Paypal Limited Forum - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Send a message via AIM to fineart Send a message via Yahoo to fineart Send a message via Skype™ to fineart

In the past I have found that providing SS#s is not the only way.
These methods will only works about 30% of the time but worth a shot.

1. Send copy of tax returns all blocking my SS# but displaying my information.
2. Provide Pay stubs from My employer displaying my information and also blocking out my number.Must include Employees number but heck that's the easy part.
3. An Equifax credit report has worked before-Not as effective as the methods above. (had three accounts released that way.)

All DEPENDS ON THIS
Get the right person on the phone this will help and may get your account released.Ask for a supervisor. Due this over and over until you find the one willing to work with you.
At times i have had to speak to over 10 supervisors to have this done.It can work on the first try, but highly unlikely.Be Patient.
Perseverance may prevail when all else fails.DO NOT GIVE UP!!
This obviously would not work on a stealth account if you wanna play by the law.

Important IDENTITY THEFT CAN BACKFIRE UNLESS ITS TRUE.

If you claim identity safe they are laws that can be worked with in your favor providing it is true, if its not true do not even make the claim period.
If you do Paypal will require a police report dated at the time of the theft.If you do not have one you will never be released.
I hope this helps
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-30-2010

I have unsolved question, I hope somebody here may have a better solution.

Since at some point, the pp account will get a limit. I will not be able to "provide" a DL or other docs in the state when the purchased stealth account is located.
How can I lift it up when it's hit?
Is it a waste to purchase stealth pp accounts, if I give it up whenever it's limited?

Last edited by SaiJin; 08-30-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 08-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@Summerhill, if/when that point comes - you will need to be creative with the documents...necessity is the essence of creation as they say ha.

If you can't get through that than yes 180 days for you.

Your last question is really up to you - profit vs. loss...is it worth having X amount of money in limbo?
Old 08-30-2010

Thank you for your clear answer. I can be creative regarding the stealth accounts I made by myself, but rather difficult with an account purchased randomly. Sure, I will take this under my control and find out a way to manage it. If you know anybody has a tool to do the docs in whatever states, please PM me.
Old 11-03-2010

Longevity: 78%
Default Paypal have limited my access urrrr

Hi guys and Gals,

Anybody can help me I would appreciate it. I recently started trading on ebay, and just two days ago I logged into my ebay account and found that a message advising me that my account had been limited, and they wanted further information which I have supplied to the today.

I also followed this up with a call and spoke to very nice lady she was great she said taht I had supplied all the necessary documentation i.e. postage tracking numbers, invoices from supplier and photo id. She said she was going to now refer the case to the ''reviewing team'' tema who would get back to me within 24hrs.

The question I wanted to ask was realistically speaking how likely are they to reinstste my account.... ?? how quick can i start selling again.

Having read some of the threads on the forum it seems as though my account could have been possibly limited due to the fact I took £500 in sales in a space of a week and ebay prbably got shifty about this.

Can anyone who has maybe been in the same position help.

Thanks all

Tal (uk)
Old 11-04-2010

Longevity: 82%
Default Paypal have limited my access urrrr

Tal,

That's unfortunate. I really feel for you because this happened to me about a year ago & it was devastating.

If you are able to supply all of the information they are asking for then there is a very good chance they will reinstate your account. Its not a guarantee that it won't become limited again. You could ask them why they limited your account, but it doesn't guarantee an answer or solution.

The trouble with PayPal is different reps will tell you different things, and they probably won't guarantee you a time-line or that it will be "fixed" in an exact timeframe. It will be done when they get to it, basically.

IF you decide to be a full-time seller on Ebay & rely on them, it would be a good idea to checkout the eBay Stealth purchase. It will help you safeguard against getting your accounts taken down in case you one day rely on Ebay & PayPal for income.
Good luck to you.
f20
Old 11-11-2010

Longevity: 77%
Send a message via Yahoo to sam123

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy3181 View Post
I guess that's what I'm going to have to do at this point. However, no one is safe at this point. An account 12 years old, CC verified, address verified, phone number verified and two bank accounts verified ans they still insist on S.S. and paper back-up.... I have a BIG problem supplying my S.S., I was a victim of ID theft a while back and a number was done. They wanted me to give it to them over the internet? I really don't see what laws they are using to lock my funds, prevent me from withdrawing or even closing my account if I don't agree to their terms. I guess I'll give them my address and Id, if they insist on my S.S. I very well may have my Lawyer call their legal department and see where that ends-up. Does anyone have their phone numbers, so I can contact them after sending the two items in.

Thanks.....
You can find info. by logging into your paypal A/C and while clicking contact us link you will get contact info. I think system will generate a secure pin which is valid for 60 mins, also they may ask series of question to verify your identity.

I don't know about US but that what happen when you call from Asian countries, but be prepared for verification question.

Or you might want to fax them simply the information they want, don't send them by internet.

I guess Ebay & Paypal will demand for ID and verification process at one point, so better make more accounts, so that you are not locked up with funds when you are in need.
Old 11-24-2010

Exclamation getting back my money

I'm trying to recover almost US$2000 stolen via unauthorised transactions on PayPal. I have received notification that the dispute was resolved in my favour.I initially answered correctly a question about an earlier PayPal transaction & received a mail from PayPal saying that had freed my account.
When the money failed to reaapear in my account I went to the resolution site.
This is now demanding PhotoID & other sensitive information such as household bills in order to 'prove my home address' before the money is repaid into my bank account.
This seems like a scam to me that can lead to identity theft. Why would PayPal need my picture or even need my street address?
Is this genuine or is there a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ resolution site out there?
Old 11-25-2010

Hi Trigallus,
Sounds very frustrating. Sorry you are having to go through this headache with them.

Basically if you are out $2000 and PayPal hasn't given it back yet, you probably have little choice but to cooperate with what they are asking for. "Why" they are asking for this information unfortunately is not relevant--what is relevant is PayPal makes the rules. They are not a bank & therefore don't have to abide by any banking laws in the US or in your country. At this point its play by their rules or you're out of luck.
In the future its probably a good idea to not let so much money build up in your account, after having my own problems with PayPal last year when they held $1500 of my money, I will never let my balance get over $250 now without taking out money.

If you are concerned about whether the site is a hoax or not, I do not know of any hoax resolution sites so my guess is it really is PayPal that is asking you for this info. Of course this should be very easy to verify, because all you have to do is log into your own PayPal account (by typing the website DIRECTLY into your browser, not using a link from an email)....once you are in your own account on PayPal's site, it should be easy to see the information they are asking for in the resolution center. Again login directly into the website by typing PayPal.com into your browser, then you know you're on their site. Good luck to you.
f20
Old 12-14-2010

Default Paypal access limited

made a purchase on ebay where the seller told me the payment had been stopped as paypal did not think the money came from my account.

Then I realised my account had limited access.

Has anyone had this experience, before I go any further?
Old 07-07-2011

Longevity: 75%

Resurrecting an old thread to post my recent experience with PP.

Been member for several years, done alot of business through them. Maybe 25k, maybe more. All legit info on account, I dont sell VERO or anything bad. Im a good person

Somehow was connected to another account that wasnt me, but a co-worker. We had both accessed our respective accounts from the same workstation (at work)

Well ultimately the friends account was suspended, (he didnt even supply info to their requests, but just let the account die after its first limitation)

So one day I logged into my account to find that it had been limited until all issues with connected accounts were resolved. I called PP and told them about my work and how both accounts had been accessed from same PC yada yada. Eventually after calling several times I convinced someone to release the account. Then all was fine for a few weeks, but eventually they limited me for the same reason, I again got the limitation removed by explaining it as I had previously.

finally they asked for the credit check and proceeded to limit me again, but this time with the message this decision cannot be appealed. I called 10 plus times speaking to different people. Found out there was another appear process and tried that. This final appeal was also denied, so I appealed it again via the same method (calling in and begging) This is pretty hard when they wont even tell you why for sure you are limited. Well, again the appeal was denied.

Then I emailed all the execs I could find addresses for. I wrote a very long life story about my PP account and how I had been limited needlessly several times, and all about my work and everything I knew about my friend and coworkers account.

2 weeks elapsed.

Finally got a phone call... Someone at PP wanted to talk about my account. After a short conversation this person said my letter was received and checked into, and my store checked out. They did want to keep me as a customer after all. He thanked me for being a good customer and writing them to fully explain the situation.

BOOM! account back on, Credit check thing was no longer mentioned on account. Golden!

My advice to anyone with a real PP, that has been in trouble without good reason.

DONT GIVE UP!!! Keep calling, keep writing and explain your self truthfully and in detail and you may be surprised.
Old 07-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

What a very good experienced post - you certainly did push hard. E-mailing all the execs eh?
Old 07-08-2011

Longevity: 75%

When you know your in the right, and have really done nothing wrong it can motivate to push extra hard.

Honestly I had really given up on it, and was ready to go stealth.

But thought I should post to give other people in similar situation a little motivation to fight back.

The people in charge of security obviously get over zealous and make decisions that are not in pp's best interest, and thus can be overturned by a higher power.
Old 03-27-2012

As far as I know they will never call you. The account will sit as limited & once in a great while you will get an email from PayPal reminding you to clear your limited account. That's been my experience as I have a limited acct that has sat that way for over a year.
Closed Thread