Trouble with Belgium Customs - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-09-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Trouble with Belgium Customs

I have shipped a brand item to Italy at 9-5-2011. However the customs in Belgium hold my item. Because the buyer order we to report a lower value price at customs declaration, and then the customs think my item is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ item. Then I send a registered letter to Belgium Customs to tell them my item has the original serial number of this brand to prove it is not a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ item.

However the buyer open a dispute today at paypal for INR. The status of this item show that it is hold at customs.

What can we do now? Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chy123 View Post
I have shipped a brand item to Italy at 9-5-2011. However the customs in Belgium hold my item. Because the buyer order we to report a lower value price at customs declaration, and then the customs think my item is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ item. Then I send a registered letter to Belgium Customs to tell them my item has the original serial number of this brand to prove it is not a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ item.

However the buyer open a dispute today at paypal for INR. The status of this item show that it is hold at customs.

When I have had a package held like this I just did all I could to call them and talk to whoever I could. Also kindly ask the buyer to do it as well from their end. I am sure they will understand.

besides that there isnt much you can do. Paypal will side with the buyer since it doesnt show delivered. they dont care one bit. I have been there where it shows this and still lost it.

How much are we talking about losing on this if you did lose it? Just curious.
Old 06-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

1st NEVER put a lower value on the Customs declaraion just because a buyer 'orders' you. It's is your responsibility as the exporter to ensure the goods have the correct excise duties declared.

2nd: How or why did Customs of another country get to 'seize' the item? Usual story is that goods transit a country. For the goods to be held in another country says to me , there was something NOT right about them. Have you had problems with other exports? Yes or No will suffice.

3rd: I am sorry your goods got held. But if we get told half a story, then do you want us to give half help?

4th: You should be talking to the buyer & arranging whatever will make the buyer go away.

5th: Customs of another country will not care about the seizure. Expect the goods to be retained for months. Their excuse will be they are deciding to what to do. That means YOU need resolve your problem with buyer/paypal.
Cheers
Old 06-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank you for the suggestion!

Now I provide the PayPal Invoice (this with note the order from the buyer) which the buyer pay and the whole story to Belgium Customs.

In fact , when the buyer open dispute to claim back all her money to show that she don't want to take any responsibility at this case.

The value of the item is about US350. In fact , I think that I will total lost that with the shpping fee. I hope my item have a right decision not because the customs declaration value.
Old 06-17-2011

Longevity: 75%

i guess next time you should specify for items to which country because of strict customs you dont mark down item value, so the buyer know their tax liability before they buy...
Old 06-28-2011
Threadstarter  

My item has been released by the Belgium Customs and buyer receive it from the EMS status.
However the buyer has not closed the dispute at paypal yet.
Old 06-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

The dispute will auto close in a bit unless you wish to inform pp yourself.
Old 06-28-2011

Paypal will not give the money back to the buyer if it was delivered. It will be OK.
Old 06-29-2011

Longevity: 75%

u should contact pp imo
Old 07-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Hi
The trouble buyer change to claim SNAD
and then leave this message to me.

"I received the package today.
I know you're a good seller, 120 is shown by the positive feedback, but I was very disappointed when I saw a bag so precious was shipped in a plastic bag, without the care that the object had to have. definitely closed two months in that bag they carried my bag to be wrinkled and musty odor was strong. I am very sorry and please their decision to reimburse for this reason that I spent part of the costs. paypal asks me to return the item, but I prefer to keep it and get a partial refund, why should I send to my expense, and then I spent 32 euros for customs clearance and other costs should I spend on shipping. please find an agreement that suits both, I proposed a refund of $ 178.00 (the total with ship is 378) Tell me if you agree."

However I don't agree that with that
I am only accept she return the item and then refund (althought I will lost the shipping fee, she make me feel that she is very trouble) or she accept the item with no any fund.
Old 07-07-2011

Longevity: 80%

Had a similar issue when I sent a nikon camera to canada. The kept giving me the run around so after a few weeks i had enough. Luckily I insured the item for 2k. When I filed a claim the item was promptly delivered to buyer without any issues.
Old 07-07-2011

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Hi
The trouble buyer change to claim SNAD
and then leave this message to me.

"I received the package today.
I know you're a good seller, 120 is shown by the positive feedback, but I was very disappointed when I saw a bag so precious was shipped in a plastic bag, without the care that the object had to have. definitely closed two months in that bag they carried my bag to be wrinkled and musty odor was strong. I am very sorry and please their decision to reimburse for this reason that I spent part of the costs. paypal asks me to return the item, but I prefer to keep it and get a partial refund, why should I send to my expense, and then I spent 32 euros for customs clearance and other costs should I spend on shipping. please find an agreement that suits both, I proposed a refund of $ 178.00 (the total with ship is 378) Tell me if you agree."

However I don't agree that with that
I am only accept she return the item and then refund (althought I will lost the shipping fee, she make me feel that she is very trouble) or she accept the item with no any fund.
If you would like the item back then perhaps you should offer to cover their postage expenses.
Old 07-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mine View Post
If you would like the item back then perhaps you should offer to cover their postage expenses.
In fact I don't want the item back. However I will not refund any to buyer.

If she chose the item back. Now PP need her spend on the postage expenses to me first and she also lost 32 euros for customs clearance.