does ebay log ip everytime?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-19-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default does ebay log ip everytime??

hi, does ebay log your ip everytime you log in?? im confused about all this ip stuff? cuz my ip is not changing everytime i log in and out of aol 9.0 as ive read in this forum. please dont tell me the answer is burried within the forum, i have spent many hours of reading just in 2 days.. and still dont have clear answer.
1.do i just need my ip changed from what it was when i suspended.. or do i need a re-ocurring changing ip everytime i log into a diff. account??
ive started the 31 day deal... but ive discovered my ip is not changing "everytime" so now i dont know if my 2 new account or "kids" as freebay calls it are any good?? please give me some advice.. im looking at having to put my son in daycare and get 'real' job if i cant get this to work s3moothly..my family depends on my ebay income.
2. what is a good website to check your ip?? mine is the same regardless if im in aol 9.0 or not.
3. i was able to change my "real" ip by unhooking my modem, but it only changed by 1 digit. i though using aol 9.0 would be the easy way of getting a new ip when needed.. do i need to unplugg all my stuff everytime i log into a new ebay just to renew the ip?? releasing and renewing doesnt work. ive tried that.
someone PLEASE clearify this for me.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-19-2008

Longevity: 98%

What I've been doing lately is just clearing the cookies, all of them except for the main ebay.com cookie, because then I would have to login again. So just keep that one but delete all the others when you go to refresh your page. This should keep things pretty clear.
To check your IP just go to your network preferences on your computer, it should be in there. Or go to whatsmyipaddress.com
Old 02-19-2008
Threadstarter  

okay.. so its more of the cookies i should be worried about. is it safe to log into paypal for printing shipping labels?? and to log into ebay to send shipping emails and leave feedback? ive read to avoid logging into either of them as much as possible. my ip on my network is different from what whatsmyipaddress says, but according to whatsmyipaddress, it is alot of the time the same. do several people share the same ip?? i read that alot of people show as located in kansas with aol? im wondering if my 2 new accounts "possibly created with the same ip within 1 day of eachother is okay??
for old timers, im really sorry. i just read a thread where someone ripped a newbie for asking questions that were most likely addressed already.. but there is so much info.. my eyes are killing me staring at the computer and i feel like im niglecting my 4 year old.. cuz ive been here reading all day lol.... poor kids has never watched so much cartoons.. hes asleep now and im still reading... so if you dont have time for me, just pass me up and the ones that do have time, thank you in advance.
Old 02-19-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

does ebay log ip everytime??

YES
Old 02-19-2008

Longevity: 97%

They always Log IP someone said before that they keep them for a very long time, not infinitely I would imagine.
Old 02-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

They have a record for at least 12 months. I have just had a bereavement. A
tender innocent 53 weeks old kid.
Old 02-19-2008

Longevity: 94%

Pretend they do and change your ip when you switch between accounts. You can neve rbe to safe when it comes to protecting your account from suspension. Never long on to more than one account from the same IP. I forgot to change my ip ONCE a few months ago when i switched between accounts. An hour later both accounts got suspended.

If you only have 1 account, you shouldent worry about IP, unless its the same IP you got banned from on another account.
Old 02-19-2008
Threadstarter  

well, i dont have balls, but ill bet my hubbys LOL...
okay.. so i really dont want to be a repeater ?er, and know that i probably am, but HOW do i change the ip EVERYTIME?? aol is not doing it?? i unhooked my modem and router overnight and it gave me back my old ip?? the one i was supsended on.. imagine that!! what a buzz kill!! i thought for sure id get something diff. releasing and renewing is not working.. any of you in california area or close using something reliable that will change the ip?? i know, i know.. keep reading..ive invested over 9 hours now in 2 days.. i will keep searching, but if anyone has a 1 liner answer to try.. please tell.
Wasnt ebay originated as a online garage sale??? man.. they got snooty with there "garage sale"! PRICKS!
Old 02-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Does your hubby know you're gambling with his balls???
Old 02-19-2008

What kind of internet connection do you have??? DSL or Cable???
Old 02-19-2008
Threadstarter  

i have dsl.
and as for my hubbys balls.. well i wear the pants in the family.. so technically i should i have my own set of balls..lol.. im one of those girls who actually owns a set of power tools AND knows how to use them!
i went to the store today to get one of those visa gift cards, and it says you need your SSN to register it.. is there a card that anyone knows of that doesnt require a SSN?? i havent run across this answer yet.. i was hoping to just register the darn thing to any'ol address.. maybe thats the benefit of a "simon" card i keep hearing about.
so im stumped.. some say the same ip doesnt matter as long as cookies are always deleted before and after moving around accounts? and others say ip needs to change. if its just about cookies, then whats the need for aol?
Old 02-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Balls on either you or your husband are not the problem. may not be what you want to hear but you have to read & read the forum. I concede it is hard if
you have kids. Each of your questions is answered. Try this:
search IP or creating account. Look at those. Do this first and when you are
comfortable, move on to gift cards. I think that you said you do reply on ebay
for income? Well, now rely on yourself as to how to deal with them. Formulate
a plan that works for you. Or if time is pressing subscribe for one on one help
Old 02-19-2008

When I first found this forum I couldn't get my ip to change either. I have DSL. It took 2 phone calls to tech support for them to make my ip address dynamic. For some reason they had it set to static which means it never changes. Call your DSL provider and have them make your IP Dynamic. After that, just unplug the modem to 10-15 secs and plug it back in. You'll have a new IP!