Resetting IP Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-17-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Resetting IP Question

O.K. for the 3rd time I was suspended. The first suspension was something really silly and the follwing suspensions were related to the first account. I followed your guidelines except for resetting the I.P. because I am not sure which one to reset. Do I reset the cable modem, the Rangemax wireless router, or the computer?? Which one does Ebay look at?

Also I was reading another thread about EWAEY.com. I think someone needs to start a store on Ebay called EWAEYDOTCOM and just have links inside the store to stuff on EWAEY.com....would it work?

in2ford
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-17-2008

Longevity: 94%

Try hooking up your cable modem directly to the computer and do the following.

1) Go to the start menu, click on run and type CMD
2) Type in IPCONFIG
3) That is the current IP address (assuming you dont have a routed hooked up)
4) Now you are going to type IPCONFIG/RELEASE
5) You will be disconnected from the internet --- Go to Start menu, My Network Places, Click on Network Connections in the left menu, Right click on your internet connection (It may be Local Area Connection, something to that affect)...anyways, right click and select properties
6) Now select Internet Protocal (TCP/IP) and select properties
7) Choose Use the following IP address and type in the following:
IP ADDRESS: 192.168.11.100
Then just click on the Subnet Mask and it will fill it in
8) Next Click OK to close that window and then OK on the other window
9) It will take a couple seconds and then once you are able to, click back on properties for the Internet Protocal (TCP/IP) and select Obtain An IP Address Automatically
10) Click OK and OK to close those windows and now go back to the CMD prompt and type in ipconfig/all
11) As you will see, the IP has changed!!!
12) Now this is the COOL part, you can copy that information (you will need IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and the DNS Servers) and mark it down for one of your eBay accounts.....When you want to go back to that IP, you just go back to the properties section of the Internet Protocal (TCP/IP) and type in all of that information that you wrote down...BOOM....you are at that IP again (dont believe me, then go to Find My IP Address - Lookup)
13)You can easliy switch between IPs this way and you dont even have to unplug the modem!!!!

This method was posted a while ago sorry I can't remember who it was but thanks. Its works everytime.
Old 02-17-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the info. I am going to give it a try and I'll report back.

Barry
Old 02-17-2008

Default unplugged modem and router, ip changed??

omgosh!! im so glad to find this forum..

i was able to change my ip address simply by unplugging my router and modem, however it only changed it by 1 number.. so that last 2 numbers wer 2.2, now they are 2.3.. is that good enough.. or will ebay still see some simialarities??
Old 02-17-2008
Threadstarter  

I just read through your instructions again..how does that affect my wireless router or does it? If I connect the modem directly to a PC and change the IP, could I then reconnect throught the wireless and still have the changed IP? I guess I still need to know what IP Ebay looks at...

Still not sure what I need to do...

Barry
Old 02-17-2008

I have not found a way to reset it with the router. I just don't use it when I get on ebay. I just hook my modem directly to the computer.
Old 02-17-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwuvmyson View Post
omgosh!! im so glad to find this forum..

i was able to change my ip address simply by unplugging my router and modem, however it only changed it by 1 number.. so that last 2 numbers wer 2.2, now they are 2.3.. is that good enough.. or will ebay still see some simialarities??
You might want to find another way. Its probably too close to the other one.
Old 02-18-2008
Threadstarter  

So does Ebay look at the cable modem IP?

Barry
Old 02-18-2008
Threadstarter  

My neighbors wireless network is unsecured. I could use it when on Ebay??

Barry
Old 02-18-2008

for dsl wireless, i just unhooked my modem and router.. unplugged the power for a few minutes and it changed, but only 1 digit. i will try again to night and see if it changes more. i dont find whatmyip to be accurate. when i look up the ip from aol its the same as when i look it up from my google. however it is different from what my computer says my ip is.. am i missing something.. i dont want to make a mistake and accidently link my accounts together in some way.
my old account was reinstated according to ebays email, but when i log in it still says suspended on the homepage... BUT i am able to list listings.. retarded and weird!
Old 02-18-2008

Default linking question

i logged into one account from aol.. did my business then logged out, closed my aol and logged into google.. went back to ebay to log in under another account"old" account and my ebay name from aol session was in the sign in box.. is this something i should worry about?
Old 02-18-2008

Longevity: 96%

What about the wireless question? thats the unansered question?
Old 02-18-2008

hey old timers.. i thought aol 9.0 was suppost to change ip everytime you log in?? this is not the case for me.. or is whatismyipaddress just no accurate?? what a accurate site to go to to check?? i get the same ip weather im in aol or not. please inform me.
as for wireless users.. i unplugged my modem and router, and plugged it back in after a few minutes and it changed the ip, but only by 1 digit.. i will do it again to nonight.. overnight.. and see what happens in the A.M and report back for those of you that are concerned about wireless...but it might have something to do with having dynamic or static (or whatever its called) internet service... i forget which one i have.
Old 02-19-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

a more accurate site i use is Geobytes Home Page