eBay new strategy is not going to work out for them - here's why. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default eBay new strategy is not going to work out for them - here's why.

We all know the reason for eBay's new rules of holding funds based on feedback, DSR, etc. is designed to get rid of the small sellers and attract more big sellers instead.

Of course, it's easy for them now to create an exodus of small sellers and only keep it attractive for powersellers, even though they make life difficult for the lowbie powersellers too.

Why do I think it's not going to work? Sooner or later, powersellers will be affected too and they will slowly start to leave, one by one. That's where eBay's bet is wrong. By making it difficult for the smaller sellers, their base of powersellers will slowly but surely shrink and there goes their business.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-11-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Less competition for the big sellers doesn't make them want to go away. How will powersellers be affected?
Old 02-11-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

From what I read, the criteria for staying a powerseller has been increased too. I know a lot of powersellers who can't meet a 4.8 across the entire DSR.
Old 02-11-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

i told you all this was coming.. I told you I have a friend who has a friend who works for Ebay and she told him everything thats happening now with Ebay but nobody listened to me..

Ebay is getting rid of small sellers and only want like top powersellers on there and some big corps..I'm not mad at them. Its their website and they can do what they want, you dont want nobody telling you how to run your business right??? But then again alot of you on here are a bunch of hypocrites whether you know it or not..

Unless this boycott thing works out the Ebay fad is over. Its best to prepare your own website and quit using Ebay as main income source
Old 02-11-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

But the weird thing is they're going after powersellers too.
Old 02-11-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Its just a front..Even if that was so what would be their purpose behind it all? maybe just to hold paypal money to earn interest off??
Old 02-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
We all know the reason for eBay's new rules of holding funds based on feedback, DSR, etc. is designed to get rid of the small sellers and attract more big sellers instead.

Of course, it's easy for them now to create an exodus of small sellers and only keep it attractive for powersellers, even though they make life difficult for the lowbie powersellers too.

Why do I think it's not going to work? Sooner or later, powersellers will be affected too and they will slowly start to leave, one by one. That's where eBay's bet is wrong. By making it difficult for the smaller sellers, their base of powersellers will slowly but surely shrink and there goes their business.
But then there will be more powersellers that come along to replace those powersellers. Ebay knows no matter what they do they'll always have a steady stream of sellers. Look at how many ppl they've suspended compared to a year ago. Now they're implementing these stupid idea that will get rid of even more sellers! When you're a monopoly you can do whatever you want.
Old 02-11-2008

Longevity: 95%

Ballsack:
I feel you are right.. I have been perusing the site the last week or so, looking at my competition that is still there...Wondering why they survived?
--I also look at some of the fedback, and I see all the "no longer a registered users"..
>> ALSO--Factual, I believe they have taken a "hands off" approach to the accts that are older, somehow?? Havent figured the system out yet..
BUT.. I see accts that are 7-10 yrs old,, getting away with veros, etc..
-- I have a 10 yr acct- selling odd ball stuff, but afraid to list a vero )
Old 02-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

ebayhateluv you are right, older accounts are getting away with vero items. I understand you dont want to loose a 10 yr acct for vero, that is priceless!
Old 02-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

Hasn't this been established already? I saw two identical items on ebay with identical titles and descriptions. Both are copyright violations. Pretty sure it was the same seller since they went up one right after the other. One got taken down in 5 days and other stayed up till the end. Difference? One account was a few months old with only one feedback. The other was 4 years old with 136 feedback.
Old 02-12-2008
Banned

Longevity: 95%

20 years ago I was in the auto wholesale/auction game, and while it is not a direct apples to oranges comparison, I see many similarities of how the big auctions ran themselves into the ground and ebay's current misguided direction.
There was a well know auction house around here that had 6 lanes running, nice customer service, took care of the little guy, then the market really boomed. They started to cater to the big sellers/dealers with the huge number of trade ins and large volume, soon the added 6 more lanes and the smaller sellers had a rough time getting early numbers for there products to sell. Eventually a lot of smaller sellers moved on, to other auction houses and within 2-3 years they were back down to 6 lanes, begging for the little guys to come back, because they were the ones that were purchasing from the big dealers. Now it is mostly foreign buyers who buy there and ship to their country to resell, but the auction houses profit margins took a big hit, resulting in huge fees for the remaining big volume sellers.
Only problem is there is really no other Ebay type auction place for us small seller to go, but eventually most will find another alternative or leave the business entirely.