Ebay wants link paypal account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-10-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Ebay wants link paypal account?

Another twist and turn.. I have my own merchant account now and ebay is asking me to link a paypal account and has a seller limit placed on my account..What should I do? I don't have a paypal account to link..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-10-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
At what point is it asking to link? I was asked this only when I tried to sell certain items internationally before I had built up enough feedback.

How new is this EBAY account of yours?
Well my feedback is is at 60/7 moth old account and i'm not trying to sell internationally. I was trying to revise an item and i saw the seller note at the bottom of the page.

it will probably just go away like when they told me I had an listing limit.
Old 04-11-2007
Threadstarter  

Any suggestions?
Old 04-26-2007

Default HELP! What to do?? Restricted account! EBAY WANTS ME TO LINK PAYPAL

In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. Your eBay account has been restricted from listing this item at this time until you have verified through PayPal.

1) To verify your PayPal account, click on your country of eBay registration below to understand how to complete that process.

2) If you already have a verified PayPal account, and are still receiving this message, you need to link it to your eBay account.

-----------------------------
Received this error today. Listed about 70 new items on $.20 listing day against my better judgement and now I must link my paypal account to my ebay account. My Paypal account IS verified, however is not linked and I'm afraid once I do so my account will get suspended. Anyone else have this problem?? Maybe a new PP account and then verify it??
Old 04-26-2007

I had this problem when I tried to list X brand name, basically I just didn't list X brand anymore and sold Y brand. It's better than getting suspended.
Old 04-26-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Aye, you don't want to link your accounts if your Paypal account has been linked to a suspended eBay account in the past. That'll instant suspend your current account.
Old 04-26-2007
Threadstarter  

Aspkin, so should we create a new paypal account and link it too ebay ?

Does paypal check the name of the bank account owner when they verify an account?
What all do paypal share with ebay when accounts is linked? Do they share all paypal accounts connected to the linked paypal account?

That just happen to me today as I speak. I got to about 40 items before it restricted my account for x certain brands...I still listed the items and worked around it..
Old 04-27-2007

So, if I create a new Paypal account under someone elses name, then if I link that email, would I get suspended since it is not the same email as in my other auctions?
Old 04-27-2007

Longevity: 98%

when i put my new email in my listing,is this mean i link my PP with Ebay ?
Old 04-27-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPUGEEK View Post
Aspkin, so should we create a new paypal account and link it too ebay ?

Does paypal check the name of the bank account owner when they verify an account?
What all do paypal share with ebay when accounts is linked? Do they share all paypal accounts connected to the linked paypal account?

That just happen to me today as I speak. I got to about 40 items before it restricted my account for x certain brands...I still listed the items and worked around it..
To tell you the truth, I'm not 100% sure on this. I can guess, but I rather not do that. I believe Modee has done this with a bogus Paypal account; maybe he can give you more insight to your question.
Old 04-27-2007

Paypal can't verify any info from your bank. They just make you verify it's yours with a deposit.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-27-2007

MODEE: Do you have experience with a workaround for this situation? Ie, basically follow the guide only for a Paypal account? Tricky part would seem to be getting a verified address...
Old 04-28-2007

I am unclear on the whole linking of paypal and ebay thing. How exactly do the two account get linked?? what process causes this to happen??
Old 05-03-2007

My PayPal is totally new and never used with a different Family name but will have a address used on a Ebay account in the past which was suspended..

It is already verified.. can I link it to my new Ebay account? or will it give away info to my new ebay account which is totally new.

EB
Old 05-03-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by btb View Post
when i put my new email in my listing,is this mean i link my PP with Ebay ?
I can tell you that I did that for 6 months and was never linked.
Old 05-03-2007
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by temps425 View Post
MODEE: Do you have experience with a workaround for this situation? Ie, basically follow the guide only for a Paypal account? Tricky part would seem to be getting a verified address...
There is now way to work around a paypal account. To get verfied with paypal all you have to do is verify your bank deposits.

So what I did is open a brand new paypal account with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info but real bank info and verfied the deposits and I link the account to ebay so that I can sell more. But I still do not offer or accept paypal and I make that clear in my listings Just becuase ebay wants you to link verified paypal account doesnt mean you have to accept it..
Old 05-04-2007

I have a new verified paypal account maybe with the banned address(I will check later). Is it OK to specify in listings payment by paypal only or paypal and visa/mastercard? I prefer this to waiting for checks to clear. Also if I took payments by check I would have to give my banned address and that may get me suspended.
Old 05-04-2007

I have just dicovered that if you goto your paypal profile, there is a link called Auctions. I found my ebay id and some paypal preferences there. Does this mean my ebay and paypal were linked?? I removed it imeadiately when I saw it.
Old 05-05-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayHater View Post
I have just dicovered that if you goto your paypal profile, there is a link called Auctions. I found my ebay id and some paypal preferences there. Does this mean my ebay and paypal were linked?? I removed it imeadiately when I saw it.
Hmm I just noticed that as well. The strange thing about it is out of my 40 or so eBay accounts I've created. Only the two I've actually linked to the Paypal account are there. It very well seems your accounts are linked. But the question is, has you Paypal account been linked to a suspended eBay account in the past? If not, you should be okay then. Good Find!

This also gives me some new angles to check out. What if we remove the users from Paypal? Does it make it safe to link again? Paypal and eBay are retarded in this sort of way. Interesting...
Old 05-05-2007

I checked as well and I had 2 previously suspended accounts on there from ages ago. I removed them obviously!

Also I got a phone call from paypal asking who my suppliers were and what method I used to send out my stock. any idea what that was about?
Old 05-06-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
I checked as well and I had 2 previously suspended accounts on there from ages ago. I removed them obviously!

Also I got a phone call from paypal asking who my suppliers were and what method I used to send out my stock. any idea what that was about?
Ack, I had that call. Just say what you think they want to hear. If you say the wrong thing, they could limit your account. Though I forgot what I've said it was so long ago.
Old 05-06-2007

I gave them the name of whom I really do buy from - a reputable wholesaler with a nice website etc.

told them which method I use to ship and that funnily enough, I was bang in the middle of doing a large ship out when they called. (I actually was as it happens)

I'm still going 24 hours later - do you think they'd have canned my ass by now if they had any doubts?