"not as described" dispute via paypal transaction OUTSIDE of ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-06-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default "not as described" dispute via paypal transaction OUTSIDE of ebay

hey, so I recently sold a pair of shoes OUTSIDE of ebay. The buyer paid via paypal. He recently opened up a "not as described" dispute. I have no intentions of working things out with him b/c there is absolutely nothing wrong with the shoes. I shipped them out with delivery/signature confirmation so am I 100% covered here? In my experience for transactions outside of ebay, the buyer never wins "not as described" claims if the seller has poof of delivery. Is that correct or am I at risk if I escalate the dispute and get help from paypal?

thanks in advance for your advice
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-06-2011

Longevity: 76%

You actually couldnt be more wrong. You are 100% covered for delivery confirmation, but that has nothing to do with "not as described". The only way paypal decides these cases are who provides better evidence as the case progresses. He will ask for evidence/faxes/pictures from both of you and this can continues for days/weeks until there is enough proof on one side. I bought 2 things from china that ended up being completely different than the pictures. I opened the same case and provided the same details and proof for both. On one I got a full refund on the other I did not. I think this is a 50/50 type of case you are dealing with. If you sold ⊗⊗⊗⊗ shoes or name brand shoes than shame on you and I hope you loose the money and the shoes.
Old 08-06-2011

Longevity: 75%

For outside of Ebay sales, they use to automatically deny SNAD claims, but then the buyer just usually does a chargeback through the credit card company. Either way if a buyer wants your item and their money back, they will get it. I would not be surprised to see Paypal find against you immediately now days.
Old 08-06-2011

Longevity: 76%

if they do a chargeback and keep the item, file a police report (if item is of value). I have done this several times and it has always worked out
Old 08-07-2011

Longevity: 80%

Make sure you respond to the dispute, so at least if he does win he'll have to return with tracking at his cost for a refund.
Old 08-16-2011

Longevity: 79%

Depending on what kind of "SNAD" claim this is you might or might not be safe. One thing you should know is that Paypal almost always sides with the buyer if he can either proof his case or if he claims you sent the wrong item.

Lets say he says you sent f-a-k-e shoes, he needs to prove it, but if he says you sent him slippers instead of shoes, he will just be required to ship them back to you. Once confirmed the item is back to you they will release funds to him, hopefully for you you'll actually receive the shoes back and not a brick.
Old 08-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

One thing to think about. Even if he did win, Paypal would just tell them to look to their credit card for a chargeback. they love to encourage them to screw the seller. Just like ebay on some things.

It will more than likely turn out as mentioned above. They will have to send it back and you will have to refund. Minus return shipping only. But also as said above, they can send back a brick. its done all the time.
Old 08-16-2011

Longevity: 73%

There is another problem here. I would lay low on this one and maybe even let him have a refund and return the item. If this item was originally listed on Ebay and you removed it to sell "outside" of Ebay, you can be banned from Ebay. This is against their policy. All the buyer has to do is report you and send in the emails, etc. proving you did this. Be careful, some sales are not worth the risk.
Old 08-16-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I have learned if it is not a large sum of money to just take care of it and move on. Many buyers have become smart enough to know if they raise heck they can get the item and the money back too.

We have professional buyers who take advantage of every chance they get to screw over a seller.

Not worth the hassle if it is not a ton of money.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
Alps_a somewhatlegend (08-16-2011)
Old 08-16-2011

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Many buyers have become smart enough to know if they raise heck they can get the item and the money back too.
and if the buyers go about it the right way they can get a full refund and also keep the items. Another way that ebay benefits the buyer by rewarding them for there thievery!
Old 08-17-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboykilla View Post
and if the buyers go about it the right way they can get a full refund and also keep the items. Another way that ebay benefits the buyer by rewarding them for there thievery!
Yes, I have had the same buyer try this on many accounts over a period of time. Even remember her name from years ago. She is a professional at it.
I believe her messages are always the same lame problem no matter what the item is.
I also think she is the one that gave me a negative once for something being the wrong shade to match her decor.
Old 08-17-2011

Longevity: 95%

I havent used ebay much but it happen tiwce to me on a few low $ items they got to get a full refund and keep the items. Guess some people make a profession at it