*Read this now!! Spread the word..Now is the time**** - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2008
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default *Read this now!! Spread the word..Now is the time****

Listen up you all. We already know Ebay is at its weakest point and NOW is the time to react to this. We need to do something ow and I mean now. Thisis our only chance to actually get Ebay to change their ways. We need to have a plan and I sort of got one.

What I'm asking everybody in the forum to do is go over to the powerseller forum-->Power Sellers Unite - Online Auction Industry Discussion Forum and Ecommerce Store web hosting, create a profile and make post about Aspkin forum and spread the word in there.

The point of this is so that we can UNITE. We need numbers to make this happen. We need to form like VOLTRON and right now is the time..

If we can combine all the disgruntled Ebay'ers into 1 we will then have a stronger presence.. This is only 1 step towards our goal but once we get powersellers over here and more people Ebay we will have a stronger presence.

So do it now I ask you. Everyone lets spread the word and make this happen.
Power Sellers Unite - Online Auction Industry Discussion Forum and Ecommerce Store web hosting

Truthfully I'm so tired of hearing people complain but when it comes down to actually doing something everybody ducks and hide..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Sounds like a good plan, if that happens...I think we wil actually have a chance. I'm on it
Old 02-16-2008

Longevity: 94%

No doubt I'm in!

Aspkin please consider making this a sticky in every section...this is probably the most important thing going on at the moment. And everyone on this board should be notified
Old 02-16-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

I agree. Sticky Please
Old 02-16-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Its time to make moves. We are not under any radar. This forum probably get so many hits but most people just come and read and dont post or register...

All Ebay does is counter react to what we post here anyway so I dont think it would even matter if we had more visitors here. This forum is not a secret or anything..

TIME TO STAND UP
Old 02-16-2008

Longevity: 95%

My first thought exactly Modee. As hard as Ebay has made it for sellers, it could get worse or almost impossible as they are a very powerful company who can fight fire with fire. They will either ease up or clamp down and make life a living hell. It's something to think about long and hard. Thanx for the post Chris.
Old 02-16-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Well they gonna do what they gonna do. I already told most people last year Ebay was going to do this this year but most just took it with a grain of salt..

The worst Ebay can do now is request SSN#.. Thats the only option they have now..Its kind of funny they are so focus on us that thy have forgotten about all the scammers on Ebay and how to prevent that
Old 02-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Default huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
Yes, Modee.. thats why I read this and did not respond..
(I'm only 1 person, but "i" represent over 15 ebay accts at once)--
To have them all taken out for a "cause" would be devistating..
I'm not risking what I've built up, sorry guys.. (I know I'm chicken) )
I'm out, Nay...

How would you be risking your ebay account.
Old 02-16-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
Yes, Modee.. thats why I read this and did not respond..
(I'm only 1 person, but "i" represent over 15 ebay accts at once)--
To have them all taken out for a "cause" would be devistating..
I'm not risking what I've built up, sorry guys.. (I know I'm chicken) )
I'm out, Nay...
The plan is not about you losing your accounts for any reason. But it's more about 2 major forums that are against eBay...and uniting them. As much as we want to stay "under the radar," everyone has to realize that we are not. I'm sure eBay has departments that are specifically designed to monitor forums like this one. It's not hard to find and there has to be a purpose to it...it can't just be about ppl complaining all the time about eBay, finding a way around it, and then eBay countering us in th end. If we want change, this is the time to do it because the company's going through major changes and getting alot of backlash from sellers.
Old 02-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Default I can co-sign that

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMB View Post
The plan is not about you losing your accounts for any reason. But it's more about 2 major forums that are against eBay...and uniting them. As much as we want to stay "under the radar," everyone has to realize that we are not. I'm sure eBay has departments that are specifically designed to monitor forums like this one. It's not hard to find and there has to be a purpose to it...it can't just be about ppl complaining all the time about eBay, finding a way around it, and then eBay countering us in th end. If we want change, this is the time to do it because the company's going through major changes and getting alot of backlash from sellers.
Your right!
Old 02-16-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvaughan08 View Post
How would you be risking your ebay account.
^^Exactly thats what I wanna know??
Old 02-16-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMB View Post
Exactly . Excellent post.. Im tired of hearing people complain but when it comes time to do something they go hide under a brick rock
Old 02-16-2008

I think we should do a poll and vote on the next best alternative to ebay! (Is that possible?) Then we could agree to support that forum for 30 days and see what happens?
Old 02-16-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Thats one option
Old 02-16-2008

Longevity: 96%

Waking up a touchy sleeping giant might just get you what you want.
More trouble and more of of what we don't want to see.

Sometimes walking softly will put you farther ahead then slapping the sleeping giant that is WAY ahead of you from the start.

Dont kid yourself, 2 sites boycotting ebay wont effect them a bit. As someone at ebay live we went to a few years ago said, they could drop each and every one of us in the building and it wont effect them one bit, there are millions waiting in line behind us and they know it.

After 10 years of selling every thing under the sun and being one of ebays first 10k feedback sellers ever do you think it got me anything, hell no it didnt.
I made more money the first 10 years on ebay then most made in a lifetime and now someone suggest in one thread that we stand up and fight but in another thread they tell people to stay under the radar. They dropped me like a rock all because of an email and one sneaky ass buyer who spent more time watching what I did then minding their own business.

Dont wish for what you might or cannot accept because you might get that.
Old 02-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Let me get over my panic attack before I give a further comment,please.
Old 02-16-2008
MU

Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay-sucks View Post
That's just the kind of attitude feeBay wants us to have. The fact is, we need to go into this fully aware of (and prepared for) the possibility that eBay might just go ape**** and ban everybody at the drop of a hat.. We can't for one second think we can just DEPEND on them for our well-being. Either they change their ways or they're going down regardless of what they want to do to me or any of my accounts. They don't control my life!
Old 02-16-2008
Banned

Everyone needs to relax, all the press the boycott has gotten has served it purpose. Ebay now knows it pissing off sellers and buyers alike. not a smart move, even for a illegal monopoly.
Just keep doing what your are doing, screwing them and paypal as best you can while we still continue to pool our info to defeat the trust and safety measures. Ebay makes the rules and holds all the cards, but their main weakness is that they need us as both buyers and sellers to have access to their site to make money.
Old 02-16-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay-sucks View Post

Sometimes walking softly will put you farther ahead then slapping the sleeping giant that is WAY ahead of you from the start.

Dont kid yourself, 2 sites boycotting ebay wont effect them a bit. As someone at ebay live we went to a few years ago said, they could drop each and every one of us in the building and it wont effect them one bit, there are millions waiting in line behind us and they know it.

After 10 years of selling every thing under the sun and being one of ebays first 10k feedback sellers ever do you think it got me anything, hell no it didnt.
I made more money the first 10 years on ebay then most made in a lifetime and now someone suggest in one thread that we stand up and fight but in another thread they tell people to stay under the radar. They dropped me like a rock all because of an email and one sneaky ass buyer who spent more time watching what I did then minding their own business.

Dont wish for what you might or cannot accept because you might get that.

You need to get the Ebay Pacifier out of your mouth and quit depending on them as if it was your last breath. There is life after Ebay u know
Old 02-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

lol @ Chris
Old 02-17-2008

Ok, I am on a mission now. U say spread the word and I'm on it. Keep an eye on the member counts because it is about to go up!
Old 02-17-2008
Banned
Threadstarter  

Cool Thats What We Need.!!!!! We Need More People Like You...(sorry For Caps)
Closed Thread