***SUSPENSION// ALGORITHMS*** Changed--EFF. 2-3-2008 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-03-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Arrow ***SUSPENSION// ALGORITHMS*** Changed--EFF. 2-3-2008

HI- Just a Note for all the "un-believers" out there.. Ebay has changed up AGAIN... I have many "throw away" accts I experiment with..
-- 2 accts down last nite, after 2 weeks of successful listing , with only -1- item.. Here's what happened--BEWARE....

****NEW Ebay logarithms --2-3-2008!!

FYI-- After several Months of Experimenting with Different accts-
Using different Debit Cards, Diff ips, Diff States to access accts..
Here are my findings:
a.) THey Have DEFINITELY changed up their Logarithms....
For Example:
-- Back in December- I could use a New Acct.,
LIST several items, no problems..
b.) As of January, When I did this- Got several accts. suspended--"Abusing Ebay"
c.) Tested several things to see why?
CONCLUSION:
--Could only list 5 day + 7 day auctions on accts with -0- fb..
--OK, so changed this up, accts stayed active..
d.) KEEP IN MIND-- pics diff/descripts, etc.. the whole shooting match different..
e.) Feb1- ok, Feb2- ok
f.) Morning of Feb, 3-- 2 accts gone down-- why??
g.) Again-- a SUNDAY.. first of all. (when the Loss Prevention team seems to be strongest+
When I guess they have a FULL staff of Trust + Safety Workers)
h.) WELL- still have other accts, SHARING THE SAME IP--but NOT down--WHY?
i.) These Particular "2"Accts did this:
1.) Bid on an item 1st-- got past the 1st ABUSE possibility-- that was happening in late Dec/Early Jan...
2.) Listed 1 item- ran all week-SOLD
3.) Listed 2nd item, + 3rd item--- Ran all week--SOLD
4.) **I GOT GREEDY-- Listed 11 items, with -0- FB.. Went down, As a Matter of FACT-
Items listed from like 11:01PM....till 11:16PM< at EXACTLY 11:17PM, SUSPENDED...
SUMMARY--- DO NOT TRY TO LIST MORE THAN A COUPLE ITEMS WITH -0- FB ANYMORE! Especially if theyre high ticket...

Old 02-03-2008

Longevity: 96%

ebayhateluv i m sure you are missing on something here.. i have listed 25items with 0 feedback accounts a couple of days back.. no problem so far.. all good to go.. that account was registred in october07 and i never bought anything on that.. it was just a dormant account when all of a suddent i listed 25 items with turbo lister... and i have some bids on those items as well .. i have never seen abusing ebay message once... i m in uk maybe thats why? some different set of operations maybe ??? :?
Old 02-03-2008
Threadstarter  

HI-- BUT... I'm Testing "NEW" accts, from 1 day to 29 days old... (As this will be what MOST of the users here will be doing)...
I am trying different things- to help Folks avoid pitfalls + "I" want to know what sets off the Triggers...
Getting close.. )
Old 02-03-2008

aaah i c.. ok thats good to know.. well i would suggest you not to lose so many accounts.... save them and cycle on them keep rotating... my new strategy is this.. build feedback upto 50 then rotate to the other accont making the previous one dormant for another 3 months.. it will dissipte all the heat (if it had accumultated any once u come back raise feedback to 100 than give it a cool lolz may sound funny but it is a very good tactic not to lose accounts and have accounts with good feedbacks as your backup
Old 02-03-2008

Longevity: 94%

i have a fairly new account (2 weeks old) ive listed several 3 day auctions, some 5, and i havent had any problems yet.
Old 02-03-2008
Threadstarter  

K1-- Have you listed more than 10 items, after 2-1-2008 on a new acct? 1-3 weeks new, -0- fb..??
Old 02-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
HI-- BUT... I'm Testing "NEW" accts, from 1 day to 29 days old... (As this will be what MOST of the users here will be doing)...
I am trying different things- to help Folks avoid pitfalls + "I" want to know what sets off the Triggers...
Getting close.. )
:D ONYA! What you post is a great help. Thnx.
Old 02-03-2008

Quote:
K1-- Have you listed more than 10 items, after 2-1-2008 on a new acct? 1-3 weeks new, -0- fb..??
yes i have
Old 02-03-2008

good post, thanks for taking the time to experiment.
Old 02-03-2008
Threadstarter  

HI, MOdee, all the items were NON- threatening, 99 cent auctions, would fetch maybe $29-$49..
That's my point,, SOMETHINGS CHANGED in the last few days ????
(Gotta be the 11 listings in 10-15 mins time frame)... OR, they have a new rule-- 1 list per 1 fb?? for newbies??
SEE_ the funny thing, have another acct on EXACT ip, not down, still, but has 18 fb, only 4 listings, and 1 of those ARE VERO.. so didnt make sense..

>> HERES ANOTHER THING.. (Have thought about this for YEARS, but kept to myself)>>>
a.) Accts Created in CA, STAY UP the longest... WHY?? (maybe because theyre in San Jose?)- dont know, BUT.. Ive had accts in CA, thats done alot of rule "bending",, still up
b.) WHEN creating accts-- "IF" theyre in CA, +++ AND they have a NON- U.S. Name, i.e. Woo, Chong, Fong, Etc.. they Normally Do NOT need a cc.. and THESE also STAY UP longer..Now why??
(afraid of discrimination?----- Thats what their Core staff consists of? --- )
Dont know... BUT its TRUE..
--I have FACTUAL accts, that have BOTH qualities, still UP! (these accts have done Everything the East Coast + MId ATlantic accts have done, that went down..)
-- ALSO.. Even 1 CA acct, Wong FU.. has been tested to what I thought was the limits.. i.e. listed 20 items in less than an hour..
---has "shill bid", has ran up ebay fees... still up.. WHY??

__OK< who's selling tickets on the next flight to LA?? )
Old 02-07-2008

so ebayhateluv whats the motto of the whole story ??? too much experimenting and confusion.. now we are waiting for your results
Old 02-07-2008
Threadstarter  

The MORAL of the Story... I guess BEWARE, of EVERYTHING you DO..
--BE CAREFUL, and only start out listing a few items, if not in the West Coast,
--If on the West Coast, seems to be able to be alittle more Risque`...
--ALSO:
I would NOt duplicate a pattern of listing on 2 new accts at once, in case 1 goes down,
_- i now change up , if creating 3 accts - for say comic books, 1 acct lists from houston texas, uses usps exclusively,
--another act lists without auctiva, from dayton, ohio and uses ups
--the 3rd acct lists from washington dc, uses both shipping.
(this way if 1 triggers the abusing, the other 2 should still be up)..
And all 3 accts created the same week , but diff internet cafes, states, will all be using diff debit cards, diff address styles, diff phone styles...

ALSO--- 2/8/2008-- I have NOTICED, that when you go in and BLOCK a Buyer, and SET your BUYER requirements to BLOCK buyers,,, results in ABUSING.. I am feeling NOW-- this is the ABUSE im getting... I just used 3 accts--same ip, BLocked buyers on 1 acct at 6:10PM,
at exactly 7:14PM- suspended Abusing..
--If i go back to my data, EVERY single acct- I Blocked Buyers with less than 5 fb---as i had a fierce Competitor after me...
>> This has gotta be a FACTOR..
Old 02-07-2008
Threadstarter  

HI- OK, verified through another Source..

--The "ABUSING" I've been getting.. Has been coming from:
a.) Going into Buyer Requirements--Blocking Buyers from bidding....
** This has Also- been verified by me going back through all accts Suspended for this reason for the last 5-6 months.. All of them Share now ONLY 1 thing.... Blocking Buyers.....
Old 02-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

Also ebayhateluv, i had accounts suspended for abusing but just adding too many names to your blocked bidder list. It is like they dont want you to block anyone?
Old 02-07-2008
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

I think the idea is that, if you really were a "newbie" you shouldn't have any idea of which members to block right off the bat.. You can probably block bidders as long as you take your time, don't do it too quickly.. but that's just my guess. I know for a fact that I did it with one of my older powerseller accts.
Old 02-08-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
HI, MOdee, all the items were NON- threatening, 99 cent auctions, would fetch maybe $29-$49..
That's my point,, SOMETHINGS CHANGED in the last few days ????
(Gotta be the 11 listings in 10-15 mins time frame)... OR, they have a new rule-- 1 list per 1 fb?? for newbies??
SEE_ the funny thing, have another acct on EXACT ip, not down, still, but has 18 fb, only 4 listings, and 1 of those ARE VERO.. so didnt make sense..

>> HERES ANOTHER THING.. (Have thought about this for YEARS, but kept to myself)>>>
a.) Accts Created in CA, STAY UP the longest... WHY?? (maybe because theyre in San Jose?)- dont know, BUT.. Ive had accts in CA, thats done alot of rule "bending",, still up
b.) WHEN creating accts-- "IF" theyre in CA, +++ AND they have a NON- U.S. Name, i.e. Woo, Chong, Fong, Etc.. they Normally Do NOT need a cc.. and THESE also STAY UP longer..Now why??
(afraid of discrimination?----- Thats what their Core staff consists of? --- )
Dont know... BUT its TRUE..
--I have FACTUAL accts, that have BOTH qualities, still UP! (these accts have done Everything the East Coast + MId ATlantic accts have done, that went down..)
-- ALSO.. Even 1 CA acct, Wong FU.. has been tested to what I thought was the limits.. i.e. listed 20 items in less than an hour..
---has "shill bid", has ran up ebay fees... still up.. WHY??

__OK< who's selling tickets on the next flight to LA?? )

That's unbelievably. So if you're of asian descent you don't need a CC to sell. lol! Of course when you sign up now you need to a cc just to be a member.
Old 02-08-2008

So how long do you have to wait before you can set it to block people?

Eventually ebay will let you. But when?
Old 02-08-2008
Threadstarter  

HI- I have another acct at 25 fb, blocks have been set--have been waiting for it to go down, but it hasnt,, so Im think maybe back to that magic fb of '10"??
Old 02-08-2008

Quote:
HI- I have another acct at 25 fb, blocks have been set--have been waiting for it to go down, but it hasnt,, so Im think maybe back to that magic fb of '10"??
Hmm so 5 feedbacks have confirmed to go down?

Also has anyone confirmed blocked bidder list also does it or just buyer requirements?

It might just be a specific buyer requirement. Like if you force buyers to have a GayPal account linked, ebay will probably let it stand because ebay wants to force GayPal on everyone.
Old 02-08-2008
Threadstarter  

HI- Havent tried at 5,, never get past -0-.. LOL )
NOW,, I know why Ive been loosing so many accts. + hopefully the posts help some folks who are less fortunate and have only 1 acct to not get tricked and shut down..
Old 02-08-2008

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
It does depend on what you sell though. Low risk, under $100. items, EBAY could care less how many or what length auction you sell.
I can confirm that, listed just under 100 items on a less than 30 day account with 0 fb recently.
Old 02-09-2008

Recently saw someone with o FB hab 48 items listed including Versace, Armani and Chanel.
How long do you think that account will last?