Ubid - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default Ubid

So I got approval to sell some stuff on uBid today, but are people really buying off there? I don't see much action going on. It's hard to see if people are selling because there is no feedback scores, no way to look at merchant's record. I saw that you have to have a 10% selling record to maintain, but do people buy?

Any ubidder sellers out there, any input, suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated! TIA
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-21-2007

Longevity: 99%

Modee's used before and seems to like it.
Old 09-21-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

UBid is getting there. They still have a long way to go though.

If they can differentiate there self from eBay, then maybe they'll take off and surpass eBay. It's a long shot though.
Old 09-21-2007

Longevity: 96%

That's all that matters is the bottom line.
Old 03-12-2008

Longevity: 94%

zz you can't sell clothing on Ubid
Old 03-13-2008

anyone from the UK sell/buy on uBid?
Old 04-18-2008

Longevity: 98%
Default Ubid seems to have the same problem as amazon.com and ebay

Ubid seems to have the same problem as amazon.com and ebay

I was looking through ebay competitors. I read on the forums that amazon.com forces you to use its payment system. Well amazon.com's wikipedia article and website don't say anything of that, though amazon.com's website gives no info on its auction site at all or if it does it's well hidden.

Ubid I read on its wikipedia article says Ubid runs its own payment system and buyers have to use it. Well, Ubid's website itself doesn't say that, but hints at it like saying your credit card is charged if you win the auction.
Old 04-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Ubid looks deserted.
Old 04-19-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:
Amazon does have its own system, which I have found for the past 3 years very easy-- theres no logging in seperately to add tracking.
Also- the money is in the bank acct in 2-3 days, like clockwork.
--I have not had much volume though, my biggest month was only like $4200--December 2006.
Old 06-30-2008

Longevity: 91%

So what everyone is saying is there is no alternative to feepay!
Old 08-02-2008

Longevity: 95%

I sold a $895.00 Laptop to a church in GA. It went really well. The funds were not held. Transaction went so well, the church has inquired about buying more computers for the Fall. I don't specialize in computers, but I might be able to round up a few. Ubid works just fine. I guess it depends on items you sell.
Old 08-02-2008

Longevity: 92%

Was`nt Ubid the group who purchased and ran Bidville and then closed it in June , 08 brcause it did not fit in with thier "business" plan?? I think they tried to sell it , no takers so just closed it.
Big sigh.
Old 08-18-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

How long does it take to get approval from UBID..Im concered that they will approve me..I mostly sell unbranded electronics and mobile phones.Do i acutally give them my supplier refrences?
Old 08-25-2008

Longevity: 90%

I have looked at several alternate sites to Ebay, and I agree, right now, none of them appear to have the review/sales of Ebay, but if enough folks have had enough of Ebay, we have to start somewhere. I have looked at Epier which is a personally (real person) owned/operated site that is very similar to Ebay (reduce learning curve). As far as I can tell, that is where the similarities end - there is NO listing fee and a reasonable selling fee. Yes, it does have slow sales, but probably not much different than any of the others. Give it a look and see what you think. For small sellers like me who are set up to sell items from around the house and who only want to take money orders or checks, this appears to me to be a reasonable alternative to ebay who is now making it difficult for such sellers as me to continue on their site. Remember - it will take time for this (and probably any of the other sites) to get more visitors/users/sellers/buyers, but it does present an alternative.

I have NO vested interest in any auction site (including Epier). I am only looking for an alternative to Ebay that fits my needs as a small buyer/seller and without nickle and diming you to death.
Old 06-24-2009

Longevity: 89%
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsranger View Post
I have looked at several alternate sites to Ebay, and I agree, right now, none of them appear to have the review/sales of Ebay, but if enough folks have had enough of Ebay, we have to start somewhere. I have looked at Epier which is a personally (real person) owned/operated site that is very similar to Ebay (reduce learning curve). As far as I can tell, that is where the similarities end - there is NO listing fee and a reasonable selling fee. Yes, it does have slow sales, but probably not much different than any of the others. Give it a look and see what you think. For small sellers like me who are set up to sell items from around the house and who only want to take money orders or checks, this appears to me to be a reasonable alternative to ebay who is now making it difficult for such sellers as me to continue on their site. Remember - it will take time for this (and probably any of the other sites) to get more visitors/users/sellers/buyers, but it does present an alternative.

I have NO vested interest in any auction site (including Epier). I am only looking for an alternative to Ebay that fits my needs as a small buyer/seller and without nickle and diming you to death.

you overlooked amazon - AMAZON IS EBAYS REAL COMP - but that because they retail most of the stuff themselves along with BIG retailers like Toys-R-Us and Target

The independent sellers are an after thought and not allowed to sell certain items
Old 08-21-2011

Longevity: 73%

Ubid.com doesn't allow individual sellers? I just registered, but I do not have an option to list anything.
Old 08-21-2011

Longevity: 80%

nothing but flake buyers ive found on there
Old 08-21-2011

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
nothing but flake buyers ive found on there
And they wonder why they have no traffic. I typed in "iPhone" and received 5 results! LMFAO.
Closed Thread