Ebay account type - Private or business? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-22-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Ebay account type - Private or business?

When ebay asks you to verify your account type, what do you think is the best?

If you specify business account, do they require further information or anything?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

They might ask you to provide your TIN or EIN (business SSN) or if you are a business here in the USA you should have whats called corporation papers filed with your state, they could ask for that too. Maybe someone else can chime in here if they have registered a business account.
Old 02-22-2008
Threadstarter  

Well, I am not registered as business, nor do I have a VAT number (I only buy to sell, but not on a "business" scale).
Old 02-22-2008

I had completely verified business account for 8 years. They still limited me and suspended the paypal account--8 years later with account in 100% good standing.

As paypal and ebay DO work together they both required the same info.--literally carbon copies. The Ein number didn't fly--required my individual SS #, full bank account statement WITH my name that's on the account on them. I have read alot of times people on here say they only want the routing #, etc., not the name--not in my case. They did a credit check, all needed every suppliers invoice I had for every item I ever sold, and 10 of he last verified shipment tracking numbers and needed to confirm they were delivered too. After all that crap and rigamaroll, BOTH paypal and ebay unsuspended and unlimited the account after 1 day.

Good Luck!!
Old 02-22-2008
Threadstarter  

Jollybee, I never thought of that actually. I expect they do want both the paypal and ebay business info to be the same.

Only thing is, all paypal business info is ⊗⊗⊗⊗? LOL!
Old 02-22-2008

Longevity: 93%

I have always used business accts. I have never been ask anymore info than a regular acct except the name of the business and such.
Old 02-22-2008
Threadstarter  

Were your details displayed on your auctions yoshis?
Old 02-22-2008

Longevity: 93%

just my business name
Old 02-22-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:
When you choose to Register, there is a light blue link underneath the main register now button, says- do you want to register as a business?
--Then, you go through the main screens of info, entering the company or llc name, then you get a 2nd screen, there to verify with a cc. (which is your PERSONAL info)--i.e. the main Officers name,etc,
--On Ebay, the name shows up as whatever screen name you choose, i.e. Bobspopsiclestandinc...
Old 02-22-2008

Gee. From what I read in here, everyone's experience seems so different. I can only speak from my experience last Saturday. I was registered as a business both with paypal and ebay--same info. I am legit--so far--LOL. When my paypal was limited and ebay suspended, I tried at first the old I'll give you my Ein, tax number, registered DBA, etc. with both Paypal and Ebay--no go, for me anyway. Wanted my name--not just business name-license, bills--home and business,dba papers,social and EIN and tax number, tax returns for past 2 years--the bank account last entire statement--all pages, associated with the accounts, not blacked out, but clearly legible--name, business name, account number, routing number--the works. Also too every invoice for every supplier detailed and itemized for each item sold on ebay in the past 6 months and each corresponding tracking number for proof of delivery for the last six months.

I must be the absolute Horror story of ebay and paypal. My stuff is all legit, again, so far. I faxed them 75 pages!!! I would have paid anything to see the face of the person sitting on that side of the fax--LOL!!! I almost fell over when I saw what they were requiring--good thing I have OCD with records like ebayhateluv--flipped them out like nothing. But damn if I wasn't legit, i'd be SCREWED!!! I have been reading these forums and I have never seen anyone need to produce so much stuff--especially on the 1st limitation and suspension.

This is what I take from my experience. They are liable to ask for everything and anything and as you can see, they did. Be ready at all times. They are getting more whacked out than ever. However, if prepared, you can come out of it unlimited and unsuspended as I did--at least until the next time. I can't help but wonder what they would ask me for the next time? Possibly a stool sample--that's about all i'd have left to give!!LOL!!
Old 02-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What exactly did you do to cause this {re}action of ebay/paypal. Veros,negs,
nasty competitor,stupid seller, lots of money transactions? I ask because ebay logarithms change frequently so other users can take your experience into account.
Very annoying for you and strange that an account as described by you should have problems out of the blue.
Old 02-23-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI: Jolly!
Yes, You're GOOD to go.. for about 4-5 months now!
**They'll Get you again, around Thanksgiving.. JUST BEFORE the Holiday Blitz.. so be Prepared )
(Been doin it for 7 yrs, over and over again--I keep my file folder with all the info by my desk)
Old 02-23-2008

I don't sell vero's or have any negs--yet. Yes, it was the HUGE influx in sales. I didn't sell much over the years and then BAM--3 weeks, moved $17,000.00, of course, not all profit, but about $8,500 was. I DO NOT recommend anyone trying this at home. I am completely legit--as I said, so far and knew 100% if they did limit or suspend me I could provide every last thing they needed. Honestly, if my business was audited by the IRS, they wouldn't have asked for so much. I looked at it like i'll give them EVERYTHING-you asked for it, you got it, just to be an a** of course. There literally is nothing more I could give them. HOWEVER, I doubt anyone ever really checked most of it-75 pages in a few hours and I was unlimited and unsuspended??? No way!! So, I know they'll be asking for it again-sooner or later. By then, I'll have 125 pages to fax them. They better stock up on paper when they come after me again!!!