You won't believe this one - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-19-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default You won't believe this one

Selling on ebay since 1995 and had little to no problems with buyers up until 4-5 years ago. Now with the ebay feedback system the buyers have already figured out a way to blackmail the sellers.

With the last lady being a complete ass and telling me my item was not as desribed because it was a darker shade of pink then she had thought, I knew it was coming soon with this feedback disaster.

Email from a buyer today!

Dear xxxx,
I am e-mailing you to let you know that I have bid on one of your items. I forgot to also let you know that I will not bid until you send me a message back promising me that you will leave positive feedback upon payment being made. I usually ask this question of the seller before I place any bid.
So, if you do not want me to cancel my bid, please send me a reply with a promise that your will leave feedback promptly after receiving my payment. I always pay right away and expect shipment to be right away as well.
Thank you for listing such a beautiful item. Yours truly ! ******* of the day

I am thinking on going in cancelling her bid right in front of her. If this is what the buyers are thinking then we are all in trouble.

What would the rest of you do? Just wondering.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

Cancel her bid and block her a**
Old 02-19-2008

Longevity: 95%

Cancel her bid, and forward the slappers email to Ebay, then let her know you have done so..
Old 02-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

All of the above. What a b**** Sounds like that goes right against that wonderful spirit we know that ebay has.
{'Cuse me, I just threw up}
Old 02-19-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse12345 View Post
Cancel her bid, and forward the slappers email to Ebay, then let her know you have done so..
Exactly.. lets us know if she gets canned. There should be no reason at all why that buyer doesnt get canned
Old 02-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

And what guarantee does she give you that she won't neg you after she received the item and file for a refund? Do what everyone said above!

I had a buyer yesterday that told me he would leave me a negative if I didn't give him a refund AND let him keep the merchandise.
Old 02-19-2008

Ebay-S;
Only 1 Problem, First, I Totally AGREE.. BLOCK her and go on,,BUT,
Somethings changed in last few weeks, I have a Buyer, (maybe an ebay employee??)--anyhow his/her user id is the*black*swan, anyhow, ive had words with this person about postage being too much in the past, left me a neg,, now on 4 diff accts..EVERY SINGLE time..I see them bid on one of my accts, i go in and BLOCK them.. what do you think happens within the day??
--YEP< acct gets taken down.. starting to make me paranoid, but the black swan is bad news...They only bid with no reserve, so i now add a reserve, so they wont bid.. So, just a friendly warning,
--I've had many accts taken down last month for abusing, when i start blocking.. so Be careful
Old 02-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

I hear where are coming from, ebayhateluv and appreciate the words of caution.
Why should these types be able to blackmail sellers? Maybe send their emails
on to ebay and keep records?
Old 02-19-2008

HI-- AGAIN,., AGREE 1,000%,, but you know what..
Ebay has a Screen.. looks like a user console i guess, or a bank screen if youve ever seen one?
--it has your info--date joined etc,,, then the screen, also has actions/dates,etc.
--the screen also shows who reported the poss violation, date/followup if nec.
--its like a screen that when you call up to check your cc balance, the girls see, complete history..any and all notes pertaining to your acct from day 1, most recent notes on top of the history.
-- If "you" report too many "things"..thus, you are considered a "trouble maker" or "for the safety of the community,,and legal etc etc.. you know what i mean..
--SO< "me"--I dont contact them anymore.. at all..
--BTW- I saw this screen first hand when i met my acct mgr at ebay live 2005..
(It shows like if youre a snitch, or who's snitching on you---unbelievable what they record..) )

BTW--Keep in mind, Ive dealt with lots of folks, having been "underground" for over 6 months now.. they crawl out from every rock..
I'm not dealing from behind a 3,000 or 5,000 100% fb acct anymore, i'm dealing from a 30-50 fb acct thats 3-6 months old, and they exploit that..Ebay has now favored the Buyers.. so, the rules have changed, and we must adapt, NOW.. once the same accts get some tenure, and more fb, then you can be alittle Bolder,,but until then,,just play it safe.. )
Old 02-19-2008
Threadstarter  

I cancelled her bid and told her in an e-mail not to bid on my items. I told her it is against ebay rules to threaten someone with feedback and that I will forward her threathening email to ebay if she ever bids on my items again.

I didnt block her because this is a newer account and didnt want to take the chance.

The types of items she bids on are "all" very suspicious so I am being very careful with her. We all know buyers have tendacy of what they buy if you look deep enough. She doesnt.

ebayhateluv as usual your dead on right, with a new account and a blocked bidder I thought would toss up the red flag real quick.
Old 02-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Good discussion, i used to work in a call center for multiple companies, your right, when a person contacted us we saw everything they have ever done with the company. There was a special on CNBC on "Feebay", they showed reps sitting at desks copying and pasting names of users to suspend with several browser pages open. Also showed some trust and safety folks, i think that Rob guy? Anyway...as little contact as possible is a good thing.
Old 02-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

True. True. They have more info on you than FBI/CIA
Every action with ebay is reactive; you must be careful.
Old 02-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
And what guarantee does she give you that she won't neg you after she received the item and file for a refund? Do what everyone said above!

I had a buyer yesterday that told me he would leave me a negative if I didn't give him a refund AND let him keep the merchandise.
What a crock of sh*t, just how much farther can ePay shove their heads up the Buyers arses? Sheesh
BTW, I'm pmsing and in a foul mood
Old 02-20-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
All of the above. What a b**** Sounds like that goes right against that wonderful spirit we know that ebay has.
{'Cuse me, I just threw up}
Thats because you refused to kiss me on the first date..
Old 02-20-2008

I usually wait 30 days before I block a bidder and haven't had a problem. Usually its someone who doesn't pay and I file a non paying bidder then add them to blocked bidders list.
Old 02-20-2008

Good advice, Lizard...
Never thought to simply wait... I just started to avoid that button alltogether.. )
Old 02-29-2008

Longevity: 98%

Explain to people that payments aren't always done. Buyers can force a refund through their financial institutions or the shipment gets lost, broken, or something else and the seller has to send in the refund themselves.

Buyers can do chargebacks for 6 months same country and 1 year international. You are only secure against most chargebacks if you get AVS match of street and zip and you get cardholder's signature (not cardholder's spouse/family member), but you can't verify cardholder name without seeing the actual card. Supposedly there's a way to call the bank to verify but that probably would take a long time.