A few questions I am asking myself - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-17-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default A few questions I am asking myself

Hey,

I am a new member and have been doing a lot of reading. I must say, this website is amazing, a lot of useful tips & tricks that I am going to use for sure.

I tried searching but I didn't find exact answers to my questions, so if you don't mind please help me, and I am sorry if these questions have been asked before.

For informational purpose, I have tried selling "chanel" products in the past (when I was a little newer to eBay) and my account got shut down shortly after a few trademark violations and a suspension, but I luckily got my account reinstate after I faxed some information.

I started selling other vero products after (since october 2007) and things have been going great for quite some time now. About a little more than a month ago though, a member filed a claim on paypal saying he received a counterfeit item and paypal has opened an "investigation" and it has been almost 40 days since now (a little long?).

I am worried now, I got items removed about 2 weeks ago (I had 3 items listed and all 3 went down for trademark violation) and last week after I sold an item, received payment, AND shipped it, I received a trademark violation for that item, that had been already completed... This is weird because I didn't have any problems up until about 2 weeks ago. When I tried listing another item I had to take the VeRO quiz, which scared me enough to stop selling until I know what to do. (don't want to lose my account permanently, I'm so close to powerseller).

So my question is, what is going on right now... Is paypal responsible for this because of the claim? Are they on to me? Is it another person reporting me? I am at 90FB now, 100%, should I try getting powerseller status to start selling again? Do you have more chances when you are a powerseller? (You do get 5 violations, but does it include trademark violation?)

Any answers are appreciated!

Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Hi Hey. DO a search "Vero Workaround". Posts there will give much info to you.
Old 02-17-2008

Longevity: 94%

Yeah there is alot of info on VERO on this board.

I would say you might want to use the method where you can use HTML inbetween each letter of the brand name. Its somewhere on this board. Just search for "VERO" or you can purposely misspell the brand name. You probably have a competetitor or VERO owner turning you in.

I also got a VERO about 3 weeks after an auction ended but that was about 3 years ago I thought it was the weirdest thing ever.

And yes I think they are more lenient with Powersellers and strikes but ultimately it doesn't matter when you get suspended.
Old 02-18-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 93%

Thanks guys. I have been reading a lot and I feel so much better now knowing that I have so many alternative routes I may take.
Old 02-19-2008

Longevity: 96%

if you think powerseller status can save you from vero you are surely mistaken, yes you can can take a couple of more hits but it is also vulnerable.. 2ndly you cannot acheive powerseller status with your current account which as you say has sustained 3-4 serious violations (which include selling counterfeit vero items) .. tobe powerseller you have to be clean sheet for 3 consequent months.. and maintain 100+ sales..

thought to clear your mind a bit.. one last thing... one more vero violation and u will be suspended for good so make sure u know what u r doing before u list any vero again
Old 02-19-2008

Longevity: 94%

When I was a powerseller, it took to VERO items, and I was off.
Old 09-27-2008

Longevity: 90%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmlx View Post
Hey,

I am a new member and have been doing a lot of reading. I must say, this website is amazing, a lot of useful tips & tricks that I am going to use for sure.

I tried searching but I didn't find exact answers to my questions, so if you don't mind please help me, and I am sorry if these questions have been asked before.

For informational purpose, I have tried selling "chanel" products in the past (when I was a little newer to eBay) and my account got shut down shortly after a few trademark violations and a suspension, but I luckily got my account reinstate after I faxed some information.

I started selling other vero products after (since october 2007) and things have been going great for quite some time now. About a little more than a month ago though, a member filed a claim on paypal saying he received a counterfeit item and paypal has opened an "investigation" and it has been almost 40 days since now (a little long?).

I am worried now, I got items removed about 2 weeks ago (I had 3 items listed and all 3 went down for trademark violation) and last week after I sold an item, received payment, AND shipped it, I received a trademark violation for that item, that had been already completed... This is weird because I didn't have any problems up until about 2 weeks ago. When I tried listing another item I had to take the VeRO quiz, which scared me enough to stop selling until I know what to do. (don't want to lose my account permanently, I'm so close to powerseller).

So my question is, what is going on right now... Is paypal responsible for this because of the claim? Are they on to me? Is it another person reporting me? I am at 90FB now, 100%, should I try getting powerseller status to start selling again? Do you have more chances when you are a powerseller? (You do get 5 violations, but does it include trademark violation?)

Any answers are appreciated!

Thank you

This is EXACTLY whats been happening to me, i got VERO'd a week after an item sold. All my items are genuine, i tried changing my pictures, my descriptions and even misspelling the names, none of it works for me, it really does seem like someone is out to get me.

I tried altering the names I.E. -
Gucci 100ml EDT
would change to
G.u C.c.I 100ml EDT

but still it would get dropped and i get suspended.

There are sellers on Ebay that sell the EXACT items i do but they are still selling fine. Very frustrating this is! (as yoda would say).

D