Paypal issue - - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Paypal issue -

Hey, need some advice here.

I live in the United States.

I sold a WoW CCG card over ebay for $500, sent it with confirmation. The buyer opened a dispute saying it was a different card. I had already withdrawn the money from my paypal account and now its -500. I used it to pay bills and other things, and definitely can't take a hit like this. I have a bank account, with the debit card going to it, attached. I'm hoping paypal sees reason and doesn't let this guy do this, but after reading several forums sounds like they tend to side with the buyer.

If they do would paypal deduct the money from my accounts or could I work with them to get this taken care of? A little at a time I could probably pay, but if 500 was just taken from my bank account it would be devastating.

Need good advise asap please.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-06-2011

Sounds like you have a buyer scammer. They will get their refund through paypal or their credit card company and keep your item. Paypal will try to get the -$500 for you anyway they can. Call your CC company and report your credit card lost. Then close your bank account. If by some miracle paypal decides in your favor, you can always attach new CC and bank. Most likely though the account is dead and you will have to go stealth.
Old 09-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Dude from what your Post indicates,,It seem to me that YOU were indeed trying to Scam the Buyer by sending a Different card,,you are admitting your actions when you say that you are willing to "Work it out",,that you need "a Little Time" to pay back the $500.00,,,so in essence you tried to Scam this Buyer somehow,,,It backfired on you,,and Now you are looking for help here to Complete your Crime,,,are you Crazy?
Old 09-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Without going into your business and analyzing it - only two things I will say are

1. Yes pa yp al will side with the buyer especially if you did not deliver something physical

2. Pp will attempt to recover losses by a bank account withdrawal so close as needed.

If you don't settle this issue, expect your pp account to be dead. Welcome to the forums - understand stealth and all the best.
Old 09-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderdejorand View Post
Hey, need some advice here.

I live in the United States.

I sold a WoW CCG card over ebay for $500, sent it with confirmation. The buyer opened a dispute saying it was a different card. I had already withdrawn the money from my paypal account and now its -500. I used it to pay bills and other things, and definitely can't take a hit like this. I have a bank account, with the debit card going to it, attached. I'm hoping paypal sees reason and doesn't let this guy do this, but after reading several forums sounds like they tend to side with the buyer.

If they do would paypal deduct the money from my accounts or could I work with them to get this taken care of? A little at a time I could probably pay, but if 500 was just taken from my bank account it would be devastating.

Need good advise asap please.
What efforts did you make with the buyer to resolve the problem?

You had a responsbility to do that.

Your comments?
Old 09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Dude from what your Post indicates,,It seem to me that YOU were indeed trying to Scam the Buyer by sending a Different card,,you are admitting your actions when you say that you are willing to "Work it out",,that you need "a Little Time" to pay back the $500.00,,,so in essence you tried to Scam this Buyer somehow,,,It backfired on you,,and Now you are looking for help here to Complete your Crime,,,are you Crazy?
I just want to state first that I am not a criminal, lol..
Scammed, yes. So, I have this great business opportunity, guy calls me from spain, we skype and everything, he is calling my cell, blah, blah. This is where the stupid ME comes in. I sell the item on Ebay and let the customer know it is coming from out of country and as soon as I am able to send the money to him, he will recieve a tracking number. I also gave the buyer my home phone and he lives pretty close to me. Anyway, long story short. Item doesn't show, asshole has 6000 dollars through western union and paypal account restricted. Not 6000 in my paypal account. I asked the buyer to open a dispute to get his money back. So, obviously, dispute is going through, don't have funds in paypal, family account attached, they take 6000 dollars out of the account today. Holy ****. OMG Now what do I do. Suck it up as being stupid to do business with this guy and pay paypal back the 6000.
Old 09-08-2011

Longevity: 76%

If you have his number and information inform him you will file a police report. If he refuses to cancel the dispute go ahead and file a police report and mail him the actual documents. Work everytime
Old 09-08-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by furlac View Post

Scammed, yes. So, I have this great business opportunity, guy calls me from spain, we skype and everything, he is calling my cell, blah, blah. This is where the stupid ME comes in. I sell the item on Ebay and let the customer know it is coming from out of country and as soon as I am able to send the money to him, he will recieve a tracking number. I also gave the buyer my home phone and he lives pretty close to me. Anyway, long story short. Item doesn't show, asshole has 6000 dollars through western union and paypal account restricted. Not 6000 in my paypal account. I asked the buyer to open a dispute to get his money back. So, obviously, dispute is going through, don't have funds in paypal, family account attached, they take 6000 dollars out of the account today. Holy ****. OMG Now what do I do. Suck it up as being stupid to do business with this guy and pay paypal back the 6000.

I'm lost.. Did you fall for one of those "Ill buy this $500 item from you but am going to send you $6000 thru WU. Send me the change with the $500 item?"
The Following User Says Thank You to bigdonk For This Useful Post:
furlac (09-09-2011)
Old 09-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by furlac View Post

Furlac.... You are out that money. sorry that you dont see tha this was a scam all along. Its only on every new channel and reposted on the new near monthly that this stuff happens. I guess you learned. Not so sure everyone feels sorry for you though. Kinda dumb really.

OP, Not sure what you are up to but I am with the other poster that said it looked like you are the one that scammed someone and are on here to see if you can get a way with it. Not hard for everyone to see really.
Old 09-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

WTheck? furlac jumped into the thread and took it off topic.

There is nothing so silly as lol when making comments.

You sound silly and maybe that's because lol
lol lol lol lol lol lol :
__________________________________________________ _______________

OP might not bother to return.
Old 09-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

That "l" "o" "l" really gets to you dont it. How about rotfl........?. Just kidding

Funny cause I used it in emails, etc until I saw your post once about how annoying it was and started looking at my own and thought, maaaan That IS annoying.. So I havent from that day.
Old 09-08-2011

Longevity: 74%

hey GreenBean
Old 09-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

So,,I take it that the OP's Silence Here is Indicative as to His TRUE Intentions,,,to get someone here to help him complete his Larceny,,,Im Glad to see that you got NO Help,,,and that it seem that you have found youself another Forum,,,We absolutly DO NOT Promote that type of activity here,,,Good Riddance,,,,
Old 09-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Yeah most of those posts can be spotted a mile away.