Finding info on sellers on DHGate - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 07-18-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Question Finding info on sellers on DHGate

I was wondering what exactly do you look for when sourcing sellers to buy from? Do you look at their feedback rating or items sold. There are some I have seen that have sold in the thousands and have less than 100 feedback. Any info will be taken gracefully.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Look at the feedback, but pay special attention to the NEGATIVE feedback. See what the negatives are claiming. Some negatives are left for silly reasons, for example the buyer expecting 3 day delivery from China to the USA. Simply not realistic.

Others can be more revealing. Customs seizures are a bad thing. So is low quality merchandise.

It is a judgment call, you have to use some common sense. If the negatives are for silly reasons, I discount them. If they are for good reasons, then I tend to avoid the seller. Of course, if there is 99% positive and 1 negative, then I might buy even if the negative was deserved. Generally speaking, if you are not comfortable with someone, then move on.

I also recommend building a relationship with one or two sellers as opposed to trying to deal with ten of them. If you are a good customer, you will get better service from them. They will be more likely to help you if a problem comes up as they will want to keep your business.

Lastly, I would point out that while it is fine to be FRIENDLY with a seller, the seller is NOT your friend. He or she is a business partner. Sometimes you have to sever ties with a seller. Never purchase from someone just because you personally like them, or feel sorry for them. Business is business.

I know that may seem a bit harsh, but it is reality. Any relationships you make on DHgate are only valuable if they help you to achieve your goals.

Last edited by jeffweico; 07-18-2011 at 11:45 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Alps_a somewhatlegend (07-19-2011), Burning (07-24-2011), cortex (08-04-2011), gtaforever00 (07-18-2011), MERMAID (08-11-2011)
Old 07-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks jeffweico. Any more info will be gladely taken.
Old 07-20-2011

It is always advisable to chat with them before purchase. Get a feel if they are honest or not. I talked to sellers before who even claimed that their stuff is real. Obviously a big no no. And worst of all I believed them.
Also if their prices are rockbottom it doesnt meant anything.
In my experience is also good to know if they work in a factory or just individual sellers do the business from their home.
Depending of what you planning to buy it is also important where they are located. There are some items cannot be bought in Shanghai or Beijing.
Like I advised in my previous post on this matter, if you have a good relationship with them, get QQ. It will help a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to boszika For This Useful Post:
gtaforever00 (07-24-2011)
Old 07-20-2011
Banned

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Look at the feedback, but pay special attention to the NEGATIVE feedback. See what the negatives are claiming. Some negatives are left for silly reasons, for example the buyer expecting 3 day delivery from China to the USA. Simply not realistic.

Others can be more revealing. Customs seizures are a bad thing. So is low quality merchandise.

It is a judgment call, you have to use some common sense. If the negatives are for silly reasons, I discount them. If they are for good reasons, then I tend to avoid the seller. Of course, if there is 99% positive and 1 negative, then I might buy even if the negative was deserved. Generally speaking, if you are not comfortable with someone, then move on.

I also recommend building a relationship with one or two sellers as opposed to trying to deal with ten of them. If you are a good customer, you will get better service from them. They will be more likely to help you if a problem comes up as they will want to keep your business.

Lastly, I would point out that while it is fine to be FRIENDLY with a seller, the seller is NOT your friend. He or she is a business partner. Sometimes you have to sever ties with a seller. Never purchase from someone just because you personally like them, or feel sorry for them. Business is business.

I know that may seem a bit harsh, but it is reality. Any relationships you make on DHgate are only valuable if they help you to achieve your goals.
Absolutely agree with all of this. This is business. I have had so my DH Gate sellers try to feed me these sob stories about how they only get $500 a month salary, etc, etc. I really don't care. Pay attention to feedback relating to quality and prompt shipment.
Old 07-21-2011

i ALWAYS look at the feedback (as jeffweico said), and ALWAYS chat with the seller before purchasing. Most of the time, you can get a discount by asking "is the cost negotiable".

Always works for me. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to yellow0102 For This Useful Post:
gtaforever00 (07-24-2011)
Old 07-24-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok thanks everyone for your advice. I just ordered my first shipment and chatted with the seller before hand. I asked questions about the product and felt confident about the purchase. I asked about if I placed my order now when would my package be shipped and about a specific shipping carrier. She replied it would cost more unless I ordered a certain amount. I replied ok and thanked them for their time and patients. I ordered a considerably smaller amount than what was stated for the free shipment on the specific carrier, and I sent a message after I placed my order thanking them for their business and I was looking forward to future business with them. I received the email about shipping information and I got the upgraded shipping for free.
Old 07-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Don't forget to look at other sellers and haggle $
Old 08-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

besides look at feedback,you also can compare the price and pictures .After that,you may make a small order to test the quality and service and shippment.
Old 08-04-2011

Longevity: 73%

I always start by looking at the feedback. Like mentioned above, I read the negatives to see what kind of problems they have had. Sometimes it is over things like length of time. If that is the case and everything else looks good, I will buy. I also look at the DSR for item described. It also depends on the cost of what I am buying. If it is not that expensive, I do the above. If it is a big purchase, I look much more carefully. I agree that contacting them is a good idea. If they do not respond, I avoid the seller. If this happens, they obviously don't care to please buyers. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to SweetPea For This Useful Post:
gtaforever00 (09-01-2011)
Old 08-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks everyone for all the input. I got my first shipment in today, and I am very impressed with the quality and what I actually paid !! It is an unbranded good so no worries from VERO. I guess its time to get listing.
Old 08-11-2011

Longevity: 80%

Aliexplress IS good too
Old 08-31-2011

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via MSN to xingang8889 Send a message via Skype™ to xingang8889

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedon View Post
besides look at feedback,you also can compare the price and pictures .After that,you may make a small order to test the quality and service and shippment.
RIght!