the details of that in your paypal. Don't worry about the name difference (so I am told.)

I'm opening up an under 18's savings account this weekend, so I'l be able to get back to you on that one for sure.
Old 02-08-2008

the account you need to register MUST support direct debits

an under 18 saving a/c wont work

I have posted on several UK based posts the a/c must absolute must support d/d
Old 02-09-2008

Longevity: 95%

Paulus is quite correct, a tactic i use with my own accounts, is.. do not attempt to open to many "current" accounts." your bank requires credit searches.. I'm with RBS, open your first "savings account " with them, and they then let you have as many savings accounts as you want.. all with separate account numbers, and all you need to do, is call your bank tell them to open another account, and it's done right away... alternatively, register for internet banking, and you can sit for hours, opening fully workable uk accounts for either ebay or pp

scouse
Old 02-09-2008
Threadstarter  

Paul, it does support direct debits, I was told by the woman in the bank.
Also, my other account which I opened when I was about 14 was verified fine...so I only assume that accepted DD to.

Need to wait 7-10 days for my card/online banking details to come through though.
Old 02-09-2008

"...........so I only assume that accepted DD to

nice that ASSUMPTION is better than actual FACT & EXPERIENCE
Old 02-09-2008
Threadstarter  

Well, I can't tell you for certain, because I haven't been told it accepted direct debit. But I signed the account up for direct debit, received the deposits from paypal, entered them on my account, and verified myself.

So I think we can ASSUME that my account did accept DD :D

If not, then something must be seriously wrong...
Old 02-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisinc View Post
Jameswa29, as Paul has said, you can just setup a normal bank account in your name as you would normally, and enter the details of that in your paypal. Don't worry about the name difference (so I am told.)

I'm opening up an under 18's savings account this weekend, so I'l be able to get back to you on that one for sure.
But the thing is i dont need the account for paypal, i have all new paypal sorted. I just need new or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ bank account details to enter for selling on ebay, anyone any ideas??? I have searched on here but all seems to be for america.
Old 02-12-2008
Threadstarter  

Huh? You don't need bank account details for ebay. You just need a credit card. For that, you can sign up to www.entropay.com and setup a virtual credit card with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details.

Then all you will need to confirm is your landline number.
Old 02-12-2008

Default Bank Acc

Well this must be something new then, as when i created my new ebay id (tel no has been confirmed) it would let me create only a buying ID and not a selling one until i enter both a credit card and a bank account onto their system, without it i can register as a seller. Any clues???

Last edited by Modee; 07-02-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-12-2008

jamesws is right.. creating seller account sometimes asks for bank info too.. just dump that account and create a new id.. chances are u wont be asked for bank details
Old 02-12-2008

From looking at ebays help pages, they are now insisting all new sellers register a bank acc and credit card. So am a bit stuck really:(

Last edited by Modee; 05-22-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Closed Thread