SSN Verified Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-06-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default SSN Verified Question

Hi,

I was suspended in eBay and restricted in PayPal before. I am 100% sure that I gave my SSN to eBay (not sure if I gave it to Paypal before) to be "ID verified." To cut the long story short, my account was placed in Collections by PayPal, which I paid already. What I tried to do today is to create a new Paypal account and used my SSN to be verified. The system took it with no problems and I havent received any email from Paypal saying that this new account that I just created is suspended or limited. Here is my question:
How long before Paypal's system detect and link my new PP account to my old ones? Is it automatic or does it take a few days?

Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-06-2011

Longevity: 82%

I think GreenBean answered this question in another one of your threads.

My guess would be not to get too excited. If you did give them your SSN on your old PP account then it's just a matter of a "little" time before it's linked to your new one.
Old 08-07-2011
Threadstarter  

That's what I thought too. I was thinking that my info probably needs to be manually reviewed by one of their associates. I was thinking that PP's system is the same as eBay. I know for a fact that when you get suspended in eBay, they can track your info right away and then suspend your new account.

Another thing is, when PP placed me on collections, I paid it right away since eBay have my SSN and didnt want my credit to be ruined. Does this makes a difference? I mean if my account gets limited due to a negative balance, doesnt it get reinstated right away once that balance is either positive or zero?

On the other hand, if my new PP account with my SSN get suspended, do you know if I can dispute it with PayPal if I tell them that someone stole my information? I can just tell them that someone stole my identity and used my info. Would they accept this explanation? If so, what docs do they need? I know that this may be impossible to do since PP doesnt trust anyone with money but identity theft happen all the time. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the input.
Old 08-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

I have reused an old paypal before years after a balance went to collection. I decided to just pay it off and just after I got to start using it with no problems. It was only shut down due to a neg balance though caused by a chargeback.

as for the deal about using the identity theft excuse. I tried that about a year ago thinking it was slick and they requested my case number with the police dept/da office. I just hung up like a loser since I didnt have one. lol

Just wanted to see if it worked.
Old 08-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Hmm if that's the case then I should be ok. I paid mine off a month or two after the chargeback. So, how long have you had the PP account with your SSN on it? Did you ever get limited with this PP account?
Old 08-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

I had an old one with my original SSN on it for 7yrs with no limits or suspensions. I did have cases left and right but never got suspended.

I have learned a lot since those times an it would never happen again.

If you had a bad suspension on ebay then its probably only a matter of time before they catch it.

I would just start using it and see what happens. More than likely as soon as you list something you will get hit with a limit/suspension. Hope not but I would expect it just in case.

If you didnt end up giving ebay the SSN then I wouldnt worry as much at all. Just try it and list. see what happens. pretty much all you can do.
Old 08-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Im not worried about eBay at all. What worries me is PayPal. I gave eBay my SSN and they suspended me before. However, I'm not sure if I gave PP my SSN or not. Til now, the PP account (that I just created yesterday) that has my SSN on it hasnt been limited or suspended. It's been 36 hours and I havent received any email from PP. I have a stealth eBay account right now. If I use my new PP account that has my SSN on it with eBay (without linking it), do you know if eBay will catch me? I remember reading the Stealth Book and it says that if a PP account and eBay account is not linked together, then there's no way for them to catch you. Is this still the case?
Old 08-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

You should be fine then if it has no connection to ebay with that ssn. Just start using it. good luck.
Old 08-07-2011
Threadstarter  

@KingRay,

Regarding the account that has your SSN on it, are you talking about PayPal or eBay? Im a little confused with your last response. So, does eBay has your SSN or is it PayPal?
Old 08-07-2011
Threadstarter  

So I will be fine with my PayPal account that has my SSN as long as I dont link it to my eBay account?
Old 08-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Sorry, I mean if you only have it(ssn) connected to PP then you are fine. ITs when they have a reason to look at the ebay account you have suspended that will matter. If you give them no connection or reason you are fine.
Old 08-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%

In your shoes, I would use the account but I would diversify - don't put all your eggs into that basket - so that if your pp goes down, you aren't at a complete loss waiting 180 days for everything.