Help Please!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-16-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Help Please!!

Hi All. Well, it finally happened to me. I awoke today with a call from Paypal and a limited account after having this for 8 years. And, of course, Ebay account is now on hold too. I just started really moving alot of merchandise from it recently, so I was expecting this.

What I am wondering, I have so far, a legitimate account. I am able to provide my actual SS, real name, address and bank account statement associated with this account. They want to do a credit check which is also fine. The merchandise I sell is all legitimate as well. However, the merchandise I sell in my everyday business at my store, the company prohibits online sales on Ebay--they frown on Ebay sales--go figure. They want you to obtain clearance from them to do so, but if you actually aply to do so, they will reject you anyway. So, of course I do it anyway and don't tell them some is Ebayed. Now, Paypal wants my invoices of merchandise, which I do have alot of--some is not on there though because I obtain it different places so the company won't know it's me buying it and reselling it on ebay.

I am going to attempt to scan and change the merchandise invoices I do have to match the items I have and am selling on Ebay and send that to them-if I can master how to change it. Biggest worry, does Paypal or Ebay really call the Company to verify your purchases????? If yes, i'm cooked because my retail license prevents me from doing this. I can supply them with everything they want if I can in fact change the invoices to match items I am selling but want ot know if they ACTUALLY call the company to verify and if there is anyway around having them do this?????

Anyone with experience in this, your input or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Paypal also says once all info. is provided to them, limitation will be lifted within 24 hours--yeah right!!!

Thanks Everyone!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-16-2008

I would VERY much doubt that paypal would contact the supplier. I expect they just want to see proof of your purchase, and you should be okay.
Old 02-16-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the info. I always wondered what would happen if they ever asked. Do they honestly have the time to call all suppliers when accounts are limited?? I wonder how sellers who get the stuff from China pull off the invoices and if they do call the suppliers.

Funny, I noticed my current ebay auctions are still up and running and I thought they wouldn't be. Wonder why??
Old 02-16-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI, JOllybee, they will allow more and more funds to come into that paypal acct, but -0- to go out once limited, this way they will have that much more to hold onto..
Old 02-16-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks Ebayhateluv. Do you happen to know if they will still allow you to list more auctions once those close if you are still limited?
Thanks!!
Old 02-16-2008

Well, the last time, I had that happen, was last year, what they did was this
a.) Upon signing into ebay- i recd the notice, they were limiting me, they had a link to Paypal,though
b.) once the paypal issue was resolved, i had to email ebay, then they allowed more listings

So, no- in my case- they did NOT allow any further listing, but allowed everything to finish out...
Old 02-16-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks Ebayhateluv!!!
Old 02-18-2008

Longevity: 93%

hi jollybee, i miss those burgers from the philippines...anyway, i had a similar situation as you last year. are your suppliers from the US? the reason i ask is because my suppliers are mainly from asia (mostly china) and therefore my invoices from them are in chinese with china address and phone numbers. i highly doubt paypal will actually call any of your suppliers. they just want to see that you obtain your merchandise legally (i happen to know this for a fact). however, since you need to come up with "modified" invoices anyway to show paypal, you could use the old invoices from your non-english suppliers if you have any. i am pretty sure paypal will not call anyone from china unless they actually have a team of people who speak and read chinese (i doubt it). also, if maybe you think perhaps they will send your info to paypal hong-kong, i highly doubt they would go that far...also, based from my friends in china, china ebay and paypal are not reliable anyway...hope this helps somewhat.
Old 02-21-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks everyone!!!
Account was restored within 1 day--Whew!!
Old 02-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

I would not get too happy to quick! It could very well happen again, whenever they want to limit you. Hope you are learning to never put all your eggs in one basket.
Old 02-21-2008

yeah, start spreading out your risk now. start making a few extra backup accounts and slowly build them up.
Old 02-22-2008
Threadstarter  

Definately..Thanks everyone!!

I even asked them should I always be prepared to have to go through this all the time so I can start saving up everything. They told me very rarely do they ever do it all at once, especially with the amount of stuff I(you) had to send in--I mean it was ABSOULUTELY everything they could ever think to ask for in every combination PLUS the kitchen sink.

Of course, I was like YEAH RIGHT-talk to you next month-if not sooner!!!