are New Era hats good to sell? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 07-01-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default are New Era hats good to sell?

Anyone have experience selling or know anything about New Era MLB hats? The official ones. Is VeRO going to be a problem with these?

-Albert Einstein
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-03-2010
Threadstarter  

Nobody has sold these? They are the fitted MLB hats that everyone wears nowadays. I just would like to know how strict the VeRO with these are before I put up a bunch of listings for them. I've got a couple MC019 strikes and now I have to be very careful of what items to sell.

-Albert Einstein
Old 07-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Over here in the U.K. thousands are listed, and I've never had any pulled.
Old 07-04-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by forummember View Post
Over here in the U.K. thousands are listed, and I've never had any pulled.
Chav's keeping the business afloat
Old 07-04-2010

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post
Nobody has sold these? They are the fitted MLB hats that everyone wears nowadays. I just would like to know how strict the VeRO with these are before I put up a bunch of listings for them. I've got a couple MC019 strikes and now I have to be very careful of what items to sell.
Be careful, they pull them.
Old 07-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

I tried selling some Red Bull New Era hats last year and I got about every 4th listing pulled by New Era and not Red Bull. I haven't bothered with them since.
Old 07-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I've sold quite a few other these, they were however authentic. Usually it's quite easy for a customer to tell when they've bought a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ MLB New Era Hat mainly because the quality of the sticker (both the size and the hologram) is inferior when it comes to thickness with regards to the originals.

I would go for NE hats that don't have holograms attached to them such as ones like the Red Bull (which to my knowledge don't) or Supreme. You can buy the sizing stickers for New Era hats.

I'm not completely sure about how active NE are when it comes down to Vero however in the U.K. , I've never known of one to get pulled. Do a quick search and look at a few of the hats people have listed and watch them, see how much feedback they have in relation to you, look at their comments and try to judge whether or not the items that they are selling are counterfeit.
Old 07-06-2010

if your selling REAL hats and MLB on field caps then of course its easy to sell and can make good money
Old 07-12-2010

Longevity: 89%

a buddy of mine is getting sued by them now for $7000 .. so i would say no.
Old 07-16-2010

Longevity: 87%

Wow he is actually getting sued?? Was he listing them on ebay or his own website?
Old 07-16-2010

yea he was selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗, they cant sue you if your selling authentic hats. its easy to tell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ from real.
Old 08-25-2011

Longevity: 78%

Don't mean to grave dig but what is it that gets the listings pulled? The 59Fifty part or the "Fitted" part? Is "fitted" like a 59Fifty only thing or is that just a generic term to mean that a hat is well, fitted?

I'm selling generic hats which are basically "fitted", just want to know if it's ok to put that in the title/description.
Old 08-25-2011

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrad View Post
Don't mean to grave dig but what is it that gets the listings pulled? The 59Fifty part or the "Fitted" part? Is "fitted" like a 59Fifty only thing or is that just a generic term to mean that a hat is well, fitted?

I'm selling generic hats which are basically "fitted", just want to know if it's ok to put that in the title/description.
The 59fifty part is the key, they do pull them, sometimes...lol
Old 08-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

If you dont buy them from the actual mfr that sells them and are a registered reseller for those products then I would not bother. You can be sued for ⊗⊗⊗⊗ as well as selling them and not being a registered seller with the company.

If you dont buy them direct then you arent getting them legit. No other way to say it. Thats how many items work and people seem to think their supplier or hookup is just selling them cheap. If you get them cheap then something is wrong.
Old 08-26-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
If you dont buy them from the actual mfr that sells them and are a registered reseller for those products then I would not bother. You can be sued for ⊗⊗⊗⊗ as well as selling them and not being a registered seller with the company.

If you dont buy them direct then you arent getting them legit. No other way to say it. Thats how many items work and people seem to think their supplier or hookup is just selling them cheap. If you get them cheap then something is wrong.
How many times does KingRay have to repeat this before people start realising he is telling them the truth? China=⊗⊗⊗⊗. I don't care what you sellers of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items tell me China=⊗⊗⊗⊗

Job done!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
Alps_a somewhatlegend (08-29-2011), KingRay (08-27-2011), ovidiu (08-28-2011)
Old 08-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
How many times does KingRay have to repeat this before people start realising he is telling them the truth? China=⊗⊗⊗⊗. I don't care what you sellers of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items tell me China=⊗⊗⊗⊗

Job done!!!
I think in 2008, New Era actually moved all of their production from USA to China...so, technically it's all the same now.
Old 08-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
I think in 2008, New Era actually moved all of their production from USA to China...so, technically it's all the same now.
Not really... The authorized China factories have quality standards, and they do not supply overstock to the black market like some say. ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods are coming from the many factories in China that solely make these ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods. The ⊗⊗⊗⊗ are always of inferior quality.
Old 08-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunn View Post
Not really... The authorized China factories have quality standards, and they do not supply overstock to the black market like some say. ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods are coming from the many factories in China that solely make these ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods. The ⊗⊗⊗⊗ are always of inferior quality.
I understand that with other items, such as iPhones. My opinion was in regards to these hats that are already overpriced out the ass for their supposed "superior quality" when it's nearly the damn same as the "inferior".

It's a godd*mn baseball cap.
Old 08-28-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts

Does not matter what it is, the rights owners will not allow their product to be sold by unauthorized people.

If you owned New Era, which does billions in business a year would you want someone selling them for less then you market them for?

If I remember correctly someone at Lidz, who sells New Era told me that they have a price they must sell their hats for and are not allowed to go any lower.

No matter if it is hats, shoes, socks, ipods or whatever you are stepping on their toes and they dont like it.
Old 08-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Does not matter what it is, the rights owners will not allow their product to be sold by unauthorized people.

If you owned New Era, which does billions in business a year would you want someone selling them for less then you market them for?

If I remember correctly someone at Lidz, who sells New Era told me that they have a price they must sell their hats for and are not allowed to go any lower.

No matter if it is hats, shoes, socks, ipods or whatever you are stepping on their toes and they dont like it.
Ok, I am going to stop because my point is not being understood. No where in my responses was I encouraging counter feiting. Sorry if some took it that way.

Oh, and almost forgot to mention...New Era moved production to China because they couldn't afford to remain in business in the United States. So, how "superior" do you think your "quality" really is now? Obviously, these "billions of dollars" you speak of are a bit misconstrued.

Last edited by unkown5454; 08-28-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 08-28-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Ok, I am going to stop because my point is not being understood. No where in my responses was I encouraging counter feiting. Sorry if some took it that way.

Oh, and almost forgot to mention...New Era moved production to China because they couldn't afford to remain in business in the United States. So, how "superior" do you think your "quality" really is now? Obviously, these "billions of dollars" you speak of are a bit misconstrued.
I never said you were selling crap. I said that you were selling their items without their authorization and that is what got you into trouble.

Whether real or crap you should already know that companies this big wont allow small time sellers to cut their solid high dollar customers.

Be smart and creative about how you are selling your products and you will be ok.

Sorry to say it but the USA is falling like a rock because our manufacturing base is going away because of the unions wanting their members to make 25.00 per hour to make a 10.00 hat or whatever the item is.

And the quality of goods coming from China in this case is as good if not better then it was made here. Not all products but the NE hats are better now then they were years ago. Better quality for sure.
Old 09-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

I have a few usa customers who sold these stuff but it seems they have diffculty listing the stuff now.