CNN: EBay seller boycott set to start Monday - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default CNN: EBay seller boycott set to start Monday

EBay seller boycott set to start Monday - Feb. 15, 2008

I love it. I bet the last thing eBay wanted is bad press on CNN :D
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-16-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

yeah Ebay is laughing there ass off at this. Boycott for 1 week..What is that going to do if anything. You have to boycott for atleast a month to even be heard
Old 02-16-2008
Banned

5 sellers who ditched Ebay
eBay backlash: 5 sellers who ditched it - Laura Skidmore (1) - FORTUNE Small Business
Old 02-16-2008

Longevity: 95%

Well.. Theyre still Suspending accts, thats for sure.. So, i dont think the boycott stopped their T+S from the abusing emails...

CHRIS:
>> My thinking was: that if they feel pressured by loss of Revenue, that they may lessen up some of the holds, and some of the
other ways they are loosing revenues, i.e. automatic suspensions for stupid stuff, i.e. abusing.
>> For example:
a.) If you own a Restaurant
b.) You announce a major change, i.e. no happy hour anymore, price increases
c.) you have been "banning" customers for improper attire, example-no sport coat at dinner
d.) So, now you heard very clear through the grapevine, that the good customers who have been patronizing for years are gonna stop coming
e.) You , as a Business person have to make a choice...
f.) You have apparently decided to go through with the new rules, despite what youve heard and maybe read in a local paper
g.) So, do you sit back and let you business dwindle, or fall short from your fiscal numbers last year?
h.) Or, do you lighten up on some rules, in order to save face- and show the community you can continue to operate
i.e. NOw, the businessman, who used to turn away , paying customers for no sports coats, maybe he allows them in, knowing the are cash customers..NOW, he's either at the Same sales as before the new rules, or Better...

SO_ my analogy was just in making a comment , "thinking " like a business person.. thats all
Old 02-16-2008
Banned

Well the boycott isnt about suspensions. Its about their fees and the ability for buyers to neg sellers without getting negged back
Old 02-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

yeah, there idiots...im always with a good plan to be heard...but even the hollywood writers had a boycott for 3 months...hell, martin luther king boycotted the busses for 11 months...i don't understand this non-sense
Old 02-16-2008

Longevity: 94%

now if they could only interview some ebay members that are doing the boycott and have them talk about some ebay alternatives such as ecrater etc, that would be pretty good.
Old 02-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

This would be the perfect moment for ewaey to start promoting...
Old 02-16-2008

The boycott is a total joke. One week? I say two months. What a joke. I got a email from eebay last night, not spoof, telling me about the changes to the seller's policies. And I'm suspended since November 07. So what's the point if I can't sell or buy... WTF????
Old 02-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Default your 100% right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
The boycott is a total joke. One week? I say two months. What a joke. I got a email from eebay last night, not spoof, telling me about the changes to the seller's policies. And I'm suspended since November 07. So what's the point if I can't sell or buy... WTF????
There idiots, first off all boycotts have no ending date they only end whern u get what u want..and if there going to boycott they need to have a list of demands that needs to be reached before they buy and sell again. 1. of them needs to be add google checkout to there list of accepted payments things like that. I wonder who's running this campaign. It seems more like a random act then anything else.
Old 02-16-2008

These boycotts come every two years. And February 18 is not a random date. Its been used before. I was also temporarily suspended about three years ago for a silly reason, on this same boycott date Feb. 18th.

SO I doubt very much this boycott has any legitimate purpose. I bet eebay is behind this boycott. Something out of the the twilight zone. I don't trust anything anymore to do with eebay.

One week. What a farce.
Old 02-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

lol, u know what...that would be crazy that eBay has something to do with the boycott, and minipulate the whole auction marketplace. That's something to think about.
Old 02-16-2008
Banned

Longevity: 95%

Boycotts don't work on monopolies. Next time the electric company or water deptment raises the prices, see what affect a boycott has on them. They are the only game in town, but at least the utilities are somewhat regulated and controlled. Ebay/Paypal is an illegal monopoly with absolutely no control, while the Department of Justice sit on its ass.
I did exactly the opposite, I listed as many items as I could with no intention of paying my listing or selling fees. Also, will fire up a few VCCs for a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ buying accounts and piss off a few loyal powersellers, and leave a lot of negatives. I know they will get removed, but I will make the T&S monkey dance for me.
Old 02-16-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
EBay seller boycott set to start Monday - Feb. 15, 2008

I love it. I bet the last thing eBay wanted is bad press on CNN :D
Usually Online, any press is Good Press. It'll probably increase eBay's auction activity.
Old 02-16-2008

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycore View Post
Boycotts don't work on monopolies. Next time the electric company or water deptment raises the prices, see what affect a boycott has on them. They are the only game in town, but at least the utilities are somewhat regulated and controlled. Ebay/Paypal is an illegal monopoly with absolutely no control, while the Department of Justice sit on its ass.
I did exactly the opposite, I listed as many items as I could with no intention of paying my listing or selling fees. Also, will fire up a few VCCs for a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ buying accounts and piss off a few loyal powersellers, and leave a lot of negatives. I know they will get removed, but I will make the T&S monkey dance for me.
Exactly, they will use it to GROW.

Just so people will know I received a phone call on my old phone from my last suspended account giving me the tips on how to become a better seller, anyone ever get this message?

Just like Wal Mart, piss with them and they piss right back and make things even worse.

Until someone else steps up to compete they are going to do whatever they want and a few hundred thousand people dont mean dittly squat to them.
Old 02-17-2008

And after I received the email from eebay about the new seller policies, I was bombarded all day with spam from the same location as eebay.

Anyone gotten those "lotto" scam emails following an email from eebay?

I'm not being paranoid because I checked the ip address. Same location.
Old 02-18-2008

Longevity: 98%

The boycotts will fail.

Google "project chanology" and see how a real protest is done. They have tons of people all over the world go outside scientology churchs holding signs and protesting for hours. Last was Feb 10. There's another on March 15. If sellers protested outside ebay buildings, that might be good.
Old 02-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

The boycott itself is useless. Ebay will lose money but it's a drop in the bucket. The attention it has drawn from mainstream media is the only thing that will come out of this. Shockingly ebay has actually responded to the attention.